Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BestCredit: How to Win the Credit Game, 2nd Edition
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 28, 2005
I am a young woman in my mid/late twenties who made a royal mess of her credit report as a "new adult". I have searched high and low, and read every book and website you can imagine about how to clean up my credit score.

Not a single book helped me until this one.

Everyone makes mistakes, and one of the greatest mistakes you can make it letting your credit score go down the tubes. However, don't lose hope! You CAN change things. It will take time, effort, and determination. Do NOT let these creditors and collection agencies beat you down - you can do this.

Not only does this book offer step by step instructions on how to handle every aspect of credit repair, but it provides you with proof of the results you can achieve. Dana Neal was an insider in this industry, but he has also struggled with repairing his own credit. He chronicles some of his experiences, educates you on how he succeded, and gives you a solid game plan to follow. He knows the law, he helps you understand it, and he refutes a lot of the common ploys you see that simply WILL NOT WORK. How does he know? Because he tried them all. This man knows his stuff.

This book covers every poor credit scenario you could imagine... bankruptcy, credit counseling companies, chargeoffs, collection agencies, judgements, existing poor debt, etc. It's all there. You will learn how to retain your dignity and still receive fantastic results.

If you want the truth and you're ready to sit down and tackle this problem head-on, buy this book immediately. The road to credit repair is a long one, and it's not much fun, but this is THE tool you need to carry on your journey.
0Comment|126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2004
For a couple of reasons, I conducted a lengthy search both online and in bookstores for a solid book on credit scoring and repair. First, I am a mortgage banker and have a desire to HELP my credit-challenged clients, not just tell them their score and turn them away to some hard-money lender who will only make matters worse for them. Secondly, I desired to boost my own score and remove some derogatory items (some true, some false). There are so many books you can buy, but I ultimately chose Bestcredit, and suggest you do the same. You'll likely come away feeling as armed and empowered as I do.
on February 19, 2004
C. Linn Bower, a small business owner, January 26, 2004,
Definately a 'results oriented' book
This author deserves the highest praise. I used to have bad credit, and now it's flawless. This book revived my ability to acquire credit; gave me the confidence to apply for credit with out fear of being denied. Neal's techniques helped to clear both inaccurate credit ratings from unscrupulous creditors as well as my own credit mistakes. His real life examples were the shot in the arm I needed to initiate credit repair on my own. Now, I can take full responsibility for great credit and keep it that way. My story began with a payment delinquency with Bank One. I was falling behind on my bills shortly after a difficult divorce, and Neal's technique for credit repair got my relationship with Bank One back on track. They even agreed to remove the bad mark. Also, I was able to clear erroneously reported information from First Union Bank and GMAC. Now they are completely removed. It really worked! And the chapter on identity theft prevention/recovery was top notch. I should also state that I've read other books on this subject. None came close to being so complete and easy to follow. (There was also some refreshing humor in there, something we can all use.) Neal was also accessible by answering questions via email- very surprising. This book isn't for the unmotivated, though. There aren't any silver bullets or snake oil methods for fixing bad credit. I highly recommend this book to anyone wise enough to recognize and take great advice. A+
on February 18, 2006
I have read BestCredit and used its tips twice now. First time I removed a negative item off my credit and raised my credit score 90+ points in one day. That saved me hundreds of dollars in interest when I bought my last car. I just recently used another technique in dealing with credit card companies and credit card debt. I just negotiated one of my credit card companies down from $9,200 down to $6,100. It was 60% off the original debt. I saved over $3,100 dollars!!! Not only did I reduce my payoff amount but I also removed all negative items from that company. I got the card to show current/paid as agreed and they alos gave me a very low interest rate so I can use the card to help build my credit score up even further. Simply put, If want to learn how to negotaite with creditors, remove negative items on your credit, and build your score back up....BUY THIS BOOK TODAY!!!
on April 5, 2004
I have this book and have read it through a couple times,and I think it is probably the best help someone could get that has a need for this type of advice! Period! The section on how to negotiate was of great help to me because it more or less tells you how to respond to the questions that you WILL be asked by collectors and such.It helped a lot also in preparing a deal that I would offer and then responding to a counter offer by the collector if indeed one was. I would recommend anyone wanting to deal with their own affairs in debt negotiation to buy and read this book and follow it as close as possible and see the results,it's great!
on June 5, 2007
I had a fair amount of credit repair experience before picking up this book. I had done a bunch of reading, hired credit repair agency, and had spent plenty of my own time trying to repair my credit in the past. My results with credit repair agencies have been totally negative, my success in my own efforts mixed. While I knew I wasn't an expert, I thought I was well-armed with knowledge - until I read BestCredit.

Most sources of credit repair information on the web offer glib "fluff" articles and oversimplified solutions to what can be a complex problem. BestCredit picks up where everything I've seen leaves off. The book has deep, thorough explanations of every problem with your credit you're likely to encounter. More importantly, it has specific, detailed solutions to various credit problems, **and to various combinations of problems.** It gives you enough background to make sure you won't unintentionally make your problem worse, which is very possible if you just read an article and print off a form letter from a credit repair web site.

I can't emphasize this enough: If you haven't read this book, you probably don't know enough about credit repair to be 100% successful in your efforts. After you read this book, you will have everything you need. Period. Buy the book, now.
on July 31, 2005
"Know your enemy, know yourself, and you shall be victorious in battle." So said Sun Tzu, and it's never more true than when playing the credit game, something we are all forced to do every now and then. For years I approached every "credit check" with confusion and fear, not knowing a thing about how these star-chamberesque Credit Reporting Agencies operate.

No longer. Take control of your destiny and buy this book. Do you know what a FICO score is? I didn't. It works on a scale of 300 to 850. Even if you have a score of 800, there are some simple things you can do yourself, right now, to improve or maintain a high score, and permanently take all fear and paranoid delusion out of future credit checks. And if you have a score of 500, this book will give you the basic tools you need to start taking back control of your finances.

Moreover, Best Credit is a fun read even on a rather dry subject such as this. The book is filled with anecdotes from the author's real experiences fixing his own credit, and some very wry and funny observations on the malevolence of the credit system.

I've browsed most of the other credit repair books available, and this is by far the most thoroughly researched and helpful. Don't even think about spending huge amounts of money on "credit repair kits" and other services. Just get this book or at least read it first - it's more than likely all you'll need.
on February 29, 2004
Before I read this book I was at a loss as to how to deal with Credit Bureaus. Many years before I had a few credit problems but I'd also worked hard to clean my credit up. Still, I could not understand why my score was not higher. After reading Mr. Neal's book, I took some of his advice, took a much closer look at my reports and found one of the agencies even had the year I was born incorrect! The book was easy to read and I not only learned how to have improved interaction with the Credit Bureau's, but also how to understand them better. Thank you Mr. Neal!
on February 18, 2004
This book was really helpful. I kept getting denied because I had a lot of bad things on my report. It took me two months to get my credit straight and a lot of work but it panned out just as the author said it would. It was easy to understand and had a lot of examples and there were many scenarios that were covered. It even helped me with a problem with a lease. Every consumer should read this book!
on March 18, 2004
Mr. Neal's book is packed with helpful, insightful information. It is a real education on understanding the credit industry and how to deal with it much more successfully. I highly recommend this well written guide to anyone who wants to improve their credit rating, or maintain a good one.