Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Better Way to Live: Og Mandino's Own Personal Story of Success Featuring 17 Rules to Live By
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on May 3, 2000
I just looked up Og Mandino on Amazon and was amazed at the number of books he has written. I intend to start reading some of his other titles. Mr. Mandino guides the reader into following some very simple strategies to improving your life and positively affecting the lives of the people you come in contact with--if only briefly. One of his most important rules to live by includes the belief that children need models not critics. Another, remember to keep a sense of humor about yourself and your mistakes. If we laugh at our mistakes, first, others will laugh with us not at us. And that can be a lot of fun! A simple, direct method for living a fulfilled life!
on January 23, 2002
Illustrative with many of his inspiring and life changing stories, Og Mandino tells us in this book, that "we have forgotten one of the basic facts of life. When we were given dominion over this world, we were also given dominion over ourselves. We are our own navigators. It was never God's intention to chart a map for each of us." "Life is a game" he also says, "it's spiritual, mysterious and precious." But in order to play the game you have to know the rules.
Seventeen rules (to be exact) to live by in order to lead a better way to live.
This book can easily be read in one afternoon. As you start the book you will be invited by the author to sit down and relax in his company as he takes on the role of a racconteur, as only Og Mandino does best.
on June 25, 1998
The most inspiring, nonreligious book on the face of the earth, a book that all who taste will savor for a lifetime. I laughed and cried in the same paragraph all the way through......great!
on September 25, 2001
This is yet another great book by Mandino. I enjoyed this book because it stated "each rule to live by for a better way to live" and was expressed in a way that could be easily understood. I copied these "17 Rules To Live By" and I keep them easily accesible- as I refer to them often. I highly recommend this book to anyone who needs someone "to grab their hand and walk with them through life on a daily basis". I have read several books by Og Mandino and have come to the following conclusion... there is no one else in the world better to walk with me in my journeys through life; than my great friend, Og.
on August 16, 2000
Like other of Og's books, this book is a roadmap you can use to change your life. This book, and his other books, have helped me to lift up my life, and turn it around in a positive direction. I heartily recommend it to you!
on August 6, 2015
 "How do you get the most benefit from all seventeen Rules to Live By? Easy. Just remember that all of us have a pretty large collection of bad habits that weaken our chance to succeed in life. Each of the rules you will learn will help you to get rid of a bad habit by replacing it with a good one. That's your key to a better life...

The plan is simple, but it's all up to you. Persist, give it a fair chance, and soon you will discover that many of your old bad habits that have been holding you back are gradually being replaced by good habits, life-changing habits. What to do then? Share what you have learned, just as I have shared myself, and my life, with you.

Only then will you realize what success and a better way to live truly means."

~ Og Mandino from A Better Way to Live

Og Mandino was the most popular inspirational writer of his era (essentially the 70s and 80s). At the time he published this book, his 14 books had sold 25 million copies in 18 languages.

But Og wasn't always Mr. Inspiring.

In fact, at one point he was a 35 year-old drunk derelict contemplating using his last 20 bucks to buy a gun to kill himself.

In this book, he shares his personal story of redemption and the 17 rules he followed to create a better way to live.

He's an AMAZING writer--kinda reminds me of Paulo Coelho in his simple, unpretentious yet captivating style--and this little book brought me to inspired tears several times. It's packed with wisdom.

I'm excited to share some of my favorite Big Ideas:

The 17 Rules - To live by.
Air-Castles - Need foundations.
Count Your Blessings - Is rule #1.
Going the Extra Mile - Is rule #2.
Dead at Midnight - How would you live?

Here's to embracing the exhilarating hero's journey that is our lives as we embrace a better way to live!

To find 250+ more reviews visit http://bit.ly/BrianReviews
on July 13, 1997
What can I say about this book? I read The Choice first, which is why this caught my eye. Since then I have written my own book on dealing with life in a more positive manner, for myself and not yet anyone else, and recommended this book to everyone I know. To me, the book was a common sense thing, it was what I was already thinking...I think I just needed to find out I wasn't the only one who thought that way, before it could actually. A Better Way To Live turned my life around and I am for indebted to Mr.Mandino for saving me
on July 22, 2006
I have read everyone of Og Mandinos Books and all I can say is that he writes with brilliance, clarity, enthusiasm, and spirit. You can never go wrong with any of his books. He points out the path to success and motivates the spirit within to achieve all that we as human beings are capable. He helped me to tap into my innate genuis and create a life of prosperity and creativity. If you havent raed his books, start now and your journey of the spirit will begin. He was a born writer and even after his passing continues to have a great influence on many people old and young. He truly lived a purposeful and divine life. Go buy all his books and enjoy the growth and enlightenment. After that Buy my Book " Your daily Walk with the Great Minds of the Past and Present". Enjoy and rememeber you are capable of great things in your life.
on July 30, 1997
I began reading with some skepticism...after all, what could Og Mandino have possibly written that was fresh and new? Well, I was pleasantly surprised...this was not trite or overdone. It was, as others have already mentioned, basic common sense. However, these are things EVERYBODY can do TODAY to start having a better life
on July 15, 1997
Using an invitation into his study, Mr. Mandino answers who he is, not just what he writes about. When you begin your literary "Og" journey with books such as THE GREATEST SALESMAN and THE GREATEST SECRET, it's easy to think that only sales professionals will glean the most from a Mandino book. Not so, this one! A BETTER WAY TO LIVE is exactly that - a better way to live. Here Mr. Mandino is generous enough to provide 17 Rules to Live By. Not only are they terrific suggestions, they make wonderful marquee screen savers! Thanks, Og. You brought me out of a depression