5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout!
Published on September 26, 2011 by M. Larson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good workout, you just have to deal with Bethenny
Published 9 months ago by FnkyFresh90210

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout!, September 26, 2011
This review is from: Bethenny's Skinnygirl Workout (DVD)
I have never really done yoga before, but wanted to get into it. I will admit that I am a huge fan of Bethenny. I think she's wonderful and I love her sense of humor so when I saw this at a big-box store I knew I had to own it. I figured if anyone could make yoga accessible it would be Bethenny and I was right. She doesn't always do every pose perfectly and doesn't always do the "advanced" option, which I find refreshing. To me there is nothing worse than a workout DVD that the person is so stiff and does everything perfectly....kinda makes me feel like a failure. The dynamic between Bethenny and Mike McArdie is great - very relaxed and enjoyable.

I really like the 3 workouts that you can pick and choose from and the 12 minute stretch is awesome. It is NOT an easy workout - just challenging enough to push you, but not so impossible that you want to give up. I'm looking forward to using this for a long time in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars great workout, minor issues, October 2, 2011
This review is from: Bethenny's Skinnygirl Workout (DVD)
First of all, I'd like to say that I credit Bethenny Frankel (and Kristin McGee) for helping me lose some weight and get into better shape with the Body by Bethenny DVD that I LOVE. I saw this new DVD while shopping at Target and had to have it, and while the workout is awesome, I just have minor issues that bothered me a little bit.

Good things first. Like I said, the workout is great, and about as challenging as Body by Bethenny was. Not overly so but still...it's not easy. The new trainer, Mike, is wonderful. His calm approach and quirky sense of humor eased me through the workout, and I will say that time FLIES on this thing. I like to do at least 35 minutes worth of exercise, so about 2 segments, and yeah, I'm done before I know it. Having the three segments instead of the one long yoga segment in Body by Bethenny is a plus, because you get to chose what you feel like doing each day and it feels like less of an undertaking.

Now for the minor issues. There seems to be something wrong with the DVD menu. Whenever I select one of the segments specifically on the DVD, I expect it to play that segment and then return me to the menu page--but that never happens. For example, I only wanted to do the first 15 minute segment one day, and I was just waiting for it to end and return to the menu, but it kept going onto the second segment. I didn't realize I'd been working out for 25 minutes until I looked at the timer. It's not a huge deal, but the fact that it does this doesn't make very much sense. Secondly, my one gripe with the workout is that there is a LOT more balancing stuff than Body by Bethenny. I understand the importance of balance, but as Bethenny says, somedays you can do it and somedays you can't. And when you can't do it and they're holding multiple balancing poses for long periods of time, it gets frustrating and annoying. Body by Bethenny had the tree pose and warrior 3, but that's it, and if I couldn't balance I was only missing out on about 2 minutes of exercise. When I can't balance and I'm missing pose after pose on this DVD, it feels like I'm wasting time.

But like I said, these are just minor problems. I can definitely look past them and say I'm happy I bought this DVD, and I will be using it just as much as Body by Bethenny, which is a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout, March 23, 2012
This review is from: Bethenny's Skinnygirl Workout (DVD)
This is a great workout for your entire body. Not only can you focus on every area of your body, but you can control how long your workout is without missing anything, which helps when you have a busy schedule. For those who have never really done yoga, I would suggest getting Bethenny's "Body By Bethenny" first, since the poses are explained in great detail and modifications are shown. This workout is great if a bigger challenge is desired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than her first DVD!, January 23, 2012
This review is from: Bethenny's Skinnygirl Workout (DVD)
I've had Body by Bethenny for a long time and I try to do it several times a week. I still haven't gotten bored with it. So I was really excited when she released a second DVD. I just got it last week and I'm hooked. It's much more intense and challenging than the first one. I was really sore the next day, in a good way that made me feel like I got a good workout. It's a more fast-paced yoga -- you don't hold the poses for very long but instead move quickly from pose to pose. It really works your abs, butt, and arms. I plan on doing this workout often, maybe alternating days with the first DVD.

Bonus: While the workout itself is awesome, my favorite part of the DVD is Cookie's cameo.

If you love Bethenny, this is a must-buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Yoga workout!, February 12, 2012
This review is from: Bethenny's Skinnygirl Workout (DVD)
This is a great Yoga workout! It is still fun Bethenny does a great job of keeping you entertained during the workout

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dvd, January 24, 2012
This review is from: Bethenny's Skinnygirl Workout (DVD)
I really like the work outs on this DVD. They aren't easy by any means and I find myself challenged With each one.
They are short and sweet when you don't have alot of time to dedicate to it.

Definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect workout for busy moms!, September 20, 2011
This review is from: Bethenny's Skinnygirl Workout (DVD)
New York Times bestselling author and Bravo celebrity Bethenny Frankel returns with the follow-up to her highly successful Body by Bethenny exercise DVD. In her signature dead-pan style, she shares her secrets and lifestyle tips for staying in shape. With the help of Bikram yoga and Pilates instructor Mike McArdle, Bethenny has devised three complete work-outs with varying levels of difficulty to fit into even the busiest of schedules.

Not only does the DVD include one 20-minute and two 15-minute workouts, but also bonus features which enhance the overall experience. The Booty Bonus is the perfect routine for the on-the-go business executive or even busy mom looking for a quick fix. The Recipe Booklet offers sample yummy recipes from The Skinnygirl Dish for a taste of healthy eating. The pièce de résistance is the relaxing Bonus Stretch. Bethenny's exciting new workout will surely wow all of her fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it so much I actually do the workout!, October 15, 2011
This review is from: Bethenny's Skinnygirl Workout (DVD)
I love this. I find Bethenny to be hilarious, and she doesn't disappoint in this workout. She is real and you don't feel like an idiot when she's honest about what positions are still hard for her. It's not the meditative yoga you might find elsewhere, but it's an amazing workout and then some!

5.0 out of 5 stars best dvd!, March 1, 2014
If you are looking to get into yoga this is the best dvd to start! It's not your typical super slow/boring yoga session...you really move in the dvd! I was traveling and needed something to work out to that didn't require weights. I didn't really do yoga before, because I prefer more high intensity training. Well, this dvd got me hooked to yoga, within days, i felt and saw changes in my body. I'm way more leaner and more flexible than I have ever been. I do yoga before I hit the gym, and it makes my workout so much better! so happy i found this dvd.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good workout, you just have to deal with Bethenny, October 14, 2013
I liked this yoga workout in theory, especially the aspect of being able to do 15, 30, and 45 increments. The workout is pretty good as well, challenging enough with interesting shifts from pose to pose. The problem is Bethenny, who I usually like on reality television, but don't when I'm trying to zone out and do some yoga. Her voice tears into your zen-like state with arbitrary comments that aren't very helpful but feel more like a constant reminder that THIS IS HER YOGA DVD, HER BRAND. And it's annoying. Also, the vocal instructions are sometimes unclear, so you're constantly looking at the screen when to figure out what you're supposed to be doing, which, in my opinion isn't a strong characteristic for a yoga DVD.
One positive? Cookie makes an appearance!
I'd suggest this DVD for people that really like Bethenny Frankel and find her acquired brand of charm endearing enough to put up with her endless yapping.

Bethenny's Skinnygirl Workout
Bethenny's Skinnygirl Workout by Bethenny Frankel (DVD - 2011)
$16.99 $8.70