5.0 out of 5 stars The first and best guide for family business, March 9, 2005
Harrison Hine (Tequesta, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beyond Survival, a Guide for Business Owners and Their Families (Paperback)
I first read this book in the early 1990's. It was an eye opener for me. It spoke right to my heart with the issues that I was dealing with at that time.

Dr. Danco started an entire industry of family business advisors that now help families deal with the issues of succession of management and power. However, his work is still the best.

Do yourself a favor. If you have your own business, read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Survival, a guide for Business Owners & their Families, June 26, 2007
Angelo George (Mountain Lakes, NJ, USA) - See all my reviews
As an entrepreneur who started a Family owned Business strugling with business succession planning, this booked helped the rest of the Family to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book on Family Business, December 21, 2010
This is the best book that I've read on family businesses. I've read many business books, including many that focus on family businesses and small companies, but this book offers a better in-depth view and real practical solutions to many common problems. Clay Mathile, billionaire and founder of the Iams Co., stated that this was one of his favorite books and I can easily see why. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that owns, or will own, a family business.

5.0 out of 5 stars If I die tomorrow... Preventing a Family Disaster, May 29, 2011
The Happy Artist (Northern New York) - See all my reviews
The business I have spent the last 10 years building? No one in my family could run it, and if they tried to sell it, they wouldn't get what it's worth, in fact it would probably cause as much heartache to get rid of my inventory and shut it down as my death itself. So my grieving widow and kids would be faced with this burden also. And God only knows what grief the legal system and IRS would do... (And I keep very good books with Quicken!)

Reading this book has set me on the path to make sure that this particular disaster doesn't happen. Worth every penny.

Beyond Survival, a Guide for Business Owners and Their Families
Beyond Survival, a Guide for Business Owners and Their Families by Leon A. Danco (Paperback - September 2, 2003)
$15.95 $13.56