From the Back Cover
Your Guide to Easy and Delicious Everyday Cooking!
Do you yearn to cook something simple yet tasty for dinner, but aren't quiet sure how? Then Betty Crocker has the book for you!
We created COOKING BASICS because we heard from so many of you that you'd like extra help and guidance in the kitchen—whether you're a new cook or have some experience but would like to cook with greater confidence.
We began by asking new cooks what they'd like to know about cooking basics. You told us to include:
- The 100 recipes you must want to cook
- How-to photographs that show preparation techniques for each recipe
- Cook time with every recipe
- A complete Thanksgiving Dinner—you can do the whole thing yourself, or take a home-cooked dish to a friend's house or family gathering
- A do-ahead dinner that's perfect for stress-free casual entertaining
- All the equipment you need to set up a kitchen, including helpful photographs
- Photographs showing most basic cooking techniques
- Nutrition with every recipe
- Cooking ingredients and menu terns
- The scoop on herbs, spices, food storage—everything you need to feel at home in the kitchen