5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerizing
Published 12 months ago by divashalo

2.0 out of 5 stars I love her!!! but this is boring.
One of her more boring DVDs. I would buy a different one if I had to repurchase a Beyonce concert on DVD. Plus, her outfit is weird.
Published on October 26, 2010 by Patrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerizing, December 20, 2013
divashalo (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beyonce: I Am... Yours - An Intimate Performance in the Encore Theater (DVD)
To all those who gave this DVD a poor rating because it was supposedly boring, I beg of you: what did you expect? After all, it is called "an intimate performance at the encore theater". For those of you who are unfamiliar with the encore theater at the Wynn, it is a small venue that has a maximum capacity of 200 or so. So don't expect this to be a big budget production like the rest of the shows on her I am...world tour. I personally loved this show. It gave her an opportunity to really connect with her fans and perform songs that she's never done live before like resentment, that's why you're beautiful, and satellites. So yes, the set list is ballad heavy but that doesn't mean it's boring and if you think so, you're missing the whole point. It is these more mellow numbers on I am...that are often overlooked that she wanted to spotlight with this intimate showcase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A complete artist, a superb and inspiring performance, September 5, 2010
After watching The Beyonce Experience Live [Blu-ray] a couple of months ago, I became a huge fan of Beyonce, in fact so much so that I was afraid to watch this DVD, for fear that it would be a disappointing anti-climax. I'm relieved and delighted to report that my fears were unfounded, and Beyonce has delivered yet again!

I'm now thoroughly convinced that Beyonce is a complete performing artist: a natural beauty (luck of the genes, plus great styling doesn't hurt), a vocalist as good as anyone out there, a dancer strong enough to keep up with her professional dancers, an innovative songwriter with a surprisingly diverse range, an effective team builder and leader, and a visionary with the imagination and creativity needed to put all of the pieces together in a way that results in harmonious synergy.

Focusing on this performance in particular, the first half consists mostly of vulnerable ballads which really showcase Beyonce's sublime vocal ability. In the second half, she gives us a chronological medley of many of her up-tempo hits, accompanied by comments about the genesis of the songs, so that we effectively get a capsule autobiography. All of this contributes to successfully delivering the intimate performance Beyonce was aiming for.

And please don't forget to watch the DVD bonus material which describes the concept beyond this performance and the preparation that went into it. It confirms what you may have already inferred: Beyonce knows in detail what she wants to achieve artistically, she works extremely hard to achieve it, and she expects her team to commit to a similar level of effort.

If you want to experience one of the great performing artists of our time, don't miss this DVD. What a privelege it would be to see Beyonce perform live or, better yet, to meet her in person!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful dvd purchase and beautiful performance., January 30, 2013
I was a little unsure if I would like this when I first purchased it, but after I watched it I was extremely satisfied with it. Sometimes you buy an intimate performance for an artist and they don't entertain you as much or you hate the way they do their songs in the performance. I was very pleased that this was not an issue with this dvd. It was a very special performance that actually goes through her career and she gives you some very intimate details on what people have told her about her albums and why she strives so hard to entertain everybody. I also found it very awesome that she could have a performance in this style because their are not very many artists that could pull off a performance like this. Some people will sugar-coat performances just because of who is performing, but I've never found it honest to do that. I am not sugar-coating this concert at all. It takes a lot of talent to actually pull off this kind of performance and Beyonce did it as if it took nothing for her to do. I find it a very satisfying dvd and I would recommend this dvd to everyone who enjoys Beyonce and wants to see how an artist can truly up the stakes in the way of intimate performances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this DVD, May 18, 2012
I've watched it several times and never gets tired of watching it. :) this is better than the World Tour DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, December 30, 2011
Beyonce out does herself on this one! The small intimate setting compliments her raw talent perfectly. Her voice is just beatiful. She gives 110% the entire show. The setting doesnt allow for all the theatrics the larger stage does, but you would never know it from Beyonce. Well worth the money!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal!, September 18, 2011
This is one of her best. Once again she delivers live. The audio of this show is fantastic. I really love the way she kept the show intimate with all of the acoustics and live instruments of the show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bey is absolutely awesome!, July 29, 2011
I really like many of Beyonce's performances; she is truly the artistic entertainer she has set out to be! :`) TS

5.0 out of 5 stars BEYONC'E, January 19, 2010
BOY WHAT TALENT AND BEAUTY. IF YOU HAVE NOT BROUGHT THIS, DO NOT HESITATE. THIS IS A GREAT CONCERT FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END. BEYONC'E GIVES IT HER ALL EACH TIME. I CAN WATCH THIS ONE OVER AND OVER!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars U N B E L I E V A B L E, January 2, 2010
As usual. Beyonce' is the best, if you like her, go for it. Money very well worth.

5.0 out of 5 stars W.O.W., September 28, 2010
I first saw a short YouTube clip of the performance of "Bootylicious" and "Survivor" from this DVD -- the clip was so impressive and mind-blowing that I decided to get the DVD.

I really like the two audio CDs that came along with the DVD. So far I've been listening to the second CD non-stop (I haven't even viewed the DVD yet!).

None of Beyonce's naysayers and haters could match (let alone) top her performance here.

Beyonce: I Am... Yours - An Intimate Performance in the Encore Theater