"If you are just beginning your study of Biblical Hebrew, or if you have tried but become frustrated by the burden of learning vocabulary, this book could be just what you need to get you over the vocabulary hurdle. Give it a try and see how fast you find yourself reading verses and chapters in Hebrew!" - Amazon Review
"This book is a "must have" for anyone studying Biblical Hebrew! This book will help you learn the vocabulary and that's over half of the battle." - Lulu Review
EXPANDED AND REVISED 2013 EDITION
Brand new for 2013, this book will help you unlock Biblical Hebrew vocabulary -- the foundation for learning Hebrew!
Over 100 pages of additional content have been added that include:
- Contains over 700 Hebrew words -- including all word occurrences of 50 times or more!
- Author Preface.
- Improved formatting.
- More comprehensive Hebrew definