Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Beyerdynamic MMX300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Head...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 53% off the $459.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Beyerdynamic MMX300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphone
|Price:||$341.85 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$117.15 (26%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Cockpit tested audio components with impressive speech and playback qualities
- Digital premium Gaming headset.
- Sophisticated internal sound card works outside of the PC resulting in no risk of interference
- MAC and PC friendly also includes Carrying Case
- 5 years parts and labor warranty serviceable in the U.S.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The MMX 300 premium headset is in a league of its own. When gamers and multimedia fans want the highest quality in terms of sound, performance, and comfort, they turn to these high performance headphones from beyerdynamic.
New Features in a Premium Headset
But it gets even better with the latest version of the MMX 300. The audio specialists from Heilbronn, Germany, have given the premium MMX 300 a makeover and optimized numerous features. Decorative rings and yokes made of black anodized aluminum along with black velour ear pads add still more professional touches to the ear cups' sleek carbon design. You can tell just by looking--this headset is a born winner.
The new headband was designed by beyerdynamic's expert development team. The push-buttons on the top make it simple to clean and easy to replace. The 2.5 meter connection cable is made of rugged polyurethane material. It lies smoothly without getting tangled, and can handle even rough treatment--such as when the wire ends up under the wheels of a desk chair in the heat of an online battle.
The professional screw-locking jack plugs and a 3.5 to 6.35 mm jack socket adapter mean that you can use this high-end headset anywhere. Symbols and the colored insulating rings on the microphone and headphone jack plugs make it easier to connect them to your PC.
High Performance Audio with Closed Earcups for Passive Noise Isolation
The new model features the same amazing sound quality as the previous version. Essentially, the MMX 300 combines the qualities of hi-fi headphones with cockpit-tested headsets developed for private aviation. For example, the European Space Agency (ESA) uses the MMX 300's professional equivalent, the HS 800 Digital, to train astronauts. The closed design reduces ambient noise by 18 decibels. This high level of noise attenuation is an invaluable advantage at LAN parties.
Included Travel Case
Take the MMX 300 premium headset with you wherever you go in the included transport bag. The sturdy nylon carry and storage case makes the MMX 300 the perfect travel companion.
High Fidelity Condenser Microphone
The MMX 300 features a condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern for extraordinarily effective noise compensation. It reliably cancels out interfering outside noise so the people you're talking to only hear what you want them to. At the same time, the sound quality is so high that the microphone capsule is technically suitable for recording music.
With these updates, the MMX 300 will continue to set the standard for multimedia headsets--whether for gaming, skyping on your PC, or for relaxed music sessions.
Top Customer Reviews
- Overall: Best sounding gaming headset you can buy. I essentially bought these because I didn't want to have to change headsets when I wanted to game, watch a movie, or listen to music on my home computer. I wanted something that would serve all of those purposes. What I didn't need: something small, something easy to travel with, and something with a detachable mic. I couldn't have asked for a better sounding headset (shouldn't even really call it a gaming headset as it doesn't sound like one).
- For gamers: I am a big COD/Battlefield fan, and these headsets are so amazing it is hard to put it into words. In COD:Black Ops, I can hear the direction of any enemy making noise. For example, if someone tries to creep up on me from behind, I can hear not only that they are behind me, but I can hear whether the footsteps are coming from directly behind me, slightly to the left, or slightly to the right. It is so good, that I have had people accuse me of hacking just because they can't hear it as well on their headsets even when cranked up.
- Also for gamers: You will be able to hear the quality (or lack thereof) in every game you play. The cheap sounding effects will sound cheap while the great sounds will sound fantastic! This is truly a plus because some games have such great sound-work that it is a shame to miss it with other headsets.
- For music lovers: While being audiophile quality, these headphones are also a little forgiving.Read more ›
I searched around for reviews on the MMX 300s, but they're hard to find. A friend of mine has the DT 770s and I've always liked their sound, so I took a chance and bought these. I'm really glad I did.
First, the mic: The mic on the MMX 300s is extremely sensitive. I've had to turn off all software gain and reduce the input volume to avoid blowing my teammates eardrums out, not to mention distorting my voice. Consequently the mic will pick up a bit more noise than the PC350s but at least it will also pick up your voice, and will do an excellent job of it.
As to sound, the MMX 300s blow the PC350s out of the water, so I'll compare them to my other audiophile quality headphones, the Sennheiser HD600s and Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro.
Both the HD600s and MMX 300s have an amazingly flat frequency response. Both have a very wide, very articulate sound stage. The main difference between the two is in the high end and low end. The MMX 300s have what feels like a lot more bass response. Whereas the HD600s deliver the bass in a clear (some might say clinical) fashion the MMX 300s really let you feel it. The MMX 300s are also a touch on the bright side. Maybe slightly too bright for my taste but they're getting better as they break in.
Compared to the Super.fi 5 Pros the MMX 300s have improved mid-range response, are again a bit brighter, and deliver a wider sound stage.Read more ›
BUYER BEWARE--While it states a 5 year warrant, there really is ZERO Warranty when I bought through Amazon and you're pissing your money down the drain when the headsets quickly become unusable. Classic Bait & Switch tactics.
The highs and mids are crystal clear and are the cleanest I've heard in any set. I'd describe the bass to be punchy, clean (not muddy), and not overwhelming - perfect for bass heavy stuff without compromising any of the clarity.
A few things that I found after first using them:
- The tension is on the stiffer side, definitely more than my Sennheisers. I'm used to it now, but I can definitely see how these could fatigue larger heads after a while.
- As others mentioned, the frequency response is very flat, which I was looking for. I spent a good amount of time playing around with my EQ settings to get the perfect sound, especially in the lower end, which is not very thumpy by default, but can be made so with the right settings
- They are much brighter than any set I've ever used, and it took me a while to get used to it. But I'm glad they are this way, since it really helps to bring out nuances in music I wouldn't notice with any other set.
Oh and yes, I do primarily use these for gaming, and they work extremely well with virtual surround processors (I use a Turtle Beach DSS). Skyrim is more immersive than ever =)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The headphones were great, but the package was not new. It was already opened. Did not feel right spending so much for a used set.Published 8 days ago by MICHAEL R.
As soon as I put these on, I fell in love. Comfortable, clear mic quality, aesthetics, everything! Definitely worth the purchase. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Andrew
This is the second pair of MMX300's that I have owned. I had my previous pair for about 7-8 years before they were getting old looking and the left ear speaker started to give... Read morePublished 26 days ago by Kross
This headset sounds great and is built like a tank. Also a great microphone. When not gaming or just listening to music, I use it for conference calls with my iPhone (with an... Read morePublished 1 month ago by ams168
Excellent headset! I won't even go into the positives about the sound quality as there are so many that validate the quality of this headset. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Rightrich
Excellent sound and mic!! especially the sound. But Beyerdynamic has a problems its the s***ty product gaurantee. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Nice work
Don't get me wrong, the sound quality of these headphones is great. But as many other reviewers I had significant problems with the cables. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Daniel Baulig