Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 14, 2010
Thank goodness for crock pots and slow cookers because not only are they wonderful time savers, they also create savory and delicious one dish meals that can make use of cheaper cuts of meats and other less expensive ingredients. When you combine an expert like Betty Crocker with recipe ideas for using your slow cooker or casserole dish, the result is this wonderful "Big Book Of...".

We like the wide variety of recipes indicated so there is something for every taste, from couscous stuffed peppers to beef taco rice skillet and raspberry bread pudding. Full page color photographs will have your mouth watering and most of the recipes include a nifty secondary feature such as suggestions to save more time or how to vary the recipe the next time you make it!

One of our most cherished cookbooks is the original red cover Betty Crocker hardback from the 1950s -- we're delighted that Betty Crocker's latest paperback entry for slow cooker and casserole dishes is keeping pace with changing food trends and needs of the home cook. Once again BC saves the day for many a weary working mom or dad!
on January 30, 2012
By the title of the book, one would assume that the manual is full of slow cooker recipes. However there really are more oven baked casserole type recipes. If you are looking for a slow cooker only recipe book this one is not it.

The recipes contained have very easy to find and everyday type ingredients. You may be able to cook them with what you already have on your shelf and in your freezer at home. As always Betty Crocker gives you several hearty and heart warming dishes.
on January 30, 2014
This is not just a basics slow-cookery book, although those are covered in the introductory pages. Each recipe has a "prep" section listing its ingredients, a nutritional analysis per serving, time to prep & cook, easy to follow instructions, and a drool-worthy picture. There are no brand label ingredients, but some recipes call for common pantry items such as frozen veggies, canned broth, salsa, etc.
A number of yummy recipes forgo the slow cooker because it's better to bake food like potatoes or squash in the oven, and some of the desserts are better suited for the oven for the same reason. I believe B.C. included those recipes to augment the slow cooker ones and present a well-rounded approach.
I would read through the prep sidebar and tailor my shopping list for the next week or so to avoid missing a key ingredient. Maybe buy an extra for the next time I want to make that recipe!
Every B.C. cookbook I've owned in the past 37 years (plus my Mom's from 1955) have been the best value and the most heavily used cookbooks in my extensive collection.
Also, the front and back covers have deep flaps to help keep the book open to the right page. Nice feature!
on July 3, 2011
I own 100's of cookbooks. It's been a long time since I bought one that I enjoyed as much as this.
Have made many of the recipes and they've all been winners!
on January 26, 2011
This book makes me hungry just looking through it. It has great pictures on many pages, I found it very easy to use and the recipes are very good. I have bought several slow cooker books and love them all. A great time saver for homemade meals and usually have lunch leftovers. Worth the money spent a good investment for my kitchen.
on January 23, 2011
A real winner. The roast recipe with carmelized onions has replaced all others for my husband. He requests it regularly. Just put the ingredients in and turn on the crock pot and wait for the compliments!! So far all the recipes I have tried are very tasty, easily prepared from ingredients on hand and real time savers. This one stays close at hand in the kitchen.
VINE VOICEon July 30, 2011
This would be a great addition to any chef's cookbook collection, but especially for new cooks. The recipes are very straight-forward and don't contain weird or questionable ingredients that family or guests might balk at. I was most impressed by the fact that so many of them contain a short list of common ingredients, making them easy to throw together out of a fairly well stocked pantry and providing lots of options and variety for people short on time and money. You'll find both comfort food and company meals in here, and it will be well worth your time!
on November 25, 2015
I just received my betty crocker paper back slower cooker recipe book on 11/25/15 what I like about betty crocker cookbooks is the best recipes you can find in the book mouthwatering recipes that you can make st home very simple recipes that you can try plus you get all the details and pictures of the recipe . Whats more can you get from a betty crocker slow cooker cookbook lots of different types of recipes you can make at home I don't have time to cook a meal after im done working a full day thats why I have my friend the crock pot I'll be making a prime rib in my crock pot for the football game tomorrow . I just want to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving !
on February 13, 2016
Betty Crocker The Big Book of Slow Cooker, Casseroles & More (Betty Crocker Big Book) Paperback
This is a Betty Crocker quality book with great illustrations and quality printing and materials
I have been very impressed with the items I have cooked out of this book
I was provided this product by the publisher or distributor to honestly evaluate
I highly recommend this product
on August 7, 2014
the big book of slow cooker, casseroles & more doesn't have many slow cooker recipes as the More Slow Cooker Recipes (All-New Recipes Easier than Ever). I don't recommend it if you are looking for slow cooker recipes.