5.0 out of 5 stars An Easy to Follow Guide for the Organizationally Challenged
Published on February 3, 2006 by A Reader from Delaware

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book - if you own a home
Published on August 22, 2006 by HRK

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book - if you own a home, August 22, 2006
This review is from: Beverly Hills Organizer's Home Organizing Bible (Paperback)
I was excited to buy this book after hearing rave reviews about it. When I got it, I set aside some time and started pouring over all the chapters. Unfortunately, I rent a small apartment with not a lot of storage, small closets, and not many cupboards. I figured this book would be perfect. Boy, was I wrong. If you don't have large closets, a ton of cupboards or a pantry, this book will be a waste of your money. The only good tips I got from it was how to fold my clothes, socks, etc., so that I could fit more in my drawers. The rest of it I skimmed through, and then put the book away since I couldn't use it. As I said, if you own a home, this book would be perfect for you. If you rent a small apartment with not a lot of closets and storage, then don't waste your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Easy to Follow Guide for the Organizationally Challenged, February 3, 2006
I bought this book after seeing the work Linda Koopersmith did on "Clean House" (Style Network). Watching that show helped me to get started on cleaning all of the crap out of my house and getting organized. Linda's book gives the instructions and hints that the show doesn't have time to cover. I've read other organizing books that were way too detailed and overwhelming. This is a basic guide that covers the essentials. The book is loaded with photographs, and the photos really help you to visualize what you're working towards. Linda has also included a list, complete with phone numbers & web sites, of stores where organizing materials can be purchased.

The focus on "Beverly Hills" in both the title and the contents of the book may come across as intimidating or even a little snobbish. But, Linda Koopersmith is clearly not a snob. (Why else would she allow a photograph of herself without any makeup on to be included in this book?). She comes across as genuine and sincere in wanting to help her readers improve their lives.

This is a book that you will be able to refer to over and over again, so it is definitely a good purchase. In addition to the television show "Clean House", other readers might enjoy "Mission Organization" (Home & Garden Network).

5.0 out of 5 stars LINDA ROCKS!, January 13, 2006
Dear Linda:

I am a single mother of 3, living in a very small apartment, I have always struggled with organization, as both my middle son and myself have ADD.

I have read organization books and watched every show out there. When I started to watch clean house, and saw way you organized, not just for looks but also for function, I was hooked.

I finally got your book, I bought it for myself for Christmas.

In just one night, I refolded all my clothes they way you suggested, and OH MY GOSH, just that small thing has made an enormous difference. The next day I did my daughters clothes, and so on.

I had been trying to save money for a while to get my son a new dresser, because his was much too small, but guess what!, it's not anymore!

I can't wait for this weekend to find another project!

Just wanted to say thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing Book!, July 21, 2006
This book has CHANGED MY LIFE! Thanks to Linda, I have now been able to actually organize my kitchen cabinets so that things no longer fall on my head the minute I open the doors! That is saying a whole lot, believe me!

Before buying this book, my husband and I were convinced that we had no space to put anything in our kitchen, and that the only solution would be to buy new and bigger cabinets. Now that I have followed the "recipes" in Linda's book, not only are new cabinets not necessary, but we have found extra space in our existing cabinets that we never thought we had!

As soon as I finish the kitchen, I'm going to tackle every closet in my house AND the basement! This book has given me the knowledge and the confidence to make much need changes that have and will free me from the clutter that has ruled me for decades!

The instructions are easy to follow and I have had very little trouble finding the organization tools that are outlined in the book. Bed, Bath & Beyond is an excellent source, for example. Who knew that these tools even existed?

Linda, if you're out there reading this, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book!, March 26, 2006
Deb (Rochester Hills, MI) - See all my reviews
This book has been very helpful in helping me organize the house, one project at a time. The detailed step-by-step instructions and photos as well as the author's tips were easy to follow and made sense. The final results have been great and have made keeping things organized much easier. I have been using a label maker for a few years, but have starting labeling more and more and now even my husband can find things! Who knew that would be an added bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time to Get Organized, August 14, 2006
If you think you need a bigger house or a storage space, then you need this book instead. Here's what it covers:

Part 1: Getting Started deals with (What You'll Need to Succeed, The Rules, Where to Begin)

Part 2: Clothes and Closets includes (Drawers, Folding and Hanging Clothes, Closets, Laundry)

Part 3: All Around the House focuses on (Kitchens, Bedrooms, Bathrooms, Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, and Family Rooms, Children's Rooms and Play Rrooms, Home Offices, Attics, Basements, and & Garages, Storage Units, Moving)

Part 4. Keepsakes and Holidays addresses (Magazines and Newspapers, Mementos, Photo Albums, Holiday Time)

There's also information on (Favorite Non-Organizing Products,

Emergency and Disaster Supplies, Glossary of Tools, Resources for Home Organizing)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good Do-It-Yourself book, February 12, 2007
The first half of the book was very informative for maintenance, but the second half is all about measurements and customizing your space if you are going to do it yourself. Loved the first half, but haven't read the second half because I don't need to do custom closets yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars THAT'S the Linda Koopersmith of it all!!!, August 14, 2007
I fell hard for Ms. Koopersmiths clutter busting abilities on Clean House. I was sorry she left the show. I bought this book with much glee and was THRILLED to see many of "Koops" fabulous ideas. I have a new way of folding clothes thanks to her and I have literally doubled my drawer space as well as seeing all the clothes at my fingertips, no more piles in drawers for me.
This book is SO terrific. I can't WAIT to reorganize my closets now! Do yourself a favor and BUY this book! Even if you aren't a pack rat or drowning in mayham and foolishness, this book will definately show you some very helpful and useful techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Help has arrived!, December 19, 2005
I read Linda's book and immediately put her suggestions to use. The folding of the shirts was an amazing way to gain an extra drawer. I am a real estate agent and I bought a box of these books to give to customers for their new house. It will help them to get started on the right foot. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys having everything in its place the right way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide to Organizing Your Home, February 23, 2006
This book truly is a Bible to organizing your home. It had a broad variety of ideas and room examples, for those who are visual. The steps to getting organized and staying organized are easy to follow. I highly recommend this book to anyone trying to get rooms organized!

Beverly Hills Organizer's Home Organizing Bible
Beverly Hills Organizer's Home Organizing Bible by Linda Koopersmith (Paperback - May 1, 2005)
Used & New from: $1.57