Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:33 Mins
Published on August 30, 2012 by Joseph Dewey

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun with one Bey, not for battles
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:28 Mins
This new Destroyer Dome comes with two new Beys made especially for traveling in circles inside this special fighting arena. My children tried their regular Beys. They said it worked, but not very well.

Published on September 10, 2012 by Noname

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun with one Bey, not for battles, September 10, 2012
Length:: 0:28 Mins

Even with the new Beys, I'm not so sure it's a winning design. In theory, it should be visually exciting, watching Beys go round and round, just like those motorcycles in cages. One Bey inside will go round and round. Two Beys . . . well they almost always immediately crash.

My son said at first that he likes his old arenas better. Now, he says this thing is five stars. Considering the action when I watch him play with it, which isn't often, I'd give it three at best. Taking his star rating into consideration, I will assign this product four stars.

_____________

UPDATE 12/18/12: My son would like to revise his rating of the Destroyer Dome. He says the battles only last a couple seconds and the dome should rate 2 stars. But the good thing is it includes with two Beys that come with interchangeable spin tracks, so they can be used in the dome or in a regular stadium. He gives the Beys 5 stars. Overall, his rating is now four stars.

My daughter says the Destroyer Dome only merits 3 stars, because the dome is the whole point of the set. She doesn't like the dome.

3.0 out of 5 stars not as much fun as the open stadium sets, September 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son has been collecting Beyblades for a couple years now. He has dozens of them and he and his friends (and my husband) have had many battles. We have 2 other beyblade stadiums: Beyblades 2011 Metal Fusion Beystadium Burning Firestrike Stadium and another one. so when I saw this one, it looked like a great addition to our collection.

The set comes with a plastic dome that you put together. It is easy to assemble, and my 8 year old mastered putting it together even without my assistance. Once you assemble the dome, there are these sort of lightening bolt shaped stickers to affix to the outside for decoration. The dome is plastic and is made of similar quality/material to the other beyblade stadiums.

The set comes with 2 beyblades and 2 discs/wheels that the beyblades fit into to make them spin better inside the dome. Without the wheel, regular beyblades will not work real well in the dome. After that, it works like any other beyblade set. You pull the rip cord and launch the beyblades into the dome, and watch them spin. There is a hole at the bottom of the dome, and the last beyblade to stay inside without falling through the hole is the winner.

I do like that the beyblades in this set are interchangeable with other beyblades in your collection. I don't have any real problems with the construction of the set compared to the other beyblade products we own. Overall though, this held my son's attention for maybe an hour. Then he went right back to his other stadiums. The open stadiums are just more fun. It is easier to launch the beyblades when you aren't trying to aim them into a small hole. The beyblades spin longer in the open stadiums too. And, the open stadiums are half the price of the dome listed here.

So overall, I give this 3 stars. It's not a bad set. And for the beyblade obsessed kid who has everything, it could make an ok gift... if it weren't for the price. But there are just better, and cheaper, sets out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars If your kid like to play with others don't bother, September 26, 2012
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Destroyer Dome Set (Toy)
Like someone else said this is is not a battle dome. You cannot put two bays in here at the same time. We purchased at a big box store with my Son's savings. He want to return it and I don't blame him. It's ok for just one bay but he like to battle with all the other kids. This is just a flop of a toy with a high price tag! I think this will be a top seller due to demand but I also think it will be a top return too.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you must have every accessory for battling tops, you must have this!, August 30, 2012
Length:: 3:33 Mins

This is my first experience with Beyblade battling tops, and for what it is, it's a really cool product. These are tiny plastic tops that have four or five different parts that you can take apart, and switch up the parts on different tops, and then battle to the end. The product never explained who actually wins, but I think the last top standing is the winner.

It didn't really have instructions, so here are my instructions:
*Put the rip cord in the launcher.
*Turn the top upside down, and lightly fasten it on the launcher
*Turn the whole thing back around right side up, and position your top
*Launch the top by vigorously pulling on the rip cord
*Repeat over and over again, or dissemble your top, modify it, and then repeat over and over again.

A funny thing about the instructions was that it warned kids to get their parents to help assemble this. I'm pretty sure that most parents would be baffled about how to assemble this, so my advice on assembly is to go find a kid to help you assemble it.

Pros:
+It's about the same cost as just two of the tops, so this package is kind of like, 'buy two tops, get a destroyer dome for free.'
+No other Beyblade tops have the protective cover that's used for going upside down with your tops
+Really cool collectible pieces, and there are tons of different tops that you can buy to expand your set.

Cons:
-The "destroyer dome" is made of cheap plastic, but it does hold up pretty well
-It's only a matter of time before one of the parts breaks, so you'll want to buy at least one more top to go along with this set, like the Beyblades Kerbecs MR145DS
-The product lacks clear instructions. Better just watch this video.
-The marketing folks may have over-hyped this product, so you're sure to be disappointed in some way. But rest assured, this is a pretty cool product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyblade crazed 8 year old loves this set!, September 10, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son has owned 3 beyblade stadiums, Beyblades Metal Fusion Beystadium Bolt Blast Stadium Dark Blue,BEYBLADE XTS Half Pipe Battle Set this one we returned because it was horrible and the beys did not work very well, Beyblades Exclusive Metal Masters Sonic Series Super Vortex Battle Set and now this battle dome. He absolutely loves this stadium and has been playing with it everyday for about a week now. He loves that they spin all over the stadium(and they do). I've read other reviews that say the beys do not go all over the stadium like they're suppose to, but my 8 year old son and my daughter whom is 5, can both get the beys going everywhere in this thing. It's not exactly made of the greatest plastic, but seriously, its enough for it to stay together, it has not fallen apart even once. it does the job. Its a nice addition to the beyblade line of toys, and my son who is an avid collector enjoys it very much. I highly recommend this to other beyblade crazed kids.

1.0 out of 5 stars junk, December 25, 2012
This review is from: Destroyer Dome Set (Toy)
not a hit with my 9 yr old son!!!
it isnt worth the price and im surprised that i had heard so much about it being fun. i would get a dollar store toy instead had i known

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed, November 18, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Destroyer Dome Set (Toy)
My boys love Beyblades so they were so excited about the Dome. As soon as they drop them into the dome, they crash into each other once and fall right to the bottom. It seems to work ok with just one blade but that defeats the whole purpose of the "Beyblade battles". Very disappointing especially since I spent $35 on this.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, mis leading commercial, November 14, 2012
This review is from: Destroyer Dome Set (Toy)
wow, this is bad news. DONT BUY. I got this for my sons birthday and as others said you cant play two at the same time. The lid is thin flimsy plastic and the lid keeps falling of. Garbage.

3.0 out of 5 stars Grandson Tested, October 20, 2012
Michael Kear (Albuquerque, New Mexico) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered the Destroyer Dome Set for my grandson who is seven years old. He really enjoys playing with it, although it doesn't seem to command his attention for very long. Some of the reviews mentioned that the toy was flimsy. My observation is that it does seem to be a little bit on the light-weight side, yet it has stood up (so far) to my grandson. I think that the packaging makes the toy look a lot more exciting then it actually is in real life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let it Rip!, August 16, 2012
animeguy112191 (Lake Charles, LA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Destroyer Dome Set (Toy)
This is a must have for any true blader. It arrived a day earlier than predicted and works with all Metal Fusion and Metal Masters beys (tops). It comes labeled as the Metal Fury saga intro set. It comes with two beys: Spiral Fox 130D and a special edition Cyclone Herculeo 105F. It also comes with two wheels that can be swtched with the spin track of any bey to be used in the dome. Lots of fun. Worth the money.

Destroyer Dome Set