4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting twist.
Published on April 15, 2007 by C. Freeman

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special Abbath solo project
Not bad but comming from Abbath I expected more. Most of the songs are mid-tempo Motorhead/Bathory (especially in the vocals) influenced metal. I was hoping for more of that dark Immortal sound as their last album Sons Of Northern Darkness was so excellent. There are hints of that power, some of these songs sound like a logical progression from SOND but overall they just...
Published on December 16, 2006 by Chet Fakir

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting twist., April 15, 2007
This review is from: Between Two Worlds (Audio CD)
I didn't really know what to expect when I bought this album. I knew i was a fan of Immortal's last album 'Sons Of Northern Darkness'. I figured it would be something along those lines. I was mistaken, and delightfully surprised. 'I' features members from Immortal, Enslaved, and Gorgoroth. It is heavy metal with a hint of black metal, and the crisp blackend vocals of Immortals own Olve Eikemo (Abbath). The songs are very catchy and extremely unique. It's a must for any fan of black metal or any one seeking out something new.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!! this is metal!, November 16, 2006
This review is from: Between Two Worlds (Audio CD)
Abbath's solo project is amazing, picked up right where IMMORTAL left off, and IMMORTAL is reuniting in 2007 i hope they do an album after hearing how awesome this metal masterpiece is!!!

\m/ \m/

5.0 out of 5 stars Why are reading this now..., November 17, 2006
This review is from: Between Two Worlds (Audio CD)
when you could be listening to this album. Abbath and Armegedda from Immortal, King from Gorgoroth, and Ice Dale from Enslaved. Do you really need any more explanation. This is a cross between Motorhead/Immortal/Bathory , this is killer mid paced songs of Ice, Battle , and Freezen cold worlds. This is killer stuff, lots of strong as hell riffs all played at midpaced levels with lots of groove. The leads are melodic and cathcy, and the solos arent over the type and everything fits the songs well. BUY THIS. Demonaz of Immortal wrote all the lyrics. I guess you could call this Bathory worship at its BEST. Def. a top 10 album of the year along with Mercenary Hours THat Remain, The Haunted Dead Eye, Hammerfall Threshold, Dream Evil United, Wolf Black Flame, and Amon AMarth With ODen On Our Side.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Important Viking Metal Album, June 2, 2013
This review is from: Between Two Worlds (Audio CD)
'Between Two Worlds' sounds like a fusion of Bathory (composition style/lyrical themes), Immortal (huge riffs) and Iron Maiden (razor-sharp guitar solos). A true Norwegian black-metal supergroup, I features Abbath (best known as frontman of the mighty Immortal), Ice Dale (best known as guitarist of Enslaved), TC King (former bassist with Gorgoroth, but also founder of the bands Ov Hell, God Seed, Jotunspor and SAHG) and Armagedda (drummer of Immortal and Demonaz).

The album has an epic sound with lyrical themes to match. Abbath's vocals sound like Lemmy gargling blood while being dragged naked through a field of broken glass. That's a good thing. The guitar work is breathtaking in its ferocity, with solos that most other bands will listen to and think, 'How the hell did he do that?' From the opening moments, when Abbath roars, "I ride a wind of no return," the album doesn't let up. There's no self-indulgence here, just monumental songwriting and musicianship.

If you're a metal fan and don't have this album, that's a situation you should remedy. This deserves a place in every metallist's collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars These guys know what their doing!!, January 18, 2007
This review is from: Between Two Worlds (Audio CD)
Abbath, was quoted as sayin," I had all these riffs layed down, but they would'nt have worked for Immortal at the time." So, we get "Between Two Worlds and I'm glad Abbath found a way to get those "riffs" out there. This imo, is an excellent rock/metal album. Quality musicianship, top production and songwriting. Arve Isdal(guitarist with Enslaved) plays on this and o e reason why I got this. Imo, Arve is really not appreciated in the metal world for his guitar virtuosity. One of the best working today. Pick this up!

4.0 out of 5 stars METAL ALBUM OF THE YEAR 2006, January 18, 2007
Unlucky Frank (Lalaland, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Between Two Worlds (Audio CD)
Superb Metal album!! At first I was put off by the commercial leanings of this album, expecting to hear IMMORTAL. But, after repeated listening, it grew on me in a big way. I should have given this 5 STARS!! So far it's the best Metal album I've heard from 2006.

Some are saying it's not IMMORTAL. Those IMMORTAL ripsaw power chords are there. Only they sound more mainstream. And the growling dark winter vocals and lyrics are there. It sounds like IMMORTAL to me. But, with a more straight ahead feel to the Metal. I think maybe Abbath is looking for a more commercial appeal to his sound. Black Metal is basically a fringe audience. When you can play this good, who wouldn't want to appeal to a bigger audience? It works for me in a big way. I love IMMORTAL. They're my second favorite Black Metal band next to EMPEROR. But, I love the direction Abbath is taking with this music. This is the best solid straight up Metal album I've heard in a long time. And I hope there's going to be more.

IMMORTAL lyrics and vocals, yes. BATHORY songs, yes.

MOTORHEAD? No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

I don't get the MOTORHEAD comparison. I love MOTORHEAD, but the only track that sounds even vaguely like MOTORHEAD is maybe THE STORM I RIDE. Maybe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!!, December 22, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Between Two Worlds (Audio CD)
I agree with other reviewers, theres a lot of influence from Motorhead. Very good also the musicianship, excellent guitar riffs, with a couple of solos, nothing special either but with a special trademark of Immortal. If you want to hear like a tribute to the gods "Bathory", this is your choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great metal!!!, November 22, 2006
This review is from: Between Two Worlds (Audio CD)
Not as fast as immortal, but this really kicks.It's got a bathory like sound to it and that's just cool.This rocks, if you dig immortal then it's definately for ya,or if you just like good metal this is a great start, kind of like borknagar it's also a who's who of norwiegan(did I spell that right?) Metal.Good stuff worth every penny!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best METAL albums EVER!, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Between Two Worlds (Audio CD)
If you love Heavy Metal you will love this album. This band consists of various members of other famous metal groups (Gorgoroth, Enslaved and Immortal). While all those bands are of a darker strain of metal (black metal namely), this album is straight out heavy metal at its finest. If you are a black metal fan or a fan of the named bands above, this album may not be for you. Abbath (the singer) keeps his black metal style of vocalization, but gone from this album is the erratic and noisy, fast paced, musical structure of black metal and introduced are composed and thought out structured songs. Each song is strong from beginning to end.

The only complaint I have about this album, is after hearing the bonus tracks that are not on this album, I am dissapointed that those other three songs were not included on this album. They are three gems that are missing from this cd for whatever foolish reason.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, March 11, 2013
This review is from: Between Two Worlds (Audio CD)
these Cd i love it so much, for my collection i have in my posesion is great and my room.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Between Two Worlds
Between Two Worlds by I (Audio CD - 2006)
Rate and Discover Movies