Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 49 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 21, 2012 9:39:30 AM PDT
Jamil Bhatti says:
Overall I like it.

CONS:
I wish the graphics and sound were more polished, but this isn't the finished thing so that can always improve. I wish every class could stealth, not just the sniper class. Is it possible to counter the UAV somehow? If the other team has one you seem to be screwed.

PROS:
I really like the squad dynamics and the ever changing random objectives. The cover system is great - just like the last splinter cell or the previous advanced warfighter games - you can see a spinning circle of other cover points and can rapidly transfer between them. Anyway, it's fun and I will dig into it more this weekend.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 10:57:17 AM PDT
T. Smith says:
I was playing the beta earlier but then the servers crapped out, but I was enjoying it. Actually got me coming here to pre order it.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 7:34:46 PM PDT
The lag is frustrating and the ability to unlock more weapons are far and few in between level ups. I like the game over all but too much lag to commit 60 dollars for pre-orders; imho.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 12:28:22 AM PDT
Billy Kan says:
Well, it seems like early server problems which is to be expected. I won't pre-order, but I also wouldn't expect the alg to carry into the actual game. I know what you're saying about the weapons, but for me, it allowed me to spend my credits upgrading that one gun instead of making me keep changing guns.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 3:44:25 PM PDT
Chris94 says:
how u get beta?

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 3:40:36 AM PDT
B. McBeth says:
The servers are hit or miss, there are a couple of fixes however.
Ubisoft servers were doing maintenance this weekend, so hopefully this week will be better for getting into games.

The active camo is neat, but I've noticed that even with it you can still stand out because of the refraction of light. So here I'm thinking I'm hidden only to be lit up pretty quickly. The active camo also does not protect you from infrared unless you have the upgraded camo unlocked.

I think one problem I'm going to have is picking between the "decision points." For instance, the sniper has to make the choice between a infrared scope or the custom sniper scope, and then later Augmented/upgraded camo and bullets that have a guidance pkg in them, allowing for tracking your shot on the move. The Rifleman has to decide between the 40mm smoke grenade and an underbarrel long range stun weapon. And later there are some decisions to be made between the guns you want to unlock.
going to be tough, but at least you can go to the firing range before unlocking the weapons / attachments to decide which one you want to use/unlock.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 7:53:44 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 9, 2012 10:20:25 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 7:59:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2012 8:00:19 AM PDT
Geois says:
@how u get beta?

PS3 - be a ps plus member.

X360 - you can get it through splinter cell conviction.

Other - pre-order from GS prior to 4/16.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 8:02:24 AM PDT
Peragulator says:
If you have a Raptr account you'll get a code.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 12:04:19 PM PDT
T. Smith says:
Are you serious? Campers? I haven't found one instance of camping in this game due to the camera system basically outing you to the entire opposing team. The game is fun, I only had 2 laggy matches and that is to be expected when everyone and thier mothers come on to play and not know how to set up a proper interent connection.

I do agree that the squad chat makes little to no sense here, but that is the beauty of xbox live party chat. get all 8 people in for that.

The gametype in the beta is one of many modes, so you can't complain in that regard. It would be nice if they added more modes while the beta is active to show of more of the game.

You mention COD players as if they are going to play GRFS over COD which won't be the case. It's a beta you'll get all types of gamers on betas. When the game comes out you'll have GR fans and not COD fans playing the full version. I think you should give this game a little more credit in that it is just a beta and it can be improved.

This is coming from someone who is sick of the FPS genre.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 1:00:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2012 1:02:02 PM PDT
Satoru S. says:
My Problem with this game is nobody plays it like its suppose to be played. Nobody use tactics , everybody just runs around shooting each other like they playing team death match. one round I was the only person going after objectives . The rest of my team was spawn camping the other team.
I dont know if its bad map design or bad xbox live community.
I won't be playing this game online , at least it changes (I dont think it will) but the story mode still has my eye.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 1:05:25 PM PDT
Duster says:
I have to agree with T. Smith. I actually went in to Gamestop this weekend to pre-order it (and maybe get a beta code, which I did) in hopes that it is nothing like the CoD or BF series. I've played both series up to the current releases and now can't stand them. My first real co-op tactical shooter was starting with the Rainbow Six games. I'm looking for a highly tactical, scoot and shoot game, which I think GRFS is doing quite well at.

