5.0 out of 5 stars Pitch Perfect - New Entrepreneurs, Read This!
I am a burning first-time entrepreneur, obsessed with my product. Before reading this book, I had no clear idea this was good, even great. Instead, I mostly worried they were defects in my business sensibility or character.

Published on July 10, 2012 by Stuart Shulman

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible.
This thing is basically a bunch of twitter posts, blog posts, etc mashed up to form a "book". Is there any meat here? No, this is all so obvious.

Also, the self promotion and promotion of the portfolio was beyond tiring.
Published 22 months ago by D. Peters

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible., January 26, 2013
D. Peters (Dallas, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beyond The Blog: Brad Feld's Burning Entrepreneur: How to Launch, Fund, and Set (Paperback)

Also, the self promotion and promotion of the portfolio was beyond tiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pitch Perfect - New Entrepreneurs, Read This!, July 10, 2012

I met the author days before buying the eBook. He gave a remarkably clear and cogent opening talk at #BigBoulder. We had 15 minutes of one-on-one discussions about financing my start-up. He gave me advice I immediately started using. Before I was home I owned this book, which is a compilation of blog posts from FeldThought [...], a very popular blog for investors and founders alike.

What did I like most about this book?

- Accessible: the post-length chapters with 1-2 comments make for digestible bits of insight.
- On target: 95% of the tidbits were relevant to the challenges I face daily.
- Reassuring: My challenges are normal and some/many of my past decisions were good ones.
- Funny: Humor is a great way to teach.
- Self-effacing: this is a virtue in any teacher
- Comprehensive yet concise: it covered a lot of the areas I needed immediate advice on

I would write more, but I need to start another Feld book to keep on building what I have learned so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful Thoughts for Entrepreneurs, April 22, 2012
Great insights for new and seasoned entrepreneurs. Whether thinking about your first start-up or launching the next one, this book contains solid feedback and opinions from an experienced and successful VC. Having transitioned from a Fortune 500 company to my first start-up, I felt Brad's book personally relevant. His thoughts on marketing and "being the CEO of your job" were exceptional takeaways for me. Hyperlinks to sources and additional background info in the digital edition make it easy to dig deeper when you want.

I really enjoyed reading Burning Entrepreneur and highly recommend it - a quick but worthwhile read.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent investment of both my time and money!, May 21, 2012
Brad Felds lives the values he teaches and ships great products. The burning entrepreneur is a great example of everything that he believes in. It is written in his own voice, short, to the point and most importantly contains real actionable information with no high falutin mumbo jumbo guru speak padding it.

I've read his blog for years and can tell you that Brad always speaks his mind and his heart and really understands what it takes to be a real entrepreneur. If you have ever wanted to pick a world class brain for a hour or two on what it takes to succeed in the Start-up world, here's your chance!

5.0 out of 5 stars Burn the ships - there is no escape, May 21, 2012
Just finished reading Burning Entrepreneur by Brad Feld. It's a short read and was able to finish in a couple hours plus a 6-mile cycle on the elliptical machine at the gym. Written in Brad's typical style, it provides extremely useful advice to both the beginning and experience entrepreneur backed up with real life stories. I particularly enjoyed Chapter 4: Ignorance is Success, where Brad discussed why entrepreneur's need to not get distracted by all the talk about tech bubbles, ignore the stock market, and ignore the naysayers. This reminded me about a talk that I heard from Phil Libin, CEO of Evernote, at SXSW last March. Phil indicated that there is never a better time to start a company. I also greatly enjoyed Brad's discussion on being obsessed with your product and how if you're product stinks, no amount of marketing is going to fix it.

My advice - go download the Burning Entrepreneur - NOW! Read it tonight and keep it loaded up in whatever device you own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice compilation of Brad posts, January 2, 2014
I like this book since it is a really quick easy to read compilation of some of Brad Feld's posts on his blog and has really good advice to get started. As angel investor I find his insights really useful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute junk, August 29, 2013
Nobody will ever confuse Brad Feld with a deep thinker. This "book" is a bunch of propaganda blog posts, all of them drivel. It actually hurts to read this junk.

In the 21st century, "entrepreneurship"--whatever that means--is the new snake oil. It's a compound of self-help, business and fake idealism. Perfect for 20 year-olds who live at home.

This book is cheap hucksterism. AVOID.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Book on Startups, April 8, 2013
As a startup entrepreneur, for me this has been the most helpful book I've ever read on the topic - highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, March 29, 2013
From beginning till end I was note taking and generally becoming increasingly antsy to set my startup on fire. Don't miss this read it, digest it, Evernote it, and then execute.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read., February 11, 2013
This is a compendium of posts from Brad's blog with comments from various startup gurus. Opinions vary and this book highlights that wonderfully. You will learn.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›