5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY self-help author you will ever need !
Published on May 3, 2000 by iloveprovence

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Live Up to My Expectations
I was looking forward to reading this book, based on all the good reviews about it and also about author Og Mandino. What a disappointment!

As another reviewer has mentioned here, Mandino on one hand states that he doesn't want to brag about his own accomplishments, awards etc...but that certainly wasn't the case in this book. He went into a LOT of detail,...
Published 5 months ago by Geraldine

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY self-help author you will ever need !, May 3, 2000
This review is from: A Better Way to Live (Hardcover)
I just looked up Og Mandino on Amazon and was amazed at the number of books he has written. I intend to start reading some of his other titles. Mr. Mandino guides the reader into following some very simple strategies to improving your life and positively affecting the lives of the people you come in contact with--if only briefly. One of his most important rules to live by includes the belief that children need models not critics. Another, remember to keep a sense of humor about yourself and your mistakes. If we laugh at our mistakes, first, others will laugh with us not at us. And that can be a lot of fun! A simple, direct method for living a fulfilled life!

5.0 out of 5 stars 17 Rules for a better way to live, January 23, 2002
This review is from: A Better Way to Live (Hardcover)
Illustrative with many of his inspiring and life changing stories, Og Mandino tells us in this book, that "we have forgotten one of the basic facts of life. When we were given dominion over this world, we were also given dominion over ourselves. We are our own navigators. It was never God's intention to chart a map for each of us." "Life is a game" he also says, "it's spiritual, mysterious and precious." But in order to play the game you have to know the rules.
Seventeen rules (to be exact) to live by in order to lead a better way to live.
This book can easily be read in one afternoon. As you start the book you will be invited by the author to sit down and relax in his company as he takes on the role of a racconteur, as only Og Mandino does best.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTABULUS (I made that up just for this book), June 25, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: A Better Way to Live: Og Mandino's Own Personal Story of Success Featuring 17 Rules to Live By (Mass Market Paperback)
The most inspiring, nonreligious book on the face of the earth, a book that all who taste will savor for a lifetime. I laughed and cried in the same paragraph all the way through......great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rules To Live By... 1 By 1, Day By Day, September 25, 2001
Heather L. Brown (Cahokia, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This is yet another great book by Mandino. I enjoyed this book because it stated "each rule to live by for a better way to live" and was expressed in a way that could be easily understood. I copied these "17 Rules To Live By" and I keep them easily accesible- as I refer to them often. I highly recommend this book to anyone who needs someone "to grab their hand and walk with them through life on a daily basis". I have read several books by Og Mandino and have come to the following conclusion... there is no one else in the world better to walk with me in my journeys through life; than my great friend, Og.

5.0 out of 5 stars Path to Genuine Success, July 22, 2006
I have read everyone of Og Mandinos Books and all I can say is that he writes with brilliance, clarity, enthusiasm, and spirit. You can never go wrong with any of his books. He points out the path to success and motivates the spirit within to achieve all that we as human beings are capable. He helped me to tap into my innate genuis and create a life of prosperity and creativity. If you havent raed his books, start now and your journey of the spirit will begin. He was a born writer and even after his passing continues to have a great influence on many people old and young. He truly lived a purposeful and divine life. Go buy all his books and enjoy the growth and enlightenment. After that Buy my Book " Your daily Walk with the Great Minds of the Past and Present". Enjoy and rememeber you are capable of great things in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't help but receive a blessing!!, December 30, 1997
When Og Mandino writes a book it is a "10" everytime. A Better Way To Live, motivated, blessed and inspired my entire staff. I actually see daily smiling faces and gentle reminders of the "Rules for a Better Life"!!! It is a must read for every business person.

5.0 out of 5 stars A roadmap to change your life!, August 16, 2000
Like other of Og's books, this book is a roadmap you can use to change your life. This book, and his other books, have helped me to lift up my life, and turn it around in a positive direction. I heartily recommend it to you!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book I've Ever Read, July 13, 1997
By A Customer
What can I say about this book? I read The Choice first, which is why this caught my eye. Since then I have written my own book on dealing with life in a more positive manner, for myself and not yet anyone else, and recommended this book to everyone I know. To me, the book was a common sense thing, it was what I was already thinking...I think I just needed to find out I wasn't the only one who thought that way, before it could actually. A Better Way To Live turned my life around and I am for indebted to Mr.Mandino for saving me

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful rules to live by - and not just for salesmen!, July 15, 1997
By A Customer
Using an invitation into his study, Mr. Mandino answers who he is, not just what he writes about. When you begin your literary "Og" journey with books such as THE GREATEST SALESMAN and THE GREATEST SECRET, it's easy to think that only sales professionals will glean the most from a Mandino book. Not so, this one! A BETTER WAY TO LIVE is exactly that - a better way to live. Here Mr. Mandino is generous enough to provide 17 Rules to Live By. Not only are they terrific suggestions, they make wonderful marquee screen savers! Thanks, Og. You brought me out of a depression

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read if you're thinking of positive change!, July 30, 1997
By A Customer
I began reading with some skepticism...after all, what could Og Mandino have possibly written that was fresh and new? Well, I was pleasantly surprised...this was not trite or overdone. It was, as others have already mentioned, basic common sense. However, these are things EVERYBODY can do TODAY to start having a better life

$7.99 $6.82