5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice and MUST have!
This book was great!!
Published on June 22, 2002 by Karen Marie Oseguera

3.0 out of 5 stars Between Parent and Teenager
When the vendor said "like new", I did not expect to see a book so yellowed and with a mark on the cover. I would not use Betterbooks again.
Published on December 19, 2012 by J. A. Whiteman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice and MUST have!, June 22, 2002
This book was great!!
Don't let the year the book was written make your decision to buy because the information that Dr. Ginott provides in this book is relevant to our teenagers today. He provides solid advice along with senarios of how to deal with particular situations. This is not a book that you have to read from cover to cover, you can start anywhere in the book depending on the situation at hand.
This is definitely a must have for all parents and educators.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best., November 23, 2008
This review is from: Between Parent and Teenager (Mass Market Paperback)
My teenager had not spoke to me in almost a year when I purchased this book. I read it in one day and we have been talking ever since. I purchase them to give away all the time. I highly recommend it. I think every parent should read it. My mind was opened up to reality. It was also a quick and easy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars between a parent and teenager, October 30, 2009
This review is from: Between Parent and Teenager (Mass Market Paperback)
It's always been a trouble to control the activities of a teenager by a parent since it is the period during which the teenager wants to come out of the control of their parent and wants to experience things in the world as an adult and not as a kid. This creates problem between the two and often leads to misunderstanding. This book highlights this problem and gives a clear picture of the causes or thoughts responsible for these misunderstandings. The author has expressed how the mindset of the people in the two categories, he has addressed the problems that were revealed by both parents and teenagers to him. This book tells us why parents always wanted their child to be under their control and makes us clear that both parents and teenagers are not wrong in their thoughts and activities instead it (the book) helps us in determining the way in which the problem should be addressed between these two set of people to prevent misunderstandings. This book applies both for the parent and the teenager, I after reading this book started to understand what my dad is trying to say me and I didn't take it that he is trying to control my activities. Of course you will be seeing the same character of your parent/teenager but the way in which the interaction between these two groups of people will definitely change after reading this book. Since I had a change in my life after reading this book I requested all my friends to read this book and I was very happy when my friends thanked me for recommending this book to read. By the time you study the book you will start understanding that the various problems addressed in the book would have occurred in your life too and what your parent/teenager would have thought at that time. All I want to say is, this is a must read book for every parent and teenager.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book...., December 29, 2007
S. Canavespe (Katy, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Between Parent and Teenager (Mass Market Paperback)
As a single parent, I found this book invaluable. Now I am buying a copy for my sister and her out-of-control teen. Very practical, to the point, and applicable across all economic and social stratas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for parents of adolescents, July 24, 2011
This review is from: Between Parent and Teenager (Mass Market Paperback)
If you want smooth teenage years, this is THE book to read. Dr. Haim's work is the basis of other books like "How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and Listen so Kids Will Talk" and "Siblings Without Rivalry." He also wrote "Between Parent and Child." His books and those based on his work have been a big piece of why we never had any teen age rebellion and I can honestly say I never had to give our son a time out or any other sort of punishment. I had other, better methods that were far more respectful of our son and thus, he respected us back. I still keep a copy of the Maxims from the teenager book to keep me from falling into any bad habits with our now-grown son. I bought this copy for my daughter to use with her teenage son, though it would have been better had she read it when he was 10 or 11. My bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars understanding the gap between teens and parents, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Between Parent and Teenager (Mass Market Paperback)
This book helped me get a better grip on what I already felt was true about relationships with teens.
They are so cool and can teach us so much if we are only willing to listen and let go of having to right.
It is a bridge builder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Between Parent and Teenager, May 9, 2012
This book has wonderful ideas and is a eyeopener for anyone who is rasining a teenager. I am a grandmother raising my teenage grand-daughter and son. They came from a pretty mixed up life and had a lot of baggage. This book gave me some current insight and ideas in handleing some of the problems I encounted. After reading it I donated it to a case worker so he could check it out to others as it is hard to find and is no longer in print. Needs to be re- printed. Thanks for sending it to me so soon and I am glad I was able to find you on amazon. Shippment and service was fast and fair. The Book arrived as promised and was in better shape than I thought it would be for a used book. Thanks again.

5.0 out of 5 stars *~OUCH~*, January 30, 2010
This review is from: Between Parent and Teenager (Mass Market Paperback)
I have two teenagers. We get along great but there are "those times" when you just shake your head and either NOT know what to say or HOW to say it...so you say SOMETHING and it's wrong or not spoken in the right manner and you cause more harm then good. So I got this book upon recommendation of my sister.

This book is a guide on how to approach teenagers and how to avoid parenting pitfalls. I say "OUCH" because the author give examples of what NOT to say when giving a specific scenario and looking back, I've said some pretty dumb things that are either hurtful or not helpful!!!! But the author then describes how you MIGHT want to approach the situation, not by soft shoeing or avoiding issues, but directly approaching and dealing with issues in manner that resolves problems, not escalates them.

The author approaches each topic that tells what the TEENAGER is thinking and feeling and how best to guide them. To me this book is written in a similar manner on how a coach would help a player get better and reach their potential while maintaining good relationships with their players.

NOTE: Parental authority is not diminished or downplayed in this book!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 6, 2014
This book arrived in very good conditiom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive common sense ways to treat and respect young people, January 1, 2014
Susan EM Johnson (Hamilton, Montana, US) - See all my reviews
This book and the others in this series, Parent and Child, Teacher and Child,to list a few, have been a mainstay in my child- rearing days and in my teaching years, as well as my adult teaching instruction. It has been a frequent gift to student teachers as well as family and friends!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Between Parent and Teenager
Between Parent and Teenager by Haim G. Ginott (Mass Market Paperback - Nov. 1988)
Used & New from: $0.01