5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenon;
I don't know why I'm writing a review of this dvd, as I agree wholeheartedly with all the reviews already posted here. But, I feel compelled to add my two cents about this most phenomenal of artists. Either God or Satan, I'm not sure which (maybe it was a collaborative effort)must have been bored one day and decided to create magic. Taking the best parts of Janis Joplin,...
Published on April 25, 2005 by F. Gentile

3.0 out of 5 stars love her voice
She has such a wonderful voice, an amazing talent...but the songs on this DVD are uninspiring, nothing here that I would replay
Published 2 months ago by Judy Wallace

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beth Hart Definitely "Lifts you Up"!!!, March 24, 2005
Michael Lucido (Antioch, CA. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beth Hart - Live at Paradiso (DVD)
I first heard Beth Hart on a morning radio show (Mark & Brian)while driving home after working all night. She was singing in the studio and being interviewed. I was amazed. I sat in my driveway until it was over, then went on Amazon and bought her available cds. When Amazon sent me an email for the DVD I immediately pre ordered it. IT'S AWESOME. If ever someone was "born" to do something, Beth was born to perform. If you doubt this just look in her eyes after coming off stage after singing I Don't Need No Doctor during the bonus rockumentary portion. Incredible! She has a top notch band supporting her. She'll bring tears to your eyes, she'll make you smile, she'll give you everything she's got.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spirit and Soul of Janis lives on, April 10, 2005
This review is from: Beth Hart - Live at Paradiso (DVD)
This is one of the best DVD's I own, up there with the brilliant solo concert DVD by Melissa Etheridge "Live and Alone". Comparing her to Janis Joplin is inevitable as they both have such passion and raw energy in their vocals and both have faced the demons of drugs but thankfully Beth has now been clean for sometime. Watching her on stage in this DVD is mesmerising as the look on the audience faces on some of the shots show. She is a born performer, raunchy, sexy and low down dirty, Awesome. If you like Janis Joplin, Robert Plant style vocalist ( She does a version of "Whole Lotta Love " that would rival Plant at his best) , get this, it will blow your socks off. Also includes a brilliant version of "I Don't Need No Doctor", which is also as good as Humble Pie's if not better, in the extras. Most of the tracks are self-penned or co written and show her as a very strong writer.

What about her band?..... She has got a superb set of musicians behind her that play like they have been together for years and give her the platform to really let go.

She deserves to be up there with the best in the Business.

If you only buy one DVD this year, get this one.......Janis would be a fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars "I'm like a raw nerve", May 11, 2005
J. Huffine (brooklyn park, mn United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beth Hart - Live at Paradiso (DVD)
"I'm like a raw nerve" Beth says in the early part of this show. Yes, indeed! This Southern tomboy delivers the goods.

Note to future film makers: This is how you do a concert video...no interviews/documentaries or other distractions between songs. Just get out of the way and let the musicians go.

I own many music dvd's in all genres, and this one is in the top ten for sure. Well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, February 10, 2007
This review is from: Beth Hart - Live at Paradiso (DVD)
I can't decide which song I like best. This is really one of the best live cd's I've listened to.

If you don't like blues - you will after you listen to Beth Hart.

Modern day Janis Joplin - maybe but I prefer to think of her as her own person.

If you want a cd that will put you to sleep, don't buy this one. It's live and will make you feel alive.

