Published on February 25, 2010 by Game To Please

2.0 out of 5 stars An airplane themed joke book.
As a longtime fan of urban legend (and apocryphal friend of a friend tale) research, I had come across most of these stories before.

Published on January 21, 2011 by A. Domanska

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't read this book unless you are in a place you can laugh outloud!, February 25, 2010
Game To Please "G" (Stone Mountain, GA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Betty In the Sky With a Suitcase: Hilarious Stories of Air Travel by the World's Favorite Flight Attendant (Paperback)
I have listened to most of the Betty in the Sky with a Suitcase blogs, so we bought the book. The first day we got it from Amazon my 14 year old son took it to school and came home and told me the parts that made him laugh in class. (It was in a reading class, though the teacher told him to keep it down.) He was laughing so hard he could hardly tell me. He acted out three of the stories and had me laughing uncontrollably on the couch. I finally got to read it myself and I couldn't put it down. Most of the people at work stopped to see was making me laugh. I will keep it in my desk at work and pull it out any time I need to put a smile on my face! Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars I was laughing out loud!, February 22, 2010
Robert Nelson (Pine Mountain Club, CA) - See all my reviews
I started reading this book in my office and before I knew it my co-workers were asking what on earth I was doing. I couldn't help myself...I was laughing out loud and started reading some of the stories to my friends. What started off as a quiet day turned into a laugh fest. Two of my co-workers immediately ordered the book online. I have had so much fun reading this! Thank you Betty for making us laugh...it's the best medicine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, entertaining book, February 24, 2010
I travel a lot so I decided to buy this book to keep me entertained on a long flight. And it did exactly that. It's very funny! The author has a terrific sense of humor, and a clever way of telling her stories. You'll be amazed at the crazy things people do when they fly. Definitely a fun read.

2.0 out of 5 stars An airplane themed joke book., January 21, 2011

If you have not been reading this sort of humour you may be able to take these jokes at face value. I got a bad taste in my mouth after the third purported "story from a pilot" that I had read in joke books or on the internet in the mid 1990s. Personally I feel a bit misled as from the title and description I had expected mostly personal accounts and anecdotes.

You will enjoy this book and it is good for a laugh if you're not over familiar with this sort of comedy material. The reviewer who's teenage son enjoyed it is spot on, I recommend this book to this age range. If you're heading on a long plane journey and need something light, this is safe if you're afraid of flying as there is no mention of plane crashes or malfunctions.

The book is not bad per se, I think it should be more accurately described.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny!, December 24, 2012
In my days I had always wanted to be a flight attendant but didn't follow my dreams. This book brings a whole new light on the career. It not all seriousness, it's fun too! I laugh at every story! A good read!

5.0 out of 5 stars My absolute favourite !, September 15, 2012
Betty is amazing, no matter your mood, her authentic character and fantastic wit will have you laughing in no time. A true born-storyteller, she has a gift for finding the delightful side of life with her light-hearted tales. I don't know how anyone could read or listen to Betty without feeling a little more positive about the world we live in. She is truly a gift and I am so pleased to have stumbled upon her work. Also, great gift idea for nearly anyone at Christmas, a fun, light, cheerful read.. I'm picking up 5 more copies today to give away, although I'm not waiting for Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Book Evveryone Should Read for a good Chuckle, September 12, 2012
Have you ever wanted to slide down the aisle of the plane on a dinner tray or want to know what happens when you race toilet paper rolls on take off. Ever wonder why there are footprints on the toilet seat? These and many other questions are answered by Betty sharing her experiences flying all over the world the past few decades.

As a moderate traveler I needed a break from the technical reading I fill most of my time reading. Betty in the Sky is a great escape from the seriousness of my day to day life. Even if you don't travel this is a good, cheap read you should download and spend the afternoon reading. I laiughed my head off on several flights reading the book and sharing the stories with flight attendants. It will make you feel more like a mile high champion knowing what really goes on when you are not looking during your flight or waiting in the terminal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't get off the ground, July 11, 2012
"Hilarious" in the subtitle is overstating things, considerably. Some of the tales elicited a chuckle or two and some of the trivia were "huh! cool!" But some of the "true tales" felt a bit like urban legends passed on dutifully from "real travelers" and on the whole I was glad when this flight was over and a bit sorry about the ticket price.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm so glad I did NOT buy this book, December 17, 2013
I used the preview feature (thank you so much, Amazon!) to see if this was something I would like to buy. The first story--about a prank involving a roll of toilet paper--was very funny, but the next stories were scary to me. They were about making passengers or other crew members think something was terribly wrong with the airplane. For example, one story was about a time when the flight was having severe turbulence. A pilot walked down the aisle with a screwdriver during the turbulence, asking the passengers if they'd seen any loose airline parts.

Just sitting in my house I felt the symptoms of a panic attack coming on. Any crew member who pulls a stunt like that should be fired, and sued, and arrested, and kicked, and anything else awful I can think of. The company that allows air crews to pull this kind of prank should be closed.

I realize my reaction is irrational, considering the little bit of the book I read while safe at home on the ground. But here's the main point: flight crews never know what kind of people the passengers on board are. A run-of-the-mill nervous Nellie could go into a full-blown panic or even psychotic break, with horrific consequences.

That's why absolute professionalism at all times is essential to all air crews, and why my negative reaction to this book is more than just a different taste in humor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Diaries of flight Attendants are published for the first time!, February 3, 2013
This book is quite good. And I'm sure there're other books you definitely enjoy that are out there, so read them! Confessions of flight attendants are published in such books as

"55 Amazing Stories Told by Stewardesses"

"The Inimitable Humor of Stewardesses: 100 Real Life Situations in Midair"

"Amazing Moments in the Lives of Stewardesses: A Unique Collection of Real Life Pictures",

"Real Life Stories Told by Stewards"

These are the first books of the kind concerning flight attendants ever, as the real life stories of these girls used to be a mystery before.
These books are compiled of recollections of most comic situations aboard as well as a photo collection dedicated to the process of the stewardesses' work published for the first time.

$9.95 $8.96