- File Size: 246 KB
- Print Length: 71 pages
- Publisher: Random House (May 9, 2011)
- Publication Date: May 9, 2011
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004ZAA3KS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#854,914 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #412 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Politics & Social Sciences
- #434 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Political Freedom
- #762 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Terrorism
Random House LLC
This price was set by the publisher
Beyond Bin Laden: America and the Future of Terror Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
More About the Author
From 2003 to 2007, Dr. Markey held the South Asia portfolio on the Secretary's Policy Planning Staff at the U.S. Department of State. Prior to government service, he taught in the Department of Politics at Princeton University, where he served as executive director of Princeton's Research Program in International Security. Earlier, he was a postdoctoral fellow at Harvard's Olin Institute for Strategic Studies.
Dr. Markey is the author of numerous publications, including the February 2013 CFR Policy Innovation Memorandum, Support Process Over Policy in Pakistan; the September 2011 CFR Asia Security Memorandum, Pakistan Contingencies; the May 2011 CFR Policy Innovation Memorandum, Next Steps for Pakistan Strategy; the January 2010 CFR Contingency Planning Memorandum, Terrorism and Indo-Pakistani Escalation; and a chapter of the Random House e-book, Beyond bin Laden: America and the Future of Terror. He served as project director of the CFR-sponsored Independent Task Force on U.S. strategy in Pakistan and Afghanistan, which was co-chaired by former Deputy Secretary of State Richard L. Armitage and former National Security Advisor Samuel R. Berger. Dr. Markey's commentary has been featured widely, including in the New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and Los Angeles Times. He has appeared on PBS, CNN, BBC, NPR, CBS, ABC, and C-SPAN.
Dr. Markey earned a bachelor's degree in international studies from The Johns Hopkins University and a doctorate in politics from Princeton University. He has been awarded grants from the Smith Richardson and MacArthur foundations to support his research.
Top Customer Reviews
Bing West with some good strategic advice from a guy whose been there done that and Andrew Exum and Richard Haass who give some more than adequate insights based on their extensive experience on Middle-Eastern and Islamic issues.
As with all books like this which comment on major public events immediately after they have occurred, this compilation could benefit from a good "simmering", allowing time for the proceeding events to play themselves out and for the writers involved to more carefully peruse and analyse the information available IOT give the best critical analysis imaginable. This is not saying bad things about the quality of the writing. It is merely saying that this book is set to be a money-maker because of its proximity to the events though the sheer haste in which it was written may be to the detriment (here, I am happy to be proven wrong) of the text's quality.
This is all a la the ridiculous amount of Assange and Wikileaks books that materialised in bookshops immediately after the explosion of the Assange rape controversy... some of its good, some of it could benefit from an extra 2 minutes on the stove.
Nevertheless, a good read, and slightly undercooked or not, I guzzled it up greedily.
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Commentary & Opinion
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Political Freedom
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Terrorism
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Politics & Social Sciences
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Political Freedom
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Terrorism