4.0 out of 5 stars Barbie Takes a Vacation
Published on January 21, 2012 by CrowDiddly

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on Time.. Looks great
Published on January 19, 2012 by suraj75

4.0 out of 5 stars Barbie Takes a Vacation, January 21, 2012
I bought this luggage for the bright pretty color and the fact that it is a 3-piece set. As the other reviewer stated, it's not the lightest luggage out there, but it does seem to be sturdy and the wheels seem stronger than other rolling luggage I've had in the past. I actually wanted the hardshell "shiny" suitcases you see everywhere. This is not like that. It has an embossed woven cloth texture stamped onto it, and is more of a dull finish. I took it recently on a flight from Portland, OR to Washington DC, and try as they might, the luggage handlers couldn't crush the sides of the big suitcase. It arrived on both ends of the trip intact. It does have light grey trim, zippers and wheels, however, which are already scuffed with black marks from going through the baggage service. I would have preferred it was a darker color to hide dirt better. The luggage comes with a 5-year warranty, so I feel confident taking it on business trips. The "spinning" action works well, and it's easy to drag the suitcases either standing straight up, or leaning over to roll along like regular wheeled luggage.

4.0 out of 5 stars 200+ flights later and still going strong!, October 26, 2012
I travel 100% for work. Last year 176 flights - 40+ more this year so far. I've used all three pieces and they work fine, but with a few issues.

A footpad came off one bag, but I always stand it on the wheels so no problem. There are gouges and many scuffs. The bag takes the beating and my contents arrive in great condition. 200+ flights later and the bags are holding up fine - if looking worse for wear. Remember, you're buying something to keep your valuables safe for travel. Don't worry about how the bag itself looks.

I've never been overweight when checking in at the airport. Usually below 40 pounds (50 pounds is allowed on Delta). They fit nicely inside one another. Nice for storing while in a hotel room because of limited space.

The spinning wheels have worked fine. The handles have worked fine. The siding is durable. The colors stand out and I find my bags easily. NICE!!!!

When the foot came off, I unzipped the liner to remove the remaining screw (which was sticking out!) and discovered the ugly underside of its construction. I'm sure you'll find the same if you open a wall in your house. Perhaps a can or two? So, don't be upset if you see "how the sausage is made". Just appreciate that the bag works for what it was designed to do. Carry your stuff from one place to the next.

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on Time.. Looks great, January 19, 2012
The luggages arrived within 3 days of my order (free shipping). The product looks great.. "Easy to identify" color. My only concern is that the luggages is not as light as they potray them to be. Just for reference. The two big suitcases alone weigh more than 22 lbs as per my handheld luggage balance. All three put to gether 27-28 lbs. I bought these for international travel and I preferred this for its durability, easy to identify, sturdiness and light weight. I am not happy with its weight at all.. I cut the 2 stars just for that..

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, December 27, 2011
Items as described. Delivered as promised. Well made practical luggage. I have already used them and they are easy to handle on wheels that work great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Green Luggage, June 29, 2012
This review is from: Beverly Hills Country Club Malibu Three-Piece Hardside Spinner Set (Apparel)
I ordered the 3 piece version of the Travelers Choice Luggage in GREEN. Mind you, prior to purchase, I wanted bags that I could spot immediately at baggage claim and wanted a matching set. When I initially bought them, I thought green was a great idea and immediately after my purchase - I had buyer's remorse... Because who orders luggage in puke green? It was too late to cancel the order, so I thought - when they arrive - I'll likely just return them and order the navy blue bags. However, the green luggage arrived three days ago, and when I opened the box - I was EXTREMELY HAPPY with my order. The green was not the green color that is shown on the website. The bags are more of a darker sage green and really quite pretty. I'm heading on my first trip with them in a week, and I'm oddly excited to use my lovely green luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Luggage I Own, May 9, 2012
BakingDiva (Southern Georgia) - See all my reviews
I was amazed when this luggage came to the door! It is sturdy, well built and looks amazing. The 360 degree wheels make moving the luggage a breeze. I love the green color- it is almost a sage green with a woven pattern. It will stand out at the airport in a good way. The only negative I have is that the small lock that came with the luggage set broke the very first time I tried to unlock it. I didn't need the lock, so it wasn't a big deal to me, but if you are planning on using a lock on the luggage you might need look into getting a new lock.

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable and Pleased, June 7, 2012
I only used this set once since it's purchase. All three pieces traveled on four flights. No problems with the casters as I had read about in other reviews. When they arrived they did have a chemical smell that others reviews mentioned. We placed dryer sheets in them and closed them up until we started packing for vacation. This seemed to work fine. The only upset occurred on the first day of use. Each piece has a D-ring on top and comes with a strap to hook two pieces back to back. I hook the smallest piece onto the largest piece. The smaller piece had no more than 10 pounds in it. After a few trips from the parking lot to the hotel room and back, the D-ring broke from the smaller luggage. It's like a rivot holding the ring in. It just snapped from the hard case. It was disappointing, but nothing to ruin the trip over. Once home I thought about contacting for a replacement, but it seemed like more work than anything. Overall happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value if you're like me and need to save a buck!, August 21, 2013
I have taken this luggage over seas on airplanes, on cruises, and on a plane from the east coast to the west coast twice - not to mention the many, many car trips we've used them on.... that means I have gotten a good feel for what you're getting into with this luggage. I just bought another set for my wife before a trip to CA from SC.

First of all, the smell that everyone talks about is there, but not so bad that it is overwhelming or never leaves... It wears itself out pretty quickly as you use it, or if you just let it air out some. If you're really picky about it, the trick is to just pack a couple of dryer sheets in with your clothes if you're worried about your clothes picking up any smells. Honestly, the smell wasn't that bad with either set, but some people are ridiculous about that stuff...

Second, the colors all stick out like sore thumbs coming off of the luggage carousel. That makes it totally easy to spot and even easier to make sure no one is trying to sneak off with your stuff. We have one gray set and one sage green-colored set, and even the gray-colored one is easy to spot because it is kind of shiny, and then it has the gray corner protectors - so if you're a business person worried about appearances of bright colored luggage, the gray is great for that because it is still easy to spot.

Thirdly, I have come to like this type of spinner better than the two-wheeled spinners you see on other luggage. The reason being is they are more protected. The two-wheelers seem to stick out further than this kind, and the sides are open, whereas these spinners are protected all the way around and are closer to the luggage. It just seems like they would be less likely to get knocked off. I've used both, and these spinners are not shaky and do not seem cheaply thrown together. Better yet, of all the trips I've taken, they are all still attached, and work just fine. I can't tell any difference than when I bought them.

Finally, the inside has sturdy zippers also and the fabric has held up well. One side zips totally up, and the other has a bungee strap to pull over your stuff - this is the side that you can pile a little higher. To keep the luggage from getting messed up (the trick to all hardside luggage with zippers) is to make sure that it is packed tightly. You have to pack the suitcase full. The hardside bags depend on the contents inside to keep it from collapsing on itself. These have expanders as well to let you put more stuff it, but if it's not full, then the sides of one side will push down on the other, and I imagine it could cause stress to the seams along the sippers, but maybe not... I just wouldn't try it.

The Not-So-Good:

The only things I can think of so far is that when the luggage is handled roughly (and ours was - we actually watched it being loaded thanks to the color) that the color can get scraped away when it skids along those things they slide them on - or along concrete or something. That is another good thing about the gray ones, because it hides the blemishes. Also, the expanding handles seem not-so-sturdy on the smaller bag. We haven't had any problems with any of them, but they just seem like they could be better built... But, we haven't had trouble, so I'm cool with it.

2 Things about luggage in general:
#1 - GET SPINNERS - they make it SO MUCH EASIER no matter where you go.
#2 - DO NOT PAY AN ARM AND A LEG - you can get great luggage without using your entire paycheck to do it.

Happy Traveling!

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright for price, May 7, 2013
The price was right so we bought these. They nest, they are a durable case, the fit a tremendous amount inside. Unfortunately the pull strap hardware that links all three so you can pull them all at once snapped of on the smallest one immediately when we pulled it through Logan. That caused us to have to shuffle three bags, a stroller and a carseat with two people instead of one with stroller and the other with bags and cars eat. Had to rent a big cart, which was what we were trying to avoid. Annoying...pull strap hardware connectors super cheap metal. The rest is great so if you don't care about that go for it! Nice sage color. Easy to spot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, September 12, 2012
I bought one set, was very impressed and bought a second.
Half way through my 5 city vacation and its doing great... Even got a comment from the gate agent at the airline about how great it looks, especially the color which is the green.

Beverly Hills Country Club Malibu Three-Piece Hardside Spinner Set