Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BETHENNY'S SKINNYGIRL YOGA WORKOUTS
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 11, 2013
These DVD's are done as if the trainer is giving Bethenny and us a yoga lesson. Bethenny chimes in periodically to ask questions or make comments, but the instructors do the teaching. Both instructors are very easy to follow and both of them stress the importance of doing the poses correctly and breathing throughout.

Body By Bethenny is a great 40-minute workout taught by Kristin McGee. Bethenny's Skinny Girl Workout, with Mike McArdie, is done in three segments so you can (supposedly) choose the length that works for you. Since I hadn't done yoga in a while I chose the 15 minute segment. 30 minutes later I looked at the clock wondering why it hadn't ended. I guess I was supposed to be timing myself and just shut it off? But it doesn't seem like they would give time options if you still had to time yourself. The workout was great, but I was sore afterwards. Next time I will set an alarm so that I know when I can stop. This odd flaw would not stop me from buying the DVD's again.

I have some yoga experience and really liked these workouts. I felt like I learned something new and hearing that Bethenny was struggling to hold a pose made me feel better about my quivering legs.
on May 13, 2013
These DVDs have great workouts. It's nice that the workouts are broken down into modules so that you can choose what you want to do. For example, I skipped to section 2 on the Skinnygirl Workout yesterday because I was already warmed up from a bike ride and I added the additional stretching section to the end. Both of the yoga instructors are great and give good directions with modifications. I wanted to title this review "Great workout for cynical people," or something similar. If you're looking for chi and relaxation, this isn't for you. If you're looking for a workout, this is totally for you. If you get bored during yoga, this is a good set of DVDs because Bethenny cracks jokes and isn't afraid to comment on things hurting or wanting to take a break. I'd rented Skinnygirl Workout from the library and knew I wanted to buy it. I'm glad I got the set because I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Body by Bethenny.
on January 27, 2013
Excellent. I have never found a DVD workout that I could either stand the instructor or at the appropriate level for my fitness. (I have probably purchased 10+ DVDs in search of a do-able workout that still has an edge) I am not overweight and have been an avid runner for 10+ years. However, after having babies and throwing my back out lifting them...I had to address the fact that my body needs some strength, stretching and TLC. This workout set is just right. I felt like I had done something and Bethenny is entertaining to listen to over and over. Not too pushy...just is. I have tried Jillian's workout...As a working mom doing these DVDs at 4am...I don't need the "pump up" for motivation and it is hard on my body at that time in the morning. If you are looking for a hard workout that won't damage your already injured body. This is great...Even when I start running again...I will keep this DVD in rotation at least 2x week for strength and stretching! P.S. the kids love doing the moves right along with Bethenny on the weekends.
on September 10, 2014
I love that this comes with both DVDs. Bethenny makes the workouts enjoyable with her commentary and I like that you can tell some poses are hard for her, as well. I'm easily defeated with workout videos when I can't do some of the moves and the instructors are just cruising through as though it's as easy as breathing. I feel more confident and at ease with these DVDs. I'm a yoga beginner and about 20lbs overweight, so there are some moves that are more difficult for me, but I don't get discouraged as I usually do with other videos. I also enjoy that you can choose the length of your workout depending on the amount of time you have to complete the workout. That's an awesome feature! My one negative would be that the pace is a bit faster than I would like it, but not so fast that you can't enjoy it. This is a must for any beginner or anyone who wants to have an easy (but effective) workout.
on February 27, 2015
Fantastic workouts! I prefer yoga workout just because I love yoga. I used to do Jillian Michael's workouts and realized they made me extremely aggressive and I was not balanced out, because she IS aggressive. I don't need the military approach. What I want to say is that I am not a beginner but the yoga workout is challenging enough. It's also a lot of fun and the chatting is funny and doesn't bother me at all. I didn't try the other workout (with Kristin) but I have Kristin's Pilates DVD which is very good as well.
on April 24, 2014
I am a beginner and this workout is great. It's easy to follow along and the instructor explains each move. Bethenny works along side the instructor and shows a few versions of her moves. It is also challenging and I feel I get a good workout.
on January 19, 2014
This is one of the best yoga workouts I've ever done! It's easy to follow, provides a good challenge and is perfect for all levels. Bethenny doesn't take anything too seriously and she's the same with yoga, making this a fun yet challenging, fantastic yoga workout!
on December 14, 2013
These are very simple yoga exercises but also effective. The way they are broken up, you have plenty of different combinations you can do. I even do the short weights routine and booty blast after I do cardio.
on January 7, 2013
These are two great workouts that involve a great deal of yoga and toning. Working out with Bethenny is a stress-free, fun experience as if working out with a friend. Great purchase!
on May 12, 2015
I really enjoy doing both of these yoga routines. The Skinnygirl workout is 50 minutes long (broken up into 2 15 minute practices and one 20) and is the more difficult of the two workouts. The instructor is good. I've been doing yoga for a while now and he explained some things about positioning of the feet and not shrugging the shoulders that I had never heard before. There are a lot of balancing poses and even a bit of cardio in this practice. There is also a bonus 12 minute stretch which I did not try. Bethenny drives me nuts in the one. She chatters constantly and makes ridiculous comments. She didn't add anything of value to this workout at all. The Body by Bethenny workout is easier and shorter. There are more traditional yoga poses and the pace is more relaxed than in the Skinnygirl workout. This practice is 40 minutes long and there are also a couple of bonus workouts, a strength training workout for your arms (they use 5 pound weights) and a butt workout. I have not tried to butt workout, but the strength training workout is good. Bethenny is not as irritating in this one, but I really could have done without her in both of the workouts. I think a beginner could do the Body by Bethenny practice with relative ease, but the Skinnygirl workout, in my opinion, is better suited for someone who is more advanced.