5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and affordable printing of the Word of God
Published on May 5, 2007 by E. Willi

1.0 out of 5 stars MISPRINT, VERY DISAPPOINTED
I have been shopping on Amazon for years and I am totally disappointed with this purchase. While the Bible is indeed Giant Print, it is replete with misprints and missing scriptures for e.g. Psalms 55:17-22. Totally unacceptable for a Bible.
Published 14 months ago by Kimberly Gonzales

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and affordable printing of the Word of God, May 5, 2007
This is a GIANT-print (15.5-pt.), beautifully printed edition of the King James Version of the Holy Bible. Such a pleasure to read! Large 8 1/2 x 11 book; text-only (no marginal notes); great font; words of Christ in RED; includes Dictionary/Concordance, colored Maps, "How the Bible Came to Us", "Why Read the Bible?", Daily Bible Readings, Presentation Page; available in Black or Burgundy; printed in the U.S. by National Publishing Company, the same company that for decades has printed the "Gideons Bibles" made available in hotel rooms.

Also consider KJV Bibles published by the American Bible Society. bibles dot com

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wise Buy, July 5, 2008
This review is from: Holy Bible, Giant Print Deluxe Edition: King James Version (Leather Bound)
My 15 yr old son chose this Bible for his Father for Fathers Day. Our hopes were not let down. It is an excellent buy. A quality leather cover with large print, Words of Christ in red. This Bible will last a very long time. Has some excellent features to it also. For example maps, concordance & dictionary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Readable Bible, April 7, 2010
BrianS (California) - See all my reviews
I just got this large bible in the mail -- delivered on time. It's floppy and heavy. However, the print is wonderfully large, as advertised. For an old guy like myself this is a blessing. It's about the size of a piece of copy paper (8.5x11) so you won't be putting it in your pocket. While the pages are thin, they're not flimsy. I noticed a few maps of the holy land and the Mediterranean at the back, but no other illustrations. As long as this is a true King James version (some deviate) I'll be very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For People With Bad Eyesight!, June 29, 2011
Rosalie Smith (Los Angeles, California) - See all my reviews
I purchased this large print version on accident! But since my neighbor who goes to my church has really bad eyesight, I asked her if she would like it. She is so happy with it! She says the text is really perfect and large enough that she can see it without straining! This is the first time she has been able to read the Bible on her own in years. Usually she listens to it on audiobook or someone else reads it to her. This is the best accidental careless purchase I've ever made. She says to recommend it to anyone with poor eyesight who loves the Lord's word. (We both like King James version best too.)

1.0 out of 5 stars MISPRINT, VERY DISAPPOINTED, September 29, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Great!!, December 10, 2010
I have seen this Bible or one just like it, a couple of times throughout the years. The large print really was an interest to me, at this stage of my life. But the real leather was also a deal sealer, because I use my Bible very often. I absolutely love it, it's perfect for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice for readers with vision impairments., November 20, 1998
By A Customer
This is one of the best values I have seen for the Super Giant Print Bibles. It is a top-notch choice for the friend or loved-one who desires to read the Bible but has difficulty seeing smaller print. The print in this Bible is over 15 point, making it very easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Bible, February 25, 2006
Anthony L. Willis (Orange County, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I like the large text as well as the weight of the book. This is not a small book if you are concerned about weight. It is very nice. Jesus words are in red in this book. A friend of mine purchased one similar to the presentation edition offered here and the red text was not there and he was disappointed. I purchased this one for him as well. I give bibles as gifts to Christ believers and think that I will send this to many more people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge Bible, August 9, 2008
Great Bible...a little flimsy, but affordable and large print - it makes it really nice to read! Has maps in the back...KJV - the best!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rare and beautiful Bible!!, November 20, 2010
Updated Review:

If you want a simple, giant print KJV, uncluttered with publisher's gimmicks, this is one (it still has the "words of Christ" in red though, and chapter headings at the top of the page). Another thing that is hard to find is a KJV that is not self-pronouncing, but this is one as well.

The book is huge: pages are 8.5 x 11. The print is large, but not overwhelming. Overall it is beautiful Bible. A rare find. I think the size of the Bible sets it apart as a book and is inline with the first publication in 1611 in this respect (it was a big book as well).

I ordered the leather bound and it is nice, I like it; I don't think it is plastic, but I think it is bonded leather. Some may think it feels like plastic, but I like it, it seems tougher than other bonded Bibles I have had. It is a bit slippery. The binding has cracked inside about where the last and first page meets the cover, common with poor bindings. Sad. But after almost two years of daily use this is all that has happened. I think it is going to hold up ok. The gilding on these is nice. This ones comes with a box, and the cheaper one does not.

We ordered some of the cheaper ones at $12 or so, and they are a bit poor overall. The covers are like paper not vinyl; these covers will not last and are ugly. One idea is to cover them in leather with some contact cement, but we have not tried it. The gilding on the edges is ugly on the cheaper ones as well; it looks cheap and yellow. But for the price they do have nice Bible paper. Hard call. We still bought two; These are a rare find at a good price.

We have found the best source for travel size KJV Bibles to be a non-profit: Trinitarian Bible Society. They sell a calfskin leather Bible with a sewn binding for $30! The text size is OK. It is the "Windsor" item 25U.

Holy Bible, Giant Print Deluxe Edition: King James Version
Holy Bible, Giant Print Deluxe Edition: King James Version by National Publishing Company (Leather Bound - November 30, 2000)
$64.99 $46.48