5.0 out of 5 stars BEST 1st Cookbook!!!
Published 23 months ago by M. Stein

Published 11 months ago by Eileen

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST 1st Cookbook!!!, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Better Homes and Gardens New Junior Cook Book (Better Homes and Gardens Cooking) (Hardcover-spiral)
My 7 year old son is into cooking and this was our 4th children's cook book we have bought and by far THE BEST! It is unisex for both boys and girls. It explains the basics so well that I wish I had started with this cook book. The start of the book has information on cooking terms and meanings, kitchen safety, pictionary of tools, measuring, recipe reading and healthy cooking. Recipes are child oriented like "Football Meatloaf" and "Crazy Pet Muffins." The pages are bright and colorful. It is a MUST buy for a budding chef!

5.0 out of 5 stars BHG Junior Cookbook, September 12, 2012
Cute titles for each of the recipes, appealing to both boys and girls.
My grandsons are the chefs so the book is not too girly for them.
Ingredients are simple and easy to find.
The book also teaches basic cooking skills, utensils and cooking terms.
There are recipes for every meal and goodies, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Cookbook for Kids, November 24, 2012
This cookbook is vibrantly colorful. There are some themed pages. For instance, there are some recipes which can be used on Halloween and the colors suite the holiday. The characters throughout the book are in costume for the holidays as well. It is a really great start for kids to start cooking. We know cooking can be a chore but this book makes it super super fun. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars The Fat-Free Obsession in this Cookbook is Unhealthy & Outdated Nutrition, March 2, 2014
Eileen (Boone, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I love the cartoons and kidfriendly recipes, but the ridiculous stress on fat-free everything is sad to see. Fat doesn't make you fat, people. It's actually a necessary building block for every cell in our bodies. In order to make a product fatfree, chemical additives take the fat's place. Not a positive nutritional step for growing bodies. I wouldn't have bought the book, had I known this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 20, 2013
Bought this for my granddaughter who is learning how to cook. The recipes are easy and taste good when she is finished. The best part I like is that the recipes tell our "little chef" to clean up after herself when she is finished. So far, she has done a great job of cleaning up. With the exception of smelling and seeing what she has cooked, I can't even tell that she has been in the kitchen cooking. Kudos to Better Homes and Gardens for good recipes and for adding 'clean-up' to their recipes! They must know my granddaughter's penchant for leaving disasters behind herself. LOL!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, January 25, 2014
I was very disappointed with the simplistic and un-healthy recipes. My daughter is very humble, her favorite Xmas gift was pipe cleaners she makes into animals. Anyhow she read this whole cookbook in one sitting and said mom this book is too simple and the food looks gross, I read it myself and had to agree. She is not the type of kid that ever complains about a gift. I instead got her the "my A to Z" recipe box by Hilary Karmilowicz . She and I both love it! She has an apron set I purchased on Amazon and a kids safety knife and cooks like a pro. This BHG cook book is not worth spending a dollar on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as advertised, November 3, 2012
Tracy Miller (Towson, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
My granddaughter and I saw this book at a festival, and she was entranced. Now, we'll be eating dishes she makes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for kids, January 20, 2013
I gave this to my granddaughter for Christmas and she was using it immediately! She feels so important having her own cookbook! Hard back makes it durable and photos are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Junior cookbook was a good gift, January 13, 2013
The Junior Cookbook is very popular with the 5 and 6 year-olds for whom it was a gift. The recipes aren't too complicated and the children like it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kid friendly cooking, April 27, 2013
My son received this book as a gift for Christmas. His initial reaction was pure excitement!! There really isn't anything extraordinary about the recipes in this book but it is great for kids to look at and learn from. There are a few good recipes in the book and my son really enjoyed making them!

Better Homes and Gardens New Junior Cook Book (Better Homes and Gardens Cooking) by Better Homes and Gardens (Hardcover-spiral - July 27, 2012)
$16.99 $12.13