What is really getting me excited for this game is the avoidance of the mindless run and gun style. I've had a mix of both in the limited amount of time I've played the beta though. I tend to see the tactical guys give out great pointers for somebody just getting into the game, and run and gun guys get absolutely whooped on.

I haven't seen too many campers stay alive for long if you work well as a squad.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 3:05:04 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 4:30:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 4:31:56 AM PDT
B. McBeth says:
Absolutely. Last night I was with a squad and we just dominated. We were accomplishing most of the objectives and the other team couldn't keep up. I switched to Rifleman w/ the LMG and kept them suppressed, it's pretty neat seeing you rack up points just for suppressing the enemy. Glad that they included that, because even if you're not taking out the enemy, you're still rewarded for helping your team.

It's definitely tactical, I'm really looking forward to the other modes, especially Guerrilla Mode.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:31:04 AM PDT
JKC says:
You do realise it's not the finished product right? You can't judge based on a beta. You are testing the product. Let Ubisoft know what issues you see and they are more likely to fix them. Say nothing and nothing gets done.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 2:00:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 2:01:02 PM PDT
Peragulator says:
Campers abound on Pipline. They go up top or in that busted up building and snipe. If you spawn back by the shantys and move to the right theres ALWAYS a guy at the end of the last barrier sniping. Mill map. They snipe all day long at the middle or far side of the bridge and after you go over the small footbridge into the mill. When you exit that structure there's always a guy in that second storage barn or someone camps around the corner. Hopefully ego boy Smith won't have a heart attack with these comments.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 2:19:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2012 2:21:16 PM PDT
if you want a key let me know. I have 2 more of them in my email inbox. Overall it was a rough start, felt odd at the beginning, but i stuck with it and found myself semi enjoying it. Weapon unlocks definitely could have been better. Servers definitely sucked on the first night.

I enjoyed the Horde mode at PAX much more than this beta. They should have made it that instead.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 11:43:29 PM PDT
Bryce3333 says:
Enjoying the beta but really want to try the new terrorist hunt mode, Guerrilla.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 2:10:17 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 26, 2012 7:02:32 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 7:58:45 AM PDT
Kyle says:
Hey Joesph, please message me a key! My PSN is:
Cheezburgerz

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 8:04:48 AM PDT
sorry i just gave out my two keys, they were both for Xbox, i did't have any for PSN. Sorry

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 9:27:44 AM PDT
Exavion says:
This IS pretty much the finished thing, its a multiplayer beta that you are using a month before the game launch. It's just a stress test to make sure their system can handle the kind of stress involved with running these games over LIVE and PSN. Do not expect some or any graphic improvements in the launch version, if they start working on those now, they will only be able to apply them via patches.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 10:13:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2012 12:19:17 PM PDT
Duster says:
Exavion did you read the release they had about the beta regarding their finished product? Even in there it says this isn't the finished product and they are stress testing the servers and looking for bugs.

It's astonishing how many people think "beta" stands for "final product". If that was the case it would be called a Demo, which it isn't, and even some demos say "this doesn't reflect the final product."

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 12:04:53 PM PDT
Sirese Sales says:
To me this feels nothing like G.R.A.W or G.R.A.W. 2, it feels more like a 3rd person COD game. And that's pretty how much people play it online too. The controls feel a bit too fast for a ghost recon game maybe I'll give it another shot when it's released though.

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 10:56:39 PM PDT
knowidea says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  29
Total posts:  49
Initial post:  Apr 21, 2012
Latest post:  May 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about