Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on October 16, 2012
Don't be misled by the title, this isn't your traditional Cookbook. While it does have some unique ideas on how to decorate items for Halloween, you're required to buy specific Pillsbury pre-made Doughs, Box Cake Mixes, Bisquick, frostings, etc. Some recipes can get very pricey and you'll find your grocery list gets very long with the additional items on it.

I just bought this book. I reviewed it, page by page, and counted 40 Treat "recipes" that use pre-made dough or cake mixes. There are only ten treat recipes for items made from scratch, but they do use pre-made frostings, candies, etc. The remaining recipes use store-bought cookies, ice cream, and cakes. The drink and food recipes also call for store bought ingredients. For instance, the "Spiderweb Pot Pies" first two ingredients are Pillsbury Crescent refrigerated dough sheet and a 2 pound rotisserie chicken. If you need a recipe for Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, this book has it. You simply cut the sandwiches out like coffins and put "RIP" on the top with jelly.

I would really call this an "Idea Book." The photos are colorful, instructions are clear and easy to follow. I will keep my book because I do collect books with party ideas and these can be used for other holidays.
on September 10, 2012
Betty Crocker cookbooks have been around since 1930, and this is the first ever all-Halloween edition. Featuring almost 100 recipes (each with an accompanying photo), the book is filled with silly spirit and the many quick cook short-cuts Betty fans have come to expect. It will definitely appeal more to parents with younger kids as many of the "recipes" involve drawing faces on food or shaping food to resemble witches and insects. These are not the overzealous and intricate Martha Stewart-type Halloween recipes that would appeal to the more sophisticated haunted holiday entertainer, but I can see using a handful of these recipes as a springboard for more adult fare. The Smores Shake Shot could be made with Godiva Chocolate Liquor instead of melted chocolate ice cream. The Spider Bites gelatin squares made with black vodka would be a clever jello-shot. And adding Midori to the Lemon-Slime Punch and serving it in test tubes would be great for a mad scientist theme. Beyond the liquor additions, I also liked some of the ideas for decorating cupcakes (tombstones! chocolate bats!), and the ubiquitous Pumpkin Cake. Overall, this book was not my cup of tea, but it's nicely produced in full color with good photography throughout.
on September 4, 2013
My wife and grandchildren have thoroughly enjoyed this book. It arrived promptly and was in excellent condition. We were pleased to have found it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 11, 2012
A full Halloween feast could easily be made with the ideas in this Halloween Cookbook, since it covers drinks, appetizers, main dishes and tons of treats. The suggestions in it will work whether you are having a party for kids or grown ups. I appreciated that each recipe has a full page photo of the final product, it helps me to know how it is supposed to look when I'm making it. I was pleasantly surprised that it had almost 100 recipes, it's sure becoming a more and more popular holiday and the selection in it is quite broad. In addition to the spooky fun recipes, it also has tips for setting up a Halloween buffet and suggestions of what to make from leftover Halloween candy,

It was hard for us to choose what we wanted to make first, since all of the ideas are something I know my kids and family would love. We've made the Pumpkin Spice Spread, which is cream cheese and pumpkin mixed with sugar and spices, and we really loved the "Fall" taste of that, especially using graham crackers and apples to dip with. We are looking forward to making the Spooky Shepherd's Pie for Halloween night, with the cute mashed potato ghosts sitting on top. The Spiderweb Pot Pies are a possible alternative for dinner that night, too. We are also gathering candy and supplies to make the Mini Haunted Houses, which I thought was a fun take on the Christmas gingerbread house. Halloween Cookbook is just filled with awesome ideas for any Halloween party or just to give your kids a special holiday treat.
on April 21, 2013
The appeal to our grandchild makes this book a valued addition to our collection.The receipes are simple but fun with plenty of room to express yourself
on October 24, 2013
I have an annual Halloween Party and this book has great recipes for adults and for my grandchildren. I can't wait to start cooking!
on August 22, 2013
I love Betty Crocker words and this one doesn't disappoint! Great book for providing all kinds of ideas for Halloween!
on May 30, 2013
Super cute with tons of excellent pictures. I was pleased to see so many creative ideas and we enjoyed the recipes.
on April 23, 2014
My kid loves this book. The pictures and design of the foods makes it very appealing for kids. Love it!
on February 22, 2016
Love this book. So great for kids. Everything is easy to make and tasty!