Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Better Houseware Magnetic Hook Rack, Stainless
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Silver|Change

on May 10, 2007
This set of magnetic hooks will not work on textured metal surfaces. I bought it to use on my Fridge (with a textured surface) and with any weight at all it just slides to the floor. I bought a set of individual "rare earth" magnet hooks that are 1/4 the size of the magnets on this thing and each of them will hold four-times the weight (for less than 1/3 the money for 8 hooks). If you are looking to mount this on a smooth surface it MIGHT work, but I wouldn't take the chance if I were you.
11 comment|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2010
I ignored the reviewers that said this slid down the side of their textured fridges and bought it anyway. Unfortunately it does slowly slide down the side of our slightly textured fridge. The magnets just aren't strong enough. I ended up putting a second (stronger) refrigerator magnet right under each of the magnets on this rack. The extra magnets keep the rack from sliding down.
11 comment|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2015
Magnets slide when you put utensils on. Pointless...that's what they're supposed to be for.
on November 19, 2014
I just received this and so far I am delighted! I have metal cabinets throughout my kitchen and this allows me to hang things almost wherever I feel like it. The quality is good and the product attractive. The magnets are strong enough to do the job. Of course my cabinets are pretty heavy weight steel so I'm sure that affects how strongly these hold. BUT the best part is that the magnets pivot so that unlike with many other magnetic hangers I can even attach the rack to the underside of a steel shelf!! One could even attach one end to a metal wall and the other to the underside of a shelf if the alignment suits.

I wish this rack was available in more sizes ... like a shorter 4 hook version and a longer 7 hook version. Also, I'd put plastic caps (or little metals balls like the hooks have) on the two prongs that keeps the rack a little be off the wall as I'm worried that those prongs could scratch the finish of what they are touching..

I am definitely buying more of these!
on November 15, 2014
This is a nice looking little utensil rack. Unfortunately unless you have lightweight utensils it will slowly slip down your refrigerator or whatever you have it attached to as you can see in the photo. My silicon utensils are apparently just too heavy; nylon utensils might work.
on March 19, 2010
Ordered before I read reviews on magnets not working very well on textured surfaces - resigned myself to giving this away since it probably was going to slide down the fridge when fully loaded - but it didn't! Although it may not hold a lot of heavier items, it's working perfectly well for my purposes (several metal utensils and pot holders).
on April 4, 2008
Very attractive, and strong enough to hold utensils and potholders without sliding. The hooks are shaped correctly so that the utensils hang flat against the wall. Fits perfectly on the side of my microwave. Recommended!
on May 20, 2007
I bought my first Magnetic Utensil Hook when I moved in with my daughter. Her refrigerator was next to the stove and when I saw the magnetic utensil holder at a local store, I bought it. I wasn't sure that the magnet would be strong enough to hold a bunch of utensils but it does and I have two utensils on each hook. I also bought one for my son-in-law for his BBQ and he loves it.
on February 7, 2007
This item was also ordered to get some utensils and pot holders out of much needed drawer space. Works well affixed to the side of my refrigerator. Very strong magnetic hold works well.
on February 24, 2011
I bought these hooks to use on my stainless steel grill to hold my utensils while I'm grilling, and it works perfectly. The magnets are nice and strong so they have no problem holding onto my heavy metal tongs, spatula, and other accessories. The stainless steel finish is also holding up to being outside in the Florida weather, no rust or discoloration.