4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute!
Published on November 17, 2011 by TanyaJane

3.0 out of 5 stars "Meh" should not describe a boot designed by Betsey!
Published on January 12, 2012 by bustamove

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute!, November 17, 2011
This review is from: Betsey Johnson Women's Rallly Boot (Shoes)
I ordered these boots on Amazon. They are really cute with the girly ruffles around the laces and on the top of the boot shaft. I do think they run a little small... or, maybe more accurate: they are the size you are ordering. Often, boots will have a little extra room for big socks but these are pretty tight on my feet. The calf circumference is a little wider than I expected, but I have scrawny calves so it might not fit others that way. Also, there is a strange crinkly fabric on the inside of the boot shaft. I am not sure how to feel about that yet. When I move my legs around it sounds like a bag of chips.

I still give them a good review because they are ADORABLE. Also, as far as the tightness is concerned, leather usually opens up a little with wear so that may not end up being much of an issue.

3.0 out of 5 stars "Meh" should not describe a boot designed by Betsey!, January 12, 2012
I was beyond excited for these things to arrive, already envisioning what outfits i could throw together that would spotlight the boots. And then the shipment arrived. The hot pink box they were nestled in was super cute. The boots themselves... not exactly. They weren't hideous or completely different from the product description but they lack something. For one thing, the leopard print lining is kinda cheap AND it crackles, as if there's a thick piece of butcher paper between the lining and the leather of the boot. I can get past that, I think. Good call on ordering a size up(I went for a 1/2 size up); walked around the house with these on for about an hour in thick socks and the chafing in my pinky toe was minimal to barely noticeable. Again, something I think I can get past. But.... I don't LOOOOOVE them. I ordered these in the distressed black which would be more aptly named 'Ash' or 'Charcoal'. Still, I can deal with this, and actually kind of expected it. I think it may be the leather? It doesn't look or feel very soft, rich or supple. This is one of those ideas for a boot that sounded superb in theory but may have been too tricky to perfectly execute. I plan on keeping them, since I desperately need boots, the ruffle accents are cute and unique and I think that over time, I'll grow to love them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love these but..., December 8, 2011
I usually wear a size 10 and these boots were so small I could hardly get my foot in it. Even if it had fit, the calves were very large, even with jeans. And I really, really wanted to keep these boots because they are one of the only styles out there with ruffles. But they had to go back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cut VERY small, November 30, 2011
Got these boots in today. Quality and look are everything I expected. Size, however was very small. I can fit into a 9 with all my other boots. A 9.5 usually gives me plenty of room for thick socks. These 9.5's are cut very short and narrow. I was cramped with even tights. It's a very cute boot but you must order a size larger than normal. The real downside is that I couldn't get the same "black friday" discount on a larger pair. VERY disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful!, October 11, 2014
The leather is a decent quality, however I would have liked it to be a bit thicker. The dye seems to be consistent and stable. I put mink oil on them right out of the box for water-proofing.

I wear a size 9, but after reading reviews, decided to go up one size to a 10. I put 3/4 length orthotics in, and they fit ok, but the sock is too long. I probably should have chosen a 9 1/2, BUT the wide calf shaft is barely wide enough (for comparison, I wear a 16W). It takes a bit of wiggling to zip completely up, but when they are on, the fit is perfect.

Comfort wise, they are just ok. The insole isn't what I would consider padded. I may install a memory foam insole if I can find one. The shaft does not rub, chafe or slouch. The heel doesn't slip, but remember the orthotic insoles.

And since you are reading my review, you already know how cute they are...the little ruffles stand up more and more with wear, kind of reminds me of a pair of White's. I like that about them. The laces are elasticized, and are not adjustable. You can't tie them any tighter, or loosen them up...unless of course you put your own laces.

One thing i am not crazy about is the soles. They are relatively smooth. I wish they had more traction 'for wet weather.

Overall- this is a good product and I recommend it. Go just a half size bigger for narrow feet, a whole size for wide or feet that swell.
Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Betsey Johnson, February 11, 2013
What a great online deal! At the mall, these boots were alot more expensive. Comfortable and stylish. I read the reviews before purchasing, you should order 1/2 size up to fit correctly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Betsey Johnson, I am disappointed, December 15, 2011
first of all, thank you ladies for suggesting these shoes are not true to size.
Typically my shoe size is 7.5 - but I ordered 8.5 and they fit me perfectly.
The idea is right but the shoes look very ordinary for $144.
Boots with ruffles - What a great idea! Unfortunately the ruffles are really small and thin and fold easily. so when the shoes arrived, the ruffles were crumpled and looked really cheap.
I don't hate the shoes - the gold button at the back is nice and the packaging was great.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... normally since so many reviews said that they ran pretty small. I don't really think that was necessary, October 26, 2014
I ordered a full size bigger than I would normally since so many reviews said that they ran pretty small. I don't really think that was necessary, maybe half a size larger would be ideal. I didn't find the lining of the boots to be too crinkly sounding as some others have mentioned. I found the shaft of the boot to be a little tight, but since they're leather I think they will give a bit and end up being perfect. I really like these, and for right around $100 there isn't much to complain about!

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing like pictured. If you buy these definitely go a ..., December 22, 2014
The color shown as a light pink is not at all, it's a true taupe, dark grey/brown..nothing like pictured. If you buy these definitely go a 1/2 size up...they really are very small and won't fit your normal shoe size. I was skeptical to listen to the other reviews about this, but they were right! Other than all that, they're a nice style and love the ruffles..unfortunately mine were returned because I hated that taupe color, yuck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dressy/casual boot, November 25, 2012
These boots are comfortable and fun to wear. Dress them up or keep it casual with jeans. They are a must have. Totally satisfied.

Betsey Johnson Women's Rallly Boot