Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 17, 2012 8:31:36 PM PDT
So I've toyed around with the beta for a few hours, played the 6 characters that you can so far, and honestly I'm really not impressed. For the first few matches, I really liked what I saw, but as I began to play more I honestly got quite bored. The play mechanics are kinda dumb with the only attacks that really matter being supers. Everything else just kind of bounces people around but doesn't really have any lasting impact. It's essentially a match of who can land the most supers on the most people which really becomes boring after a while. I don't know, maybe I was expecting this game to be too much like Smash Bros, but so far I don't like it and won't be buying it in the near future unless the actual game has more to offer than this lackluster experience with a few more characters.

Anybody else get to try the beta yet? What were your thoughts?

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 9:22:27 PM PDT
JohnL says:
The characters are so small and hard to see. Very hard to keep track of yourself at times. Very annoyed so far. Going to have to try on the vita, but if I can't see them on my 52" TV, I'm worried about the small vita screen.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 2:36:41 PM PDT
T. Reed says:
Sony should pull a EA and delay this release. This is by far the worst beta I've ever played. Terrible IMO.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 8:55:13 PM PDT
Tim Drake says:
I see fine on my 26". They were just as small on SSBM.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 11:45:14 PM PDT
Juju says:
you must have had the best 26" tv in the world then.. I have a 42" and I could hardly see my character.. and I have really good vision.. and definitely not as small as SSBM.. unless were talking about hyrule castle with four characters ( the one stage i hate the most) I dont agree..
The vita version must be worse..

There's obviously a problem.. I mean hopefully they take some efffort to see what they can do to fix it... it will only help the final game

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 12:51:22 PM PDT
saskamazon says:
wow, I have a 43 HD tv & see my character fine, sometimes with the 4 moving around, I can lose track of what color I am .... I really like it on the Vita - maybe more than the PS3 .... even though Specials are the only way to get kills, you must go on the attack to get your AP up for the specials ... still takes strategy & skill ... I really like the game, & think that with the full 20 to chose from, it will only get better. cross buy - Day 1 purchase ....

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 7:18:20 PM PDT
packy17 says:
I can see fine on the Vita screen. In fact, it's the only version I've been playing for the past week and I've been consistently winning matches with every character. If you have problems seeing, that's a personal problem, not a problem with the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 7:39:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2012 7:47:45 AM PDT
Juju says:
I just played the vita and you are just like some of the other guys trying to say there's nothing wrong.. So just to stand clear I played the 2 days before commenting jut incase who knows.. I might get better and might like the vita more. Sorry to say but your so called "perfect game" hasn't blown me away.. So tried all the characters but ending up loving sly cooper.. really wanted to play originally as fat princess but she might just be the hardest character to win a match.. With FP I end up never losing sight of my character however I get own by freaking the God of War.. and its not like I dont give my own share of spanking but mastering FP super is quite challenging.. packy17 you are obviously a better gamer than I am and I'm sorry to say that not everyone is as good as you.. So being good at the game is obviously where you I can't say I believe you.. as you just might one of those people who master games in like in a matter of seconds..
To explain why IT IS actually quite hard to see. Doesnt have nothing to do with my vision.. some of it might be due to my mild case of color blind.. but charcters being small is a ISSUE.. not really because its hard to see if there was a clear white background but clearly because the colors for most of the characters are ridiculously close to one another and sometimes the background.. and especially when there's two of the same characters.. At least on the ps3 it was tad bit easier to spot every once in a while but on the vita it is ridiculous. my god every match I played with Sly cooper.. the only way I knew where I was when I would disappear using "L" which is blocking and reappear.. and it's obvious you are like GOD's perfect child..because if you come here and tell me YOU dont ever lose track of your character, especially Sly and The Killzone character.. then you are either an amazzing liar.. or just literally perfect in vision.. trust me I am jealous..
This is of my experience with the game.. my opinion and problem with the game.. dont tell me I am the only one having this problem because then you are lying.. as there multiple people who encountering the same problem... If you are having no problems then this doesnt concern you.. The game was obviously made for gamers like yourself.. I wont argue with that.. but don't tell me my opinion is wrong or that its a personal problem and not a problem with a game.. I played games with smaller characters and I never had this problem.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Oct 17, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (414)