Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Beware of the HDDVD version of this disc and Xbox 360

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2008 4:49:59 PM PST
Mark Smith says:
I rented this disc in HDDVD format and played it on my Xbox 360. The movie played flawlessly after it updated, which happens automatically. Before I watched this, I bought Shrek 3 on HDDVD and watched it. Then, after watching Knocked Up, my Shrek 3 wouldn't play on my Xbox 360's HDDVD player. It stopped with an error code. I called Microsoft and they stated the Shrek 3 disc was bad. I knew this wasn't true.

After digging around on the Internet, I discovered that Knocked Up, as well as many movies, puts cookies, that's what it's doing when it states "Web Content Updates" when the movie initially starts, on the HDDVD drive itself. This 11 mb cookie made my Shrek movie stop working. After going to the System blade then Memory then selecting HD Player and erasing the 11 mb cookie, Shrek now starts up beautifully. Whatever update this movie is downloading is causing issues with other discs. By the way, only, so far, Shrek 3 HDDVD seems to be effected by Knocked Up HDDVD's bad cookie.

I tried calling Microsoft to tell them of the problem and the solution I found, but they had no idea what I was talking about. So, I hope this helps those who might encounter the same problem. The movie itself is cute and lighthearted, but the web update needs to be fixed.

I hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2008 2:54:28 AM PDT
I've had a similar situation with this issue. Same thing happened to me (With the same movies too).

The only difference was that my HD DVD Version stopped/stalled at the birthday party scene, with no sort of error code. This happened 3 different times on 3 different discs, and they stopped all at the same part.

Anybody else having problems with this?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2008
Latest post:  May 18, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions