Published on May 16, 2010 by Rick Shaq Goldstein

3.0 out of 5 stars Sure, I Laughed, But Is That A Recommendation?
This book made me laugh.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend it because I'm a pastor of a church and recommending this book would completely destroy the credibility that I have painstakingly built over many years (but only actually exists in my imagination).

Parts of this book are gross and inappropriate and very profane (take chapter 4, for...
Published on June 3, 2010 by Daniel L. Marler

5.0 out of 5 stars RICK "SHAQ" GOLDSTEIN SAYS: "HILARIOUS BULL'S-EYE ATTACK ON POLITICS & LIFE IN GENERAL WITHOUT TV CENSORSHIP!", May 16, 2010
Anyone who is a fan of the quick-witted host of Fox News Channel's "RED EYE" will laugh even harder than usual as you read Greg's unfettered attacks and dissection of everything from the media's love affair with Obama... to condoms... to pets... to religion... to obesity... to kids... to sex... to crimes... to death row... and even people who sit in trees in Berkeley... and everything in between. All of these varied topics are sprinkled with the author's parenthetical humor which is like icing on the proverbial cake.

In discussing the media's relationship with Obama Gutfeld writes: "IF YOU FOUND OUT THAT YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND, WHO HAPPENED TO BE MEGAN FOX, WORKED WITH ACORN, HUNG AROUND WITH A RADICAL LEFTIST/BOMBER, AND USED TO DO COKE BACK IN COLLEGE-WOULD YOU CARE?... OF COURSE YOU WOULDN'T! IT'S MEGAN FOX!!!... CONGRATULATIONS: YOU'RE NOW THE NEW YORK TIMES." The author also takes a very strong stand on how the media and protestors manipulate the truth about anything relating to war such as when the New York Times had a front page article on American war vets of modern wars: "THE TIMES SAYS THEY'RE ALL HOMICIDAL MANIACS, COMMITTING UP TO 121 MURDERS TOTAL, STATESIDE. BUT THIS IS THE "TIMES", OF COURSE, SO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY LEAVE OUT IS ALWAYS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT THEY LEAVE IN. I'M TALKING CONTEXT. OH-AND SOUL. IN THE NEW YORK POST, WRITER ANDY SOLTIS, ALONG WITH OTHER BLOGGERS, POINTED OUT THAT THE MURDER RATE FOR RETURNING VETS IS ONLY ONE-FIFTH THAT OF YOUNG AMERICANS WHO DID NOT FIGHT. THE TAKE-HOME MESSAGE: IF YOU WANT TO MAKE PEACE, MAKE WARRIORS."

All the subjects are not as serious as this... such as the unfair depiction of squirrels as compared to rats... his recommendation of opening an amusement park based entirely of STD's... and the more serious... and ludicrous example of Beachwood, Ohio... "THE CITY RECENTLY DECIDED TO CANCEL ITS ALL-STAR BASEBALL GAME FOR KIDS AGES NINE TO TWELVE. APPARENTLY, SOME ADULTS FELT SUCH GAMES HURT THE SELF-ESTEEM OF PLAYERS NOT CHOSEN."... "OF COURSE, (THE CITY) FAILS TO REALIZE THAT NOT BEING CHOSEN MIGHT ACTUALLY CAUSE THAT CHILD TO WORK HARDER AND PREPARE HIM FOR THE ROUGH VAGARIES OF LIFE... *"AND NOW EVERYONE IS A STAR-BUT NO ONE IS GOOD AT ANYTHING."*

But the minute the reader is appreciating Greg critiquing a meaty subject he adroitly makes a comment such as David Beckham's wife is "SOMETHING RESEMBLING EYEBALLS ON A STICK." Regardless of the subject matter Greg can't hide his unrelenting attraction to unicorns and perhaps the most intriguing bit of info the reader will be left with is: "IN THE EARLY NINETIES HIS PROFESSIONAL NAME WAS CHUBS McFISTY."

5.0 out of 5 stars EFX Devotee/TV Star/Author, May 14, 2010
Mr. Gutfeld works out at the same gym I do, and even though the tvs are always tuned to liberal channels, he never asks that they be changed (this gym is the old-fashioned, authoritarian type where channel changing by non-employees is verboten). This indicates to me that he is a patient man. Also, he is not one of those celebrities who seeks adulation while pretending not to seek it. This indicates to me that he is a humble man. His tv show is funny. This indicates to me that he is a funny man. Books written by patient, humble, funny men who work out at the same gym I do may be common in your experience, but they are rare in mine, so I am buying this one. I recommend you do likewise.