It's really well done. Worth the money. Yes, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beth Hart....the REAL deal!!!, February 5, 2006
This review is from: Beth Hart - Live at Paradiso (DVD)
BELIEVE IT!!! Beth Hart is the REAL DEAL! I found this DVD after having seen concert photos of Beth and e-mailing the photographer to find out who this amazing woman was. Beth is from Los Angeles but is currently touring almost exclusively in Europe, to sold-out shows, where she is deservedly loved. This concert filmed very professionally in Amsterdam is the most incredible performance by a female (or male) singer and band that I have seen in decades. Any fan of rock-n-roll, of any age, of any sex, (I'm 53) will be awestruck, rocked, moved to tears, and more than a bit turned on! Beth's and her incredibly talented band's performance on her song "Immortal" is one of the greatest ever captured on film. One minute rockin' the house down and the next touching your heart with her soul baring lyrics, Beth is never less than wildly mesmerizing throughout this unforgetable 90+min. The MANY comparisons to Janis Joplin, who I was lucky enough to see live twice, are in spirit valid, but actually minimize Beth's superlative talents and charisma. Jon Nichols on guitar is raw, brilliant perfection! Nichols, Tom Lilly-bass and John Hyman-drums create a huge wall of sensuous driving rock and blues, as good as it gets. Buy this one, and I GUARANTEE you'll want to share your discovery with every music fan and friend you know! Beth and the boys finish here with a jaw dropping cover of "Whole Lotta Love". "Baby yooou neeeeed me"....Damn right!!!! You'll be as drained after this one as the audience in Amsterdam so obviously was. GOD bless YOU Beth Hart!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Live DVD Concert, May 25, 2005
This review is from: Beth Hart - Live at Paradiso (DVD)
If you are not familiar with Beth Hart and her music, I have to say that if you purchase this, she will not disappoint. I have been a big fan of Beth Hart's for years. However, I am sad to say I have not been able to see this wonderful person perform live. I Had tickets to see her at a festival in Mobile, Alabama years ago but she cancelled. So I left and bothered not to see any of the other acts. She was the only one I wanted to see. Now that I have this dvd, I have not been able to go a day without playing it. She is absolutely mesmorizing on stage. There has been no one I have ever seen that has been so powerful, honest and raw (no lip-synching, staged choreography). Just Beth being herself. And she really connects with her audience like no other performer ever has. I have had her latest cd "Leave the Light On" for a while and since I am not a very religious person, I did not give it a good listen because of some of the religious references in her songs. After viewing her live performance of her new songs, I went back to listen closely to her latest CD. I could've hit myself for being so narrow-minded and making false assumptions. It, in my opinion, is her best work yet. I hope she can make a larger break-through in the U.S.. With a lot of the top 40 being consummed by manufactured "singers" it will be hard, but hopefully she will get the recognition she deserves. It seems the Europeans already know what a talent she truly is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beth Hart is amazing, February 26, 2006
This review is from: Beth Hart - Live at Paradiso (DVD)
I have known her incredible voice and music for while. The DVD was a superb addition to my collection. An intimate performance with a smallish audience in Amsterdam. What energy that girl has! The DVD short about her was excellent too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Music DVD, October 2, 2005
This review is from: Beth Hart - Live at Paradiso (DVD)
I am a songwriter / musician. My cousin had been begging me to watch this DVD for a while. My attitude was like 'Yeah, right. Another chick singer..blah, blah.'Finally she cornered me to watch it.

The 1st song is done with her playing the piano and singing solo. O.K...pretty good song. This goofy girl has got talent. The second sounds good also..she's playing guitar on this one and the song is really good.Third song, her guitarist joins and its also a great song...4th the band joins in. Every song keeps getting better and better. Not only that, the goofy girl transforms into a sexy babe that has me drooling. By mid show she goes beyond that and becomes untouchable! Like only Brad Pitt or someone like that would have a chance with this chick.

What is truly happening is that this is a rare talent vocally that is also expressing herself with all her heart. Something that your not gonna get with todays polished, well coriographed shows or the others, that have the voice but are restrained.

Besides the great show, a word about her voice....THE BEST. And I don't mean the best female voice. I mean the best I've ever heard male or female.

I'm buying multiple copies to send to the female singers I've worked with..it might discourage them, but I'm betting it will inspire them more so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beth Hart Is Pure Energy, Passion & Talent, October 2, 2005
This review is from: Beth Hart - Live at Paradiso (DVD)
We are all too aware that the popular music scene today seems to be filled with look alike, sound alike cookie cutter performers. Styles lack any originality or do little to communicate anything about the artist. None of this is true with Beth Hart. She is what music is supposed to be. She is raw, yet totally polished in her art form. Whether she's singing a slow story song about her trials in life or belting out blues---she makes you feel it, be there with her and believe it. I've heard some compare her to the great Janis Joplin--in my opinion this is to Janis' credit--because Beth is just more, and much, much better. If it were just her performing that we were counting it would be enough, but her songs are brilliant to. Ms. Hart is the total package.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST female artist out there!!!, December 1, 2005
This review is from: Beth Hart - Live at Paradiso (DVD)
I discovered Beth Hart back in 1998 by accident flipping through the channels. She's incredible! I've seen her live 5 times and have met her and the band and hung out with them on several occasions. She talented, funny, sincere and one of the coolest people I have ever met. You MUST listen to her music.All three CD's are incredible and the DVD is a must for anyone who has never seen her live!And it's a definite must for all Beth Hart fans!!

Incredibly talented with a voice like I have never heard. She'll touch your heart and soul and at the same time give you goosebumps and bring tears to your eyes.

Give her a listen and tell all of your friends!!

One of her BIGGEST fans...Sherrie in Birmingham

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Beth Hart - Live at Paradiso
Beth Hart - Live at Paradiso by Beth: Live at Paradiso Hart (DVD - 2005)
$14.99 $11.96