Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on December 19, 2012
This is one of the best recipe books I have come across. The information is very well presented and designed, the photographs are amazing and mouth-watering, every page you open has a photograph, which I find very helpful in recipe books. They categorize the cookies according to main ingredients, such as nuts, peppermint, chocolate or coconut. It contains a lot of very interesting and easy recipes that I haven't seen in other cookie books, recipes simple enough for the beginner baker, yet the end product looks like it was made by someone with more advanced skills. Very highly recommend this book, if it is the only cookie recipe book you have, it will be all that you will need.

Update: 12/28/2012- Tried the Double Chocolate Chip Cookies and Spice Brownies with Cream Cheese Swirl- amaZING! I wish I could eat this book
on December 22, 2014
Hate reviews where the the writer hasn't MADE anything from the cookbook...but in my case, I just HAVE to point out to future buyers that:
I just bought a copy elsewhere without really looking at the recipes. Now that I have it home and have looked through it, I have some negative opinions:

Too many recipes call for ingreds many of us don't buy or keep: shortening and butter flavored shortening, cookie mixes, etc.

I can see from other reviews here that plenty of people love the assortment of recipes in this book. Lots of gooey bars and peanut butter and chocolate cookies...(I saw at least one that uses boxed brownie mix) might be good for some. Cookies with store-bought caramels and other candies. I dunno. It just all hit me wrong. I wanted cookies that use things I have in my kitchen (or that I make...not so much pre-packed stuff) and not quite so much the condensed milk, store-bought pie crusts, candy, shortening types. I suspect that most of the recipes in this book could be found on bags and boxes of sweet products found in stores. Just sayin...for SOME of us, we can find books we like better for cookies.
on April 9, 2015
This is one of five cookie swap cookbooks I bought for a group of 15 "swappers." I bought this based on the reviews, and we were not only pleased, we were ALL thrilled. DO YOU KNOW THE ODDS OF THRILLING 15 WOMEN WITH THE SAME COOKBOOK?!?!?! (too many zeros) We had such a blast with the results for our Thanksgiving bake-a-thon and swap, that we all did it again not just for our own Christmas dinners, but for our churches and needlework/quilting clubs. Since then, most of us have baked from these books for charity fundraisers, taking to the local Fisher House and Veterans hospitals/homes, and other charity work.

Just guess what we're doing again this fall - yep: finding new recipes to try from these same five books!
VINE VOICEon December 1, 2013
I purchased 3 Christmas cookie books this year and this one is the BEST of the 3.

The directions are well outlined. Each cookie recipe has a high gloss picture of the finished product and the print si e is perfect for people with less than perfect vision .

I have tabbed at least 20 recipes that I'd love to try. You will love this book and none look too complicated either!
on February 16, 2013
This is a must buy for anyone who loves to bake cookie. There as so many recipes, that are divided by flavour catagory eg. peppermint, pumpkin, chocolate etc.
truly fantastic! hope they bring out a 2nd volume
on December 31, 2011
Most cookie books have the same old recipes with very little changs. This book offers many different and interesting cookie recipes you will want to try all through the year. Highly recommen.
on January 10, 2012
This is a great cookbook. I have lots of cookie cookbooks and this is one of the best. Lots of tasty recipes.
on December 24, 2014
I've been using this cookbook to make my Christmas cookies for the past 3 years. The recipes always turn out great! After 3 years of making at least 10 different types of cookies each year I still have not come close to trying all of the recipes I want to in this book. The book is very well organized by type of cookie which makes it easy to find what you are in the mood for making.
on March 28, 2014
I purchased this Better Homes and Gardens Very Merry Cookies cookbook for my 88 year old Grandfather for Christmas 2013. HE LOVES IT! He prides himself on making at least 12 different cookies every Christmas for his friends and family (it drives my Grandmother a little nuts) and this book has given him new inspiration for Christmas 2014.
on January 5, 2014
I love to bake, but am no expert by any means. But this cookbook makes me look like one. Directions are simple, easy to follow, and the end products are delicious! I made about a dozen different goodies and they were all a hit. All in all, I found most of the recipes were quick and easy.