5.0 out of 5 stars Took a little tweaking

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all
Published 24 months ago by F. Y. Eren

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Better Homes and Gardens Magazine (App)
I purchased this app. It comes with 1 month free trial and January 2013 issue is already out. I would get January 2013 issue for my free trial. While waiting to receive my 1 month free issue, I tried to subscribe. The app would not let me. Then I purchased December issue to get some ideas for Christmas. That downloaded well. But I never received my free issue. So I ended up trying this app by paying 1.99! I wrote Amazon, (it is not their fault really), and they suggested I contact BHG which I did. BHG never answered my mails. The magazine itself is a puzzle, with so many links, even to their website! It is hard to read. I ended up deleting the app and ending my subscription. Better get the printed copy. Not worth bothering!

5.0 out of 5 stars Took a little tweaking, December 12, 2011
This review is from: Better Homes and Gardens Magazine (App)
At first I was very frustrated with this app because I am already a subscriber but I couldn't access my account when I downloaded the app. I wrote customer service and they explained that when you download the app you have to first tap FIRST time login then put in your account number, first and last name and email, preferrably the email you may have already used to register with BHG website in the past. At that point the app will recognize you and ask you to sign in and you can then use the email and password you may have been using in the past to get into BHG website. So don't try and just sign in using a email and password you use for the actual website, Click first time user so they can marry up your account number to your email.

The app is gorgeous once you get access to your digital copies!! I'm glad I went the extra mile to make this app work

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the magazine Hate the ap, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Better Homes and Gardens Magazine (App)
I love that it saves all the issues I purchased but I can't get it to open most of the time

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Magazine!!!, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Better Homes and Gardens Magazine (App)
I have always enjoyed Better Homes and Gardens, but lately there are sooo many ads it is distracting!! I always get it because they have lowered the price to a small amount.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusable, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Better Homes and Gardens Magazine (App)
To get assistance, I have to have an account with bhg.com, but when I entered my account info, it says I don't have a subscription- well, I know that because I bought the free trial--> subscription option. Now I can't open anything. No subscription number was provided when I purchased the trial, so I have no reference for it. I have a subscription to Family Circle, but of course that doesn't work even though they're owned by the same company. Lame. Amazon's assistance wasn't useful at all. They're the ones who sent me to Better Homes and Gardens, and on Better Homes and Garden's website, there is no contact information for the kindle trial/digital-only subscription. It's totally worthless.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great digital magazine, January 5, 2012
Karen Conrad (Peyton, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Better Homes and Gardens Magazine (App)
At first I could not get this app to work. I had contacted BHG and they sent me an email that helped me fix every thing. I love this digital mag. It is so fun to use. I especially love the paint color of the month section. I can change the colors of the room to see how it effect the mood of the room. I also love the icons I can tap on to get more information, watch a video, or go to the web site. The pictures look wonderful on my Kindle Fire. I am a subscriber to the print magazine, but I look forward to the digital magazine every month even more than the print one. It is very well designed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work for me, November 17, 2011
This review is from: Better Homes and Gardens Magazine (App)
I'm a longtime subscriber to Better Homes and Gardens. I was looking forward to reading my issues of BNG on my new Kindle Fire. The applet does install okay, but when setting up my online account, I ran into technical problems. The website lets me sign in with the password, but delivers an error when I try to change my password so I can use it with Fire. After I try to change the password, unsuccessfully it says:

"there has been an error processing your request we apologize for the inconvenience, please try again later."

Attempts to contact customer service at the email specified deliver a permanent error.

I was frustrated by this as without a genuine password, the app won't work correctly and this seems to be a problem with BNG.

1.0 out of 5 stars Better homes and gardens app, January 20, 2013
This review is from: Better Homes and Gardens Magazine (App)
They've lost my business for good. The app just stopped working while in the middle of reading the magazine on my kindle fire no error message so I have no idea how to fix it. If you can tolerate all the ads they integrate into their website, the magazine, and now the digital subscription it's a great magazine. Why do they have to make the app so difficult to use and frustrating! Such a hassle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just like the magazine, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Better Homes and Gardens Magazine (App)
Beautiful pictures and great ease of the magazine. Love it! Was worried about how it would look on a ereader especially. my new Kindle Fire but it looks awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars GH&G is the hands down, best Kindle Fire magazine, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Better Homes and Gardens Magazine (App)
I am SO impressed with the Better Homes and Gardens technical writers that created the Kindle Fire edition of the magazine. For me, it is the best I have used, so far, on my Kindle Fire. It is organized for the reader who uses the information. They did not short cut the glam just to give readers something. They obviously wanted to wow their readers. Tap, to read the story, Tap a different area on the story to view the recipe by itself. Scroll through recipes, then tap to get back to the stories. The print is large enough for my old eyes. I think it is utilizing the way I set my Kindle Fire for easy reading. Not all magazines make use of the print size setup. It has audio and video demonstrations integrated into issue. Not all stories of course, but some, which is enough. The colors are bright and the lay out is beautiful. It is the most useful magazine I have ever seen on my Kindle Fire. And since I have several magazines on my Kindle Fire, of differing genres, I have experienced several types of layouts.

Having said that..I did have a problem with the app for BH&G. The solution for the app problem was to uninstall it, then reinstall. It worked the second time. However, somewhere in the download, it was painfully slow loading the magazine. I have high speed DSL that downloads at 6 kbps. The slow problem must be at BH&G servers. Maybe their servers are just very busy since the Kindle Fire came out.

Better Homes and Gardens Magazine