Go behind the scenes with your insider’s access to the high-pressure, high-stakes business of professional sport.
In Beyond the Scoreboard, Rick Horrow, sport business analyst for Fox Sports, Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Businessweek, and the BBC and host of PBS Nightly Business Report’s “Beyond the $coreboard,” and Horrow Sports Ventures’ vice president Karla Swatek take you to the boardrooms, negotiating tables, and executive suites of sport’s most influential powerbrokers.
Beyond the Scoreboard tackles sport’s hot-button topics head on. You’ll see
• how sponsors measure return on investment with sport organizations;
• how pro teams negotiate with governments to make a stadium deal;
• the effect of the sport facility building boom on teams’ bottom lines;
• how sport agents try to maximize the value of their in-demand clients; and
• the effect on teams and fans of revolutionary changes in modern ticket selling.
Whether you are one of the millions of people who play fantasy sports or you just want to know more about how your favorite teams determine their strategies, you’ll learn how the experts make deals happen.
And with engaging sidebars and exclusive interviews from the most powerful figures in sport, including Roger Goodell, David Stern, Brian France, and Gary Bettman, you’ll gain expert analysis from people who have played leadership roles in some of the most intense negotiations and lucrative business deals in sport history.
There’s nobody better equipped to explain what it takes to be a success in sport marketing, sponsorships, facility financing, or generating media coverage than Rick Horrow, the Sports Professor. In Beyond the Scoreboard, Horrow and Swatek provide you with an all-access pass to the multibillion-dollar world of professional sport.