Most helpful positive review
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Pitch Perfect - New Entrepreneurs, Read This!
on July 10, 2012
I am a burning first-time entrepreneur, obsessed with my product. Before reading this book, I had no clear idea this was good, even great. Instead, I mostly worried they were defects in my business sensibility or character.
I met the author days before buying the eBook. He gave a remarkably clear and cogent opening talk at #BigBoulder. We had 15 minutes of one-on-one discussions about financing my start-up. He gave me advice I immediately started using. Before I was home I owned this book, which is a compilation of blog posts from FeldThought [...], a very popular blog for investors and founders alike.
What did I like most about this book?
- Accessible: the post-length chapters with 1-2 comments make for digestible bits of insight.
- On target: 95% of the tidbits were relevant to the challenges I face daily.
- Reassuring: My challenges are normal and some/many of my past decisions were good ones.
- Funny: Humor is a great way to teach.
- Self-effacing: this is a virtue in any teacher
- Comprehensive yet concise: it covered a lot of the areas I needed immediate advice on
I would write more, but I need to start another Feld book to keep on building what I have learned so far.