Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 19, 2012 12:09:40 PM PDT
Greg says:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Star+Trek%3A+The+Next+Generation+-+Season+1+%5B6+Discs%5D+-+Blu-ray+Disc/5795252.p?id=2496801&skuId=5795252&st=star%20trek&lp=4&cp=1

Hopefully amazon will price-match.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 8:27:52 PM PDT
M. Olson says:
I am giving Amazon until Saturday to match and if they don't I'll preorder at BB.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 3:28:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2012 3:33:02 AM PDT
Alan says:
Order it now people!
Don't wait another minute because this could be pulled at any minute - this was a surprise out of nowhere!
Not only has The Next Generation Season 1 Blu-ray been posted at Best Buys site for $59.99, but if you select in store pick-up, you qualify for another current promotion of $10.00 (e-mailed to you after 5 days from picking this item up at the store) to be used on your next purchase.
That's $49.99 now!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 4:33:26 AM PDT
maineiac13 says:
Don't wait too long as some dealers have already begun to ship this, e.g. Deep Discount shipped two days ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 6:14:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2012 6:16:29 AM PDT
Greg says:
You may be better off doing it with BB anyway. Not only are they offering the better price, but this set qualifies for a $10 BB coupon if you choose 'in-store pickup' option( as Alan Fraser says above).

What's it gonna be, amazon? $59.99 with $10 coupon match, or should I take my business to Bestbuy : )

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 11:01:04 AM PDT
Chad Palmer says:
I've already cancelled my order with Amazon and pre-ordered for store delivery at Best Buy. Even if Amazon matches, the $10 off next purchase is a nice offer.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 11:48:34 AM PDT
Chad Palmer says:
It looks like Amazon has reduced the price to $59.99 in response to Best Buy's price. I wonder how many people were cancelling orders...

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 12:49:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2012 1:48:08 PM PDT
Alan says:
Note to Chad: This isn't directed at "you" as I say you and your... it's just a statement.
---
Chad,
If they have a brain, you mean.
The additional $10.00 coupon by e-mail from Best Buy should be gaining your attention as Star Trek just became $49.99 - assuming your other part of the brain takes that $10.00 coupon to purchase "what's on sale" at Best Buy afterwards.
I'm amazed at how people who buy at Best Buy - finally spent enough to earn that $5.00 coupon from the Rewards Program, only to use it on a full priced item, or a sale priced item that isn't even a sale.
---
Amazon may lower the price to $59.99 to match Best Buy (and I'm shocked that Best Buy gained the attention of Amazon like this), but Amazon must be counting on your loyalty or something as they are still $10.00 higher than Best Buy in the final outcome of the sale.
---
Why am I shocked at Amazon?
Example: Walmart has had the last Jeff Dunham blu-ray listed $2.00 lower than Amazon for several weeks now.
Has Amazon reacted?
No.
Some would argue that the volume of sales on a new product like Star Trek far outweighs the profits made vs. a product that's been out awhile like Jeff Dunham, so why react.
True, but smart business people react as every penny, nickle and dime makes all the difference in overall company performance in sales.
Amazon is too big to realize or care about the small differences anymore.
Amazon could be so much better in the bottom line, but because they are so big, they tend to ignore the little things and go for the throat in the bigger things.
---
Price match guarantee?
You only get it while the Walmart web page is still up and can be viewed.
If you submit a price match and days later, the page disappears, you're now upset because you won't get the price match as it took days for the Amazon person to look it up.
It is not good business to upset a customer - it is good business to pay attention, even in the little things.
Interesting thought, hmm?
It makes me wonder what else Amazon leaves behind.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 1:28:11 PM PDT
Chad Palmer says:
Depending on the expiration of the $10 coupon, I'll just save it for Season 2 when it comes out.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 1:30:07 PM PDT
Fortang says:
The coupon expires at the end of August for July pickups

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 7:16:55 PM PDT
Greg says:
Ha, so Amazon price-matched! A step in the right direction, if this is truly a price match they'd have to offer the $10 coupon as well. Heck offer $5.... I prefer to shop amazon but my wallet has no such preferences. It just gravitates towards the best deal : )

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 2:24:39 PM PDT
Peein Elmo says:
Picking mine up at Best Buy. Amazon may have matched the price but BB is offering another $10 gift code.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jul 19, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 1 [Blu-ray] by Levar Burton (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,316)