Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Between Parent and Teenager
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on June 22, 2002
This book was great!!
Don't let the year the book was written make your decision to buy because the information that Dr. Ginott provides in this book is relevant to our teenagers today. He provides solid advice along with senarios of how to deal with particular situations. This is not a book that you have to read from cover to cover, you can start anywhere in the book depending on the situation at hand.
This is definitely a must have for all parents and educators.
on November 23, 2008
My teenager had not spoke to me in almost a year when I purchased this book. I read it in one day and we have been talking ever since. I purchase them to give away all the time. I highly recommend it. I think every parent should read it. My mind was opened up to reality. It was also a quick and easy read.
on October 30, 2009
It's always been a trouble to control the activities of a teenager by a parent since it is the period during which the teenager wants to come out of the control of their parent and wants to experience things in the world as an adult and not as a kid. This creates problem between the two and often leads to misunderstanding. This book highlights this problem and gives a clear picture of the causes or thoughts responsible for these misunderstandings. The author has expressed how the mindset of the people in the two categories, he has addressed the problems that were revealed by both parents and teenagers to him. This book tells us why parents always wanted their child to be under their control and makes us clear that both parents and teenagers are not wrong in their thoughts and activities instead it (the book) helps us in determining the way in which the problem should be addressed between these two set of people to prevent misunderstandings. This book applies both for the parent and the teenager, I after reading this book started to understand what my dad is trying to say me and I didn't take it that he is trying to control my activities. Of course you will be seeing the same character of your parent/teenager but the way in which the interaction between these two groups of people will definitely change after reading this book. Since I had a change in my life after reading this book I requested all my friends to read this book and I was very happy when my friends thanked me for recommending this book to read. By the time you study the book you will start understanding that the various problems addressed in the book would have occurred in your life too and what your parent/teenager would have thought at that time. All I want to say is, this is a must read book for every parent and teenager.
on December 29, 2007
As a single parent, I found this book invaluable. Now I am buying a copy for my sister and her out-of-control teen. Very practical, to the point, and applicable across all economic and social stratas.
on April 25, 2016
Great book. I used this book every day as a guide to better interact with my three children. This book is immortal for it addresses very important questions that span time for all parents with teenagers.
on April 27, 2013
I actually bought it for my daughter having read it when she was a teen - now she has her own. Very useful book giving insights on how to handle questions from the teen, and what they really mean when they say and do certain things. It offerred a totally different approach to child rearing than I was subject to while growing up.
on January 4, 2013
This book helped me get a better grip on what I already felt was true about relationships with teens.
They are so cool and can teach us so much if we are only willing to listen and let go of having to right.
It is a bridge builder.
on July 24, 2011
If you want smooth teenage years, this is THE book to read. Dr. Haim's work is the basis of other books like "How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and Listen so Kids Will Talk" and "Siblings Without Rivalry." He also wrote "Between Parent and Child." His books and those based on his work have been a big piece of why we never had any teen age rebellion and I can honestly say I never had to give our son a time out or any other sort of punishment. I had other, better methods that were far more respectful of our son and thus, he respected us back. I still keep a copy of the Maxims from the teenager book to keep me from falling into any bad habits with our now-grown son. I bought this copy for my daughter to use with her teenage son, though it would have been better had she read it when he was 10 or 11. My bad.
on November 5, 2014
This is a classic book that could prove to be very valuable to anyone who has teenage children
or contact with teenagers. If you are not familiar with this author, you might want to go to
Amazon.com and check out the reviews on this book. Personally, I felt that this book was very
an excellent read.
on January 1, 2014
This book and the others in this series, Parent and Child, Teacher and Child,to list a few, have been a mainstay in my child- rearing days and in my teaching years, as well as my adult teaching instruction. It has been a frequent gift to student teachers as well as family and friends!