Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 15, 2010
This is my first time using a flushable cat litter, so I my only basis of comparison is the non-flushable products. The Better Way product clumps together effectively but if you shake the clumps, like when scooping them with a litter strainer, they can start to come apart. I'm sure this is due to the fact that to be flushable it needs to break apart. When dumping into the toilet it is important to let it soak for a few minutes if there is a large amount. The odor of the sanel, the "natural cat attractant" is a bit disturbing at first for my cats since they've always used unscented litter. Inspite of this, one of my cats could not resist the smell as I poured the first bag into her box, so she jumped right in, dug around, and had a pee. I guess it really is a natural attractant. She is using it consistently and seems to prefer it over the clay stuff now.

One thing to be aware of is that this stuff is a bit finer than most clay litter. Because of this is seems to stay in their paws and get tracked around the house a bit more. This is the only reason I gave it four stars instead of five.

I am going to keep using this product and switch my one remaining box of clay stuff to Better Way.
on June 7, 2011
I was at first enamored of this product. It seems to control odor really well, although it doesn't clump as well as other litters I've used, so the litter never really seemed clean.

This product has one MAJOR design flaw, however, and that is the dust. I have to cover my face when I sift through the litter box, and there's a pretty noticeable film on everything within a few feet. You can see clouds of the stuff coming up as you're cleaning! (And I feel awful when I think of my cats breathing this stuff).

All in all, this litter has some great qualities (it's flushable, it attracts finicky litter box users, it controls odor), but not great enough to counter the dust problem, which is truly revolting.
on February 7, 2011
So far, I have not found better.
They do a great job making sure that the litter flows like sand.
Other ones I've tried are full of pebbles causing a mess and a lot of pain when you step on it.
This one has very few issues and our cat gravitates towards it.
on January 14, 2011
I've been buying this for a few months while we potty train our cat. She was fine adjusting to it, no problems. Great price on Amazon, cheaper that what I pay for normal litter in the city. The litter is very fine and gets everywhere (like sand) but it hasn't clogged the toilet. So I call it a win.
on May 14, 2013
Ugh! I thought this was a corn or wheat product as this came up while I was looking at my usual World's Best. This was cheaper, so I decided to give it a try. I was completely disappointed that this is CLAY and that I had somehow missed that detail when ordering. So the initial shock is my "bad," but everything else is on the misnomer, Better Way. I now have 3 or more months worth of the world's WORST cat litter!
Problems:
Incredibly dusty! SERIOUSLY dusty! I hold my breath when I sift and dump and I really feel bad about her being in there but I don't know what else to do, short of throwing it all away. Grrr.
Being mostly dust and tiny inhalants, it does not clump completely and immediately falls apart, returning clumps too tiny to sift back into the box. Clumping litter? I don't think so! I can't get all the urine out so now my baby has a nasty litter box even though I clean it 1 - 2 times a day.
Tracking is MAJOR! We're not talking teaspoons or tablespoons over a 24 hour period. We're talking 1/4 - 1/3 cup a day! The dustpan lives in the bathroom now.
I don't have odor problems with any litter because I sift daily, but I will have to completely change this box more frequently because so much of the litter and urine can't be scooped.
The ONE advantage is because it doesn't clump well, it immediately dissolves in water. I sift and dump, sweep up tracks, and it's ready to flush. As the World's Best actually clumped, I had to leave it and go back after a few minutes.
This is not the "Better Way." This is a "WALK AWAY."
on March 26, 2014
This is not the product I've been ordering for YEARS. I'm not sure it's flushable because the litter looks like Tidy-Cat and not the sand like granuals I'm used to. I might as well go get the toxic stuff from the grocery store.

This stuff also clogged my toilet 3 times. I had to stop scooping. I also have gone to 3 pet stores to check out the contents of their Better Way Scoopable Jugs. None of them had a sticker that said new and improved formula. The contents were exactly what I was used to. This is re-packaged cheap Kitty Litter, not the premium cat litter I'm used to. This vendor must be repackaging this stuff.
on June 13, 2010
Something about this litter... My cats get cranky if we don't have it. And so do I because it is one of the rare ones that is flushable; clean and no odor left around. Need to keep an eye out for the delivery deals though, it is pricey to ship. It had been available in my local stores but no longer is so I must order.
on May 10, 2014
The new and improved version is terrible. It is not the fine sand like litter that was with the previous version and i have never had so much dust with litter as the "improved" one and it tracks much worse off my cats feet. The original litter was a 5 star just wonderful and I have no idea who in their right mind thought this was improved but its not.
on June 6, 2014
For the record, I wouldn't have written this if you guys hadn't removed my discussion, so here it goes.

This *used* to be a good product. Fine and light, it flushed nicely and largely stayed confined to the litter box.

This new stuff? Terrible. The clumping properties are worthless since it's flushable cat litter. This new crap (pun intended) gets everywhere in the house since it tends to stick to fur (you know...since it sticks to wet stuff better). I've literally stepped on these kernels in every single room in our house.

Terrible idea and effort. You guys can do way better. I'm switching to friggin' playground sand until UltraPet can get it right again.
on March 13, 2014
I really wanted a flushable clumping scentless litter and the first 3 shipments of this product was just that. The litter itself was a little dusty, but it was completely odor free and had very fine grain. My kitty took to it quickly!

My most recent shipment featured an "improvement" to the litter but in reality, what I found was the following: it is no longer unscented, the grains are much larger, there is even more dust created than before - we're talking sandstorms here - and the clumping power makes it less flushable which means the plunger needs to come out every day just to make sure this stuff goes down. Even after giving it a little time to breakdown in the bowl, it doesn't disintegrate noticeably.

My kitty never complained with the old litter; now he meows about this new one and not in a good way. I don't know if he dislikes the scent or the larger grains, but I am tempted to transition to a different brand altogether unless they can change back to the old formula.

Sadly, it was a 4-star product that just became a 2-star product.
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse