Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

• Customer Reviews

on November 27, 2010
So far, I'm very pleased with this folding bed frame, which is both sturdy and easy to move around or store. I was tired of the four poster twin bed I was sleeping in making squealing and squeaking noises all night whenever I moved or turned over, and the wooden bed slats under the box spring constantly falling out and needing to be replaced. Since it was also difficult for me to move and vacuum under the heavy wooden bed, I decided I needed a more portable and lighter weight bed frame. The metal on this is very nicely made and heavy duty, with built in support throughout the center, without the need for using slats, and able to hold much more weight and stress without squeaking than lighter weight standard metal frames. I'm not a tiny woman, so when it came I was a little concerned about how much exactly it would hold, especially if one tosses and turns a lot at night, so I got my older adult son who is around 5 ft 6 and weighs about 150 to sit and lie on it, and he even bounced up and down quite a few times and the bed did not squeak, nor any of the metal appear to be bending, weak or stressed whatever.

It has a deep dark brown, ( although labeled on the box as black ) very smooth and shiny powder coating, which is really simple and nice looking, and the bed is very easy to move around, allowing me lift it and the mattress easily, move them to the side, and vacuum under it. It's also simple to fold it up and store it completely away in a closet, if needed. I agree with others who have reviewed these bed frames, however, that if you're used to a higher bed, the standard height, be aware that even though this can comfortably be used with only a good quality mattress, meaning without a foundation ( box spring ), it will then be much lower to the floor than whatever traditional bed you were used to. Overall this is a very nice quality heavy-duty metal bed frame, similar to a platform bed, and well worth the price.

Edited on June 4, 2011 to add:
Now that I have a better mattress, a Kingsdown 10 inch individual coil, I like this bed frame even better since the added mattress height makes it exactly the same height from floor up as regular beds without using a foundation at all ( no box spring, in other words ). I've slept on it every night since purchasing the bed and it does not make any sound whatever when I roll over or get up or down and is very sturdy with no sag. Lots of storage room under the bed, too, if one needed it. Perfect!

Edited on March 24, 2012 to add: I've had this bed frame for over a year now and sleep on it every night. It's still just as sturdy as the day I bought it and is holding up beautiful. No creaking or swaying at all! Quality item!
33 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2015
Didn't want to spend $600+ on a new twin bed frame and mattress and/or box spring, and didn't want to pay delivery and setup charges to a local store, or scramble around begging friends for help in doing it myself. This came folded in half...no assembly required...just screw on the nuts on the braces on the 4 corners. VERY stable, yet lightweight and easy to move. No box spring needed. Paired this up with a Signature Sleep Contour 8" twin mattress at the Amazon suggestion of "frequently bought together." For just a $220 investment and very minimal effort on my part setting up, I've got one of the most wonderfully comfortable beds I've ever slept on! Whooda thought you could get a FABULOUS complete bed delivered right to your door from Amazon?!

My only complaint was that it came a day later than promised by my Amazon Prime. Amazon made it right by extending my Prime membership by a month, but I still had to sleep on the new mattress on the floor the first night. Pets loved it, and I felt like a hippy again! The mattress and several other things I'd ordered came via UPS...ON TIME. The late bed frame came FedEx....did I mention LATE? Boo for FedEx. Yay UPS, Amazon, Pragma and Signature Sleep!!!
review image
on August 23, 2010
I am not a very strong person. I was concerned that it would take help to set this bed frame up. It did not. I opened the box, pulled out the first section, popped it open and set it up. I did the same with the second section, then fastened them together. We put a full-size mattress on it and life is good. It is 14 inches off the ground, and that is relatively tall, so you should be prepared for that. Even with no box spring, that is pretty high. However, that creates storage space underneath, which is convenient. I added a quilted skirt to hide the books I stored under the bed.
on April 20, 2012
It arrived in a tiny box very light I carried it 2floors with ease. I was worried that it would be tiny coz of the box but when I started setting it up(took me 3minutes) I couldn't believe how it transformed it was like a David Blaine magic trick. Even called my girl to test stability if you know what I mean and it was steady. Great buy
on June 20, 2015
I set this up all on my own, yay! I been using this daily, holding up well last two weeks, I have a foam mattress and have no issues so far. I have hard tile so I don't see issue on my floor so far.

Update I've had my bed for two months now. I have a foam mattress and love how the two go together, but after awhile I am feeling the bars under and bought a plywood to go between the bed and the mattress and ohh love it. I would not hesitate to tell someone who wants storage on the bottom and no worries of a heavy bed they can't move them self but recommend them to purchase plywood. To some it's not a deal breaker to others they may look into a bed with more bars in between so their is no gaps. (My mattress started to squeeze between the bars). Maybe a bed with more wider bars and less space between would make this bed the ultimate! But for now a 9 dollar piece of wood solved this problem and I don't have to worry about sagging beds and I have tons of storage!!
So this bed was all set up by me byself including the plywood. The plywood was a bit of a chore by myself but my car is very close to the door. If plywood is heavy maybe get it cut in half an after thought after I bought mine.
Pictures are the totes under my bed. 14 inches or less. I have 6 and love the storage! The plywood between and the finish bed with the skirt that hides everything very well. I love the skirt by the way it's ajustible for king to twin. So if I buy a bigger bed or to interchange between beds this is cool made my better homes and garden.
review image review image review image
on September 25, 2010
Arrived on-time. Very easy to put together. It took 15 minutes from unpacking the box to putting the mattress on top of it. Light weight. Sturdy. Good height. This is ideal for someone who expects to be moving around alot. Also, the two pieces could be used to make two separate beds if needed in a pinch.
on July 1, 2010
It's everything they advertise. I am going to buy a larger one this month, because my daughter liked this one and I gave it to her. Now I want to get a queen size as well. It's a perfect support for a futon mattress or some other mattress where you want to use it as a bed, but you don't want a box spring. Yay! I wish Amazon had them prime! They are light weight and very easy to set up.
on March 9, 2014
This frame is guaranteed to hold up to 2300 pounds. Yes, over a ton! Despite the fact my husband, our mattress, and I do not even weight close to 1000 pounds, the frame bent badly after less than a year, creating a crater. Despite the manufacturer's claim that Satisfaction is Guaranteed, I can't get a rep to help us. Phone calls and emails are not returned.
on December 13, 2014
Out of box multiple rivets were broken. I am surprised that they used such weak rivets to hold such a heavy sturdy frame together. I replaced the rivets with screws. After using the screws on the broken rivets the frame works wonderful. It folds nicely and is very sturdy. Overall this is a good product. The rivets seem to be the weakest part but are easily replaced with screws when they break. 3 stars because it was broken when I took it out of box. Would have been 5 otherwise.
on November 20, 2013
I bought this b/c my spouse has several health issues that makes it difficult to sleep in the same room with him; after months of sleeping on couches which aggravated my back, I purchased this so I could get a real mattress to sleep on. This is perfect. It shipped quickly. It is surprisingly very flat when folded. It is light enough for 1 person (even with back issues) to set up, and it requires no tools or mechanical know-how. I bought this in a twin size and purchased a pillow top mattress that stands 15". I didn't need the box spring at all. I'm 5-4 and 190lbs ; I was surprised at how tall this is. I can easily get on and off my mattress without any problems and it supports my weight and the mattress without any sinkage. This is very sturdy. Should my husband get his sleeping issues taken care of, I can fold this back up and put it in my attic. Or it can fold up easily to put in a car so my kids can take this to college. If I had anything to criticize, the only thing I can really say is that the mattress slides off it it very easily. The frame doesn't have sides to keep the mattress from moving around so you really have to watch getting on or off the mattress in such a way that it doesn't slide out from under you. With my back issues, I have to be able to push against the mattress to stand so I have my frame against a wall. but, overall, this is a very convenient frame and perfect for my usage.