5.0 out of 5 stars On a scale of 1 to 10...., May 20, 2010
"The Bible of Unspeakable Truths" by Greg Gutfeld is a 283 page LOL stream of consciousness,(if by unspeakable you mean written and if by stream you mean snippett). Just read it, Just readers. "Unspeakable Truths" is entertaining while educating. Contemplation of Gutfelds "warm and soapy words" won't leave you with a headache, but your sides will be sore from laughter. This collection of common sense truths challenge the political correctness of both the lunatic left and radical right speak. Reading pages 22-24 make it worth the purchase price alone. Just buy it, Just buyers. Gutfeld hosts FOX NEWS'Red Eye. It's the hottest show on cable at 3:00AM. The style of humor on the show carries over in the book. "The Bible of Unspeakable Truths" is HILARIOUS. I'd like to say I LMAO, but I still have some left. Watch the show, you'll love the book even more. Read the book, you'll love the show even more. Just watch it, Just watchers. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd give it a 15!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars standard Gutfeld, June 21, 2010
"...for as we all know, academics are simply frill-necked lizards that have assumed human form." If you enjoy iconoclastic humor then you probably already know Greg Gutfeld. Creator and host of "Red Eye" on the Fox News Channel at 3am EST, he pretty much sets the standard today. The Bible of Unspeakable Truths reads like the script of a stand-up comedy act if you like your comedians slightly psychotic. A fun read and yet, as social observation, dead on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greg Gutfeld tells unspeakable truth: life's a fecal sandwich & you'r gonna die, May 27, 2010
No sooner than i ripped open the envelope from my mailbox that contained 'The BIBLE of Unspeakable Truths,' my neighbor ran up to me and grabbed Greg Gutfeld's book out of my hands and started rifling through the pages. Laughing to herself, she started reading out loud from the book as she followed me back to my house. For the next half hour, she read one hilarious excerpt after another (about sex, reporters, media asses, morality, racists, sports, sex, politics, celebrities, crime, drugs, stupid brats, pets, health-food...did i mention sex?) as we both howled over the human comedy we all are too familiar with but too polite to admit. Let Greg Gutfeld do it for us, he's not.

I promised my neighbor she could have my copy as soon as i read it; otherwise she would've continued reading and i wanted to make something to eat. It's a "must-have" How-To Manual on getting through life without killing somebody...or yourself. And laugh until the last unspeakable hour.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book made me lose my place I was laughing so much!, June 25, 2010
N. Sala (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
The Bible of Unspeakable Truths is pure, unadulterated Gutfeld. I could actually hear his voice through the writing. You gotta hand it to the author, it's hard to capture idiosyncrasies in print and still be funny. Most of the time it doesn't work. But this definitely works! Obviously, it would help if you're already familiar with the late-night show Red Eye and it would probably help if you swing to the right politically but these are not requirements for enjoyment.

Greg tackles a broad range of subjects, never spending more than a page or two on each; which makes the reading quite enjoyable and never tedious. Some of my favorites include: "'Meaning Well' Is a Camouflage for Ruining Your Life; "America Has No Need for David Beckham"; and "Values Are Not the Same As Truth". Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book!, May 22, 2010
Victor Davis (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
I LOVED this book. Greg Gutfeld is one of the funniest people on TV. If you're not already watching his show on Fox News, "Red Eye" then check it out ASAP. If you're already a fan of "Red Eye" then you will love this book. It had me laughing early and often. A MUST BUY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply a must read...., May 31, 2010
I'm an avid watcher of Red Eye. I DVR it every night. So, I'm pretty familiar with Greg and how his mind works. But, this book has surpassed all my expectations. Stupendous is a word I would use to describe it. I was laughing/crying by page 5.
Some may consider it an "easy read" and they would be right. But, it's fast paced and funny as hell.
And please don't review this book if you didn't even bother to read it. You may not agree with all of it, but even the pinkos will chuckle a little....

4.0 out of 5 stars What you would expect - if you'd ever seen the show., June 2, 2010
Zachary Ward (Tallahassee, Florida) - See all my reviews
Gregalouges in print.

Gutfeld is the host of the funniest show on TV. And he brings it to print. Basically a book of very short essays on a variety of topics run through the filter of a sick, smart and funny mind.

Gutfeld is the inheritor of the Republican Party Reptile mantle. The book is funny and smart. I am neither, so I enjoyed the book.

p.s. The book does not contain a photograph of Greg shooting Bill Schulz in the face, so if that is what you were looking for it is not there (and it was what I was looking for).

5.0 out of 5 stars Unspeakable Truths, May 15, 2010
Greg Gutfeld, who appears every night on his Fox News TV show "Red Eye," along with a panel of some of the funniest and respectable anchors, actors and celebrities has written his third book, and what a book it is! On his website, [...], he had a section for many years, called Greg's Unspeakable Truths, and that is where this book has come from. With a forward by Penn Jillette, that describes Greg and his crew as he best can, this book is sure to appeal to anyone who has a sense of humor, and/or enjoys his Late night show. I highly recommend it!

The Bible of Unspeakable Truths
The Bible of Unspeakable Truths by Greg Gutfeld (Hardcover - May 25, 2010)
$24.99 $10.00