Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 12:23:45 AM PST
Kaiko says:
Received my Beta Key after purchasing the CE 2 days ago. Just letting you all know you WILL get your beta key :-)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:26:10 AM PST
dorkenshire says:
I am super psyched to try the beta after waiting for the release since April. Will everyone who pre-orders get one now?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:47:00 AM PST
Shanghaied says:
Got mine this morning from the CE pre-order as well. Looking forward to playing this weekend!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:37:23 AM PST
Giovanni says:
I bought the SE the 14th still waiting for mine :(

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 1:01:37 AM PST
Wonder if beta keys are still incoming. Pre-ordered on 15th and still nothing. Now the offer has been removed from page. Will give it a couple more days, but only ordered from here for that offer.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 6:15:57 AM PST
Patz0rz says:
Hope they have enough keys, offer removed, and mine shoulda came yesterday :/

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 2:21:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 2:34:22 PM PST
I also ordered on the 15th and I have not gotten my beta key yet. My friend ordered last night (saturday, 17th) and got his a few minutes ago. Confusion is happening.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 3:25:13 PM PST
Same here, should we contact customer support?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 5:04:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 5:08:42 PM PST
I already sent them an email a few hours ago and I haven't heard anything back but it couldn't hurt

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:37:48 PM PST
Just an update, I emailed customer service and they sent me a beta key within a few hours, pretty impressed. suggest that you guys do the same if you haven't gotten one

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:17:11 PM PST
Patz0rz says:
Ah, I tried chatting with a rep, he couldnt figure anything out, so I said thanks, then follows up via email telling me he cant tell me about unannounced promotions and to check back in the coming weeks. Hope I have more luck with the email ticket!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:36:01 AM PST
I tried the e-mail thing and got a response that was perplexing. It was as if they didn't even read it and were trying to solve a totally unrelated issue even though I explained the situation clearly. Anyways, will give it through the 20th then cancel the preorder because i don't appreciate bait and switch. Can get it on release day without the shipping charges through local gamestop if not getting a key anyways.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 5:09:25 AM PST
Ron Kagan says:
same as above posters. i ordered on the 15th. sent today a mail to customer service about this. a friend of mine chatted with an online rep and could not get any answer. just now he got an email back to allow one more day of wait and he should get the key by mail.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:14:04 AM PST
Patz0rz says:
They told me via email 5-6 more days.. It's funny considering on the 15th it said keys would be sent WITHIN 48 hours, on the 16th it said within 24 hours indicating they had enough keys to issue to all the people who bought on the 15th. Then there are people here posting they ordered on the 17th and have recieved already! It's like they gave their minions a pile of orders and let them apply whatever bias they want to actually sending them out. Why string me along, Amazon?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:04:50 PM PST
Mister B says:
Yeah, when I ordered on the 15th it said I should get it starting the 17th, but still haven't.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:41:18 PM PST
I contacted customer support on the 17th and got a email telling me to wait "just 5 more days" which is basically amazon telling me to go ^*(@ myself because I am not going to get a key. I am canceling my pre-order and suggest everyone who got screwed over to do the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:58:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 12:01:08 AM PST
Salpe says:
I have pre-ordered on Thrusday November, 14th too.

I have contacted three times with amazon and every time I did it they told me: "We apologize, we will send you in 1-2 days" but today I have received: "We apologize, we will send you in 2-4 days"

Is this a joke?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:07:40 AM PST
turtlebud says:
pretty bad handling of the situation from amazon where earlier pre-orders are still waiting for their beta keys & later pre-orders got them already. ordered on 11/15 and have gotten two emails responses from amazon saying to wait one more day. won't be as big of a deal as long as we get the keys eventually, but if they run out, that really sucks, is false advertising and is not fair.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:32:36 AM PST
Ron Kagan says:
my guess is that they did ran out of them. now they are bouncing people to let them get more from blizzard and resolve this issue.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 1:54:15 PM PST
I emailed them about this, and they got back to me about an 1 hour later, people who have not recieved one yet should do the same.
Can't wait to play HotS!

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 6:23:50 AM PST
J. Hackworth says:
I spoke with a CR and they told me it would be a few days, but he admitted Amazon did mess up and ran out, but will be getting more.

I believe him; When Wings of Liberty was still in beta i preordered 2 months before release. I was hoping to get the promised beta invite, but didn't. 2 weeks later I received an email apologizing for the delay and contained a beta invite code. Just be patient people. Even if you did get screwed we only have 4 more months. Whats four months compared to 3 years (16 including the WOL wait)?

UPDATE:
I just spoke with a C.R. again and they were a bit more specific after I asked a few questions:

AMAZONREP: I'm sorry that you didn't receive the codes for
for beta access to the game
we're working to obtain more codes from Blizzard.
Orders purchased prior to November 17, 2012 should've already received the code."
Me:so it is coming and be patient, correct?
AMAZONREP:Orders on or after that date will be sent a code once we receive more, even though it wasn't advertised at the time of their order.
Yes, <me>.

Also, I hear amazon.de is still giving out codes as of 10/21/12, but im sure they will run out soon enough too; i heard amazon.uk was handing out codes on the 19th but stopped on the 20th, so its probably the same situation as http://amazon.com.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:45:13 AM PST
I got a key finally, so I guess I was wrong.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 4:41:38 AM PST
J. Hackworth says:
UPDATE: JUST RECEIVED MY BETA KEY THIS MORNING 11/23/12!!! = )
thanks amazon. lke said y'all, be patient

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 7:21:54 AM PST
Patz0rz says:
I think saying be patient when someone renegs on a deal is foolish. I got my key after 3 separate times contacting these guys. Will avoid Amazon at all costs unless I know they are taking a bath on the sale!

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 11:48:04 AM PST
turtlebud says:
beta key offer is up on the product page again - order again and cancel existing pre-order. got beta key from my second pre-order in less than a day.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Expansion Pack
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Expansion Pack by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
4.4 out of 5 stars (599)