Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Beyoncé - B'Day Anthology Video Album
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon June 18, 2007
As many of you readers already know, B'Day is my favorite album. I love it dearly. So when news came of a deluxe edition and a DVD with a video for each song, I was ecstatic. On the release date, I went straight to the store, bright and early, and bought both. So early, in fact, that they weren't on display yet. I had to get one of the less-than-thrilled workers to get them out of the shipping boxes for me. But hey, if you have a store that's open 24 hours a day, I don't think it's too much to ask to have new releases out by noon. (This DVD was exclusively available at Wal-Mart stores from April 3 to today. It is now available at all stores).

Anyways, the hassle was worth it. I went straight home and watched this "anthology video album" straight through. The tracklisting for it is as follows:

01. Beautiful Liar (feat. Shakira)
02. Irreplaceable
03. Kitty Kat
04. Green Light
05. Upgrade U (feat. Jay-Z)
06. Flaws and All
07. Get Me Bodied (Extended Mix)
08. Freakum Dress
09. Suga Mama
10. Deja Vu (feat. Jay-Z)
11. Ring the Alarm
12. Listen

In "Beautiful Liar," we find Shakira and Beyoncé playing a look-alike contest and belly dancing together. In "Irreplaceable," Bey kisses off her replaceable man. For the "Kitty Kat" video, we find her in leopard print and matching make-up while riding on top of a huge black cat; they also play with a large ball of yarn, which alsmot smooshes Bey in the end. Beyoncé takes on an overwhelming amount of identities in "Green Light." She even smashes a guitar! "Upgrade U" shows her swimming with an alligator, dancing, imitating Jay-Z and showing off her lavish cars, clothes and golden rings. (No need to worry, though. Jay does make an appearance). In the minimalist, yet entertaining video for "Flaws and All," the singer makes funny faces, giggles, and fools around. In "Get Me Bodied," we join Beyoncé, sister, Solange; and Destiny's Child members, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams; in a seven-minute dance fest! It is definitely the best video of the set. Beyoncé and a few of her lady friends show the definition of a "Freakum Dress" as they dance and prance around in fluorescent, skimpy attire. The "Suga Mama" video shows the star dancing around a pole, riding a mechanical bull and sitting on top of a giant, luminous sugar cube. "Deja Vu" is an energetic, couture mini-fashion show. In "Ring the Alarm," we see Beyoncé get quite angry and emotional. `Nuff said. She delivers a powerful performance of the ballad, "Listen."

Also included on this DVD as an extra is a fifteen minute behind-the-scenes featurette. It shows how the project came to fruition and all the work that went into it. It was very fascinating, especially as a fan, but I just wish it were longer. There's also an "ultimate performer" feauture and a free poster of Beyonce.

Wow! What an amazing accomplishment Bey has pulled off! I have even more respect for her after seeing this. (By the way, the videos are much better than how they sound on paper). That's not to say this set is without flaws. Some of the videos look just a little bit cheap. If a few more dollars were splurged, they could've been much better. I also would've liked to have the "Kitty Kat" video to be longer than a minute. Parts of the videos seem a little cheesy at times, also. The sound on "Get Me Bodied" is a little distorted and part of the final chorus is cut off on "Freakum Dress." Also, the claim that there is a video for each song is false. (A "Resentment" video is not present).

But hey... these are very small faults. It is amazing that she pulled this off, especially in the time she did. Overall, it is a very enjoyable DVD with entertaining and fun videos. I recommend this to anyone, but especially to lovers of Beyoncé and her B'Day album. This video album takes the songs to another whole level and makes me love them even more.
2222 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2007
You've got to hand it to Beyonce - few artists have the budget, vision, drive, and sheer talent to make an entire video album - there are few out the over the years (Blondie's Eat to the Beat comes to mind), but very few in the soul/R&B arena - while we've seen a few of these videos before on MTV (Irreplaceable, Deja Vu, etc), the majority have never been seen before and are EXCLUSIVE to this DVD, which oddly is being sold as an EXCLUSIVE to Wal-Mart?! I bought it online & it was definitely worth it. Beyonce is smokin' HOT in all the clips, and there really isn't a bad apple in the bunch - my favorites are GREENLIGHT (amazing homage/parody of Robert Palmer's 80s model-chic videos!), GET ME BODIED (a sly tribute/take-off of Bob Fosse's SWEET CHARITY "mod 60s" sequence if you can believe it with an extended no-holds-barred danceoff!), and more. Value for the money - if you like B'DAY, you'll love this! Only her video version of LISTEN is a bit weak, but you can just rent DREAMGIRLS!
on April 8, 2007
If you as a fan of Beyonce would like to see the visionary aspect of how Beyonce views her music then, I would encourage you to purchase this video collection. This video collection is a nice companion to the release of B-Day. What I like about the video for "Beauitful Liar" is the belly dancing. Beyonce and Shakira make it look so effortless. For the video "Suga Mama" I like the way it start's off. Beyonce start's off more masculin while still keeping her femininity intact. And as far as the bull is concern Beyonce can hang. I'am not made at you girl! The reason I like "Ring the Alarm" is because Beyonce has this look like she's pazes. "Freakum Dress" is another one I like because at the end Byonce wears these eye glasses that make her look like a school teacher.I enjoy "Up Grade U " beause when she acts like Jay-Z. I think it's hilarious. "Get Me Bodied" is one of my two favorite videos. Because I think the gentleman Beyonce danceces with,dances so cute. There is a scence in "Get Me Bodied were the dancers line up but, fall back and the gentlemen in the front of the line facing Beyonce. I don't know What he seen. But Whatever he seen he's just short of drewling.

