Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 9, 2007 4:02:40 AM PST
On this subject, I suggest that you read Jason Kerrigan's "Restoring the Biblical Christ: Is Jesus God?" It is all about Biblical exegesis. Very insightful. The Bible does not declare that Christ is God himself.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2008 6:56:04 PM PDT
I have a friend who research the doctrine of the Trinity very thoroughly and developed a hundred-odd page notebook of his findings. I've never believed this doctrine, personally; it's both illogical and unscriptural.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2008 1:49:26 PM PDT
Ace says:
"I and the Father are One" - tells me everything I need to know about Christ's Divinity

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2009 10:42:03 PM PST
MB says:
Reply to Ace -

John 17:22 -" I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:"
Based on John 17:22 - is Jesus praying for God to now be the trinity + the 12 apostles? So God is now made of 15 people? Or could it be that God and Christ and the Disciples are one in thought, motives, reasoning, personality . . . .?

John 20:17 -"Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "
Jesus has a God. How can he be God?

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 2:15:41 PM PDT
Jo 10:30 - "I and my Father are one." The Greek word translated one - hen - means, in the Unitarian understanding, one in purpose. But a staunch Trinitarian may interpret it to mean one in essence. It always boils down to how we interpret the Bible. What does 'one' really mean? Seems like it should be a simple answer, right? But it's rarely as simple as that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 9, 2007
Latest post:  Jul 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
When Jesus Became God: The Epic Fight over Christ's Divinity in the Last Days of Rome
When Jesus Became God: The Epic Fight over Christ's Divinity in the Last Days of Rome by Richard E. Rubenstein (Hardcover - August 26, 1999)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (159)