Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Beyond Ourselves (Catherine Marshall Library)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 2, 1999
I read this book nearly 30 years ago, and it lifted me out of depression, and put me back on track as a Christian. I have been a fan of Catherine Marshall's work ever since. She wrote with such honesty about her own feelings and failures as well as her many successes, giving the praise to God always.
on May 4, 2006
What a legacy this woman of God left before she went home to heaven. Her life was a life of the right priorities. This anointed book will draw many people closer to God as they read the insight she shares. Reading about the testimonies of others who have overcome encourages you in your walk with the Lord Jesus.

Another theme from Holy Scripture that she emphasizes throughout the book is love, i.e., love for God and for other people. In fact, love for God will cause these other matters to fall into place appropriately. The motivation, desire, and focus will naturally flow out of a heart that loves God.
on February 12, 2003
This is an awesome book. Answers some basic question of how God can allow the horrible things to happen here on Earth. How to forgive those who have hurt you. A must read.
on October 14, 1999
This book is so simply written, and views God so simply, that the whole thing really appealed to me. The simple concepts of prayers and how to reach God, as well as how to place God in your life are really easy. The many spiritual stories and accounts are very hard to quit reading. Very excellent! Very easy to read!
on October 21, 2006
This book propelled me to go deeper in my personal walk with God. It was instrumental in my understanding on faith, surrender, forgivenss and love. Since then I have given this book out to many folks struggling in their faith and it has been such a blessing. Though written in 1961 it is as fresh as the day it was written.
on December 14, 1998
I have enjoyed this book for over forty years and and shared it with many people experiencing depression, illness, lack of direction , or in search of a deeper faith. Catherine's very personal stories have proven to be very helpful to me and many of my friends.
on December 16, 2002
It is amazing how God reveals divine healing power through Ms. Catherine's "Beyond Our Selves". Every time I feel down, God has used the book words to lift me - no - to let me soar up in the spirit. This treasure embraces divine healing power to emotional hurts, discouragement, confusion, depression, self-worthlessness, grieve. Truely, God's word never returns empty.
on April 11, 1999
I read this for a class project but instead it changed me. Even through a quick reading I was challenged and quite moved by personal stories and biblical truths put in a new light. I plan to read it again and again to reveal new ideas each time!
on August 3, 2007
I've read tons of books, and this one is the most helpful I've come across in relation to practical Christianity. Anyone trying to figure out how to go "deeper" with God will find encouragement, humor, empathy, and passion. Catherine Marshall tells her stories in the most colorful way - uniquely true stories that will touch your heart.
on June 27, 2013
This book made me look deeper into myself, see my faults and pray that God will deliver me from "self." It is showing us how we must depend totally on God and the work of the Holy Spirit. Anyone who wants to get closer to Jesus would love this book. We can see how living our lives is not about "us", but about God, who is Sovereign.