I like the theme for "Kitty Kat" it was just too short. I love the way the video was shot for "Flaws & All" it was presented like a home video but, still very raw and classic. Of her just being herself. I also like the Marilyn Monroe pose. As far as "Deja' I like the video because it was shot so, beauitfully,I just don't like that scence Where she grinding up aginst the wall. Rockin out with the guitar in "Geen Light" was cool. For the video "Irreplaceable'the filling of the nails sets the tone for that video.
on September 17, 2007
I must say that I was not impressed with the album when it first came out, Deja Vu was a hot single, which I felt was an attempt to duplicate the buzz of Crazy In Love. I didn't like it because of songs like Kitty Kat and Sugar Mama. I just thought she had more substance than the content of those songs. Irreplaceable is in fact a very nice song, the video was suitable for that particular subject matter. But of course Beyonce is known for her stunning performances, in that vain, Get Me Bodied is where she really upholds her reputation. To be honest, she is like Kayne said "Picture Perfect Beyonce" and really made even the songs I did not care for appealing with the eye-catching outfits and her incredible energy, strong vocals and the last track with the video shot in black & white, which gave it an earthy effect, coupled with her beautiful voice was a perfect match. I can't deny her she get five stars. She is A Real B. Beyond Say....Beyond Words
on June 11, 2014
I'm not of fan of b but I needed some videos to watch while I try to workout and it works the music is fun and up beat I got some janet Jackson videos which are much longer and worth the money but overall this was good maybe make a video with all the videos
on April 25, 2007
this is a definite for the video collection! beyonce works her behind off. every video is unique and hot and the dancing and the clothes and the makeup and angles are all so great! i can't say enough about it. most artists couldn't pull this off but it's unique and fun and worth it!! b you are doing it!
on June 2, 2007
It's funny how videos can make you appreciate songs more. I'm one of the people that was disappointed with B'Day upon its initial release. Now with the release of the Beyonce's B'Day Anthology, I wonder how did I sleep on a number of the songs on the CD.

Frank Gatson Jr who choreographed those contagious rump-shaking, back-arching moves for the "Crazy In Love" video returns as lead choreographer for most of the videos here. And once again Beyonce delivers. "Upgrade U", "Get Me Bodied (Remix)", "Suga Mama", and "Beautiful Liar" are awesome while "Freakum Dress", "Kitty Kat/Greenlight", and "Ring The Alarm" are great as well. You can't help but acknowledge that 'B' is at the top of her game as you watch her morph from one style to another within each of the videos. She remains one of the most intriguing women in the world as a sexy, visual marvel holding the R&B/Pop crown. Even the most casual fans should upgrade their collection with this video anthology.
on March 13, 2008
EVEN THOUGH IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO REALLY GET INTO THE BDAY C.D. I HAVE TO ADMITT THAT THE DVD MADE ME GET INTO THE C.D. EVEN MORE. BEYONCE REALLY DID HER THING ON THIS ONE. ALL THE VIDEOS ARE HOT FROM BEGINNING TO END. I WOULD RECOMMENED THIS DVD TO ANYONE WHO LOVES BDAY AND BEYONCE.
on May 8, 2007
Wow, what an AMAZING collection!! I saw most of the `exclusive' videos on VH1 a day before I got the album myself. I didn't actually think the anthology album was going to be released here, so I was very surprised and ecstatic when I saw it here. B Day Deluxe Edition has actually been released as a CD + DVD here, so we don't get the 2nd CD like you guys. But I don't like remixes, so it's cool.

Beyonce is the hottest woman in showbiz! No one can sing better, dance better, and still look so electrifyingly hot while doing it!! She really put a lot of work into most of these videos, and I'm sure it cost a fortune too. "Beautiful Liar" is HOT! Beyonce and Shakira go so well together, and it's cute that they look similar in the video. One thing I noticed while watching the videos is that Beyonce's body is in peak condition! Her legs are amazing - she is my motivation when I work out! Hehe. I love this video album, and I will treasure it forever, it's such a perfect gift for the fans. Well done B, you truly are a superstar.
on January 9, 2008
I have to say that I love Beyonce' B'Day Anthology Video Album!!!...She put a lot of work into making these videos in such a short time...And, I for one am very pleased that she put this out...I watch the DVD everyday while I do my treadmill workout....All the songs in the beginning are fast paced...With the exception of Flaws and All...Then at the end the last two songs are slow....Just in time for my cool down...Watching the videos makes my workout go by so much faster...I love it!!!.If you're a fan of Beyonce' I think you'll enjoy having this in your collection of DVD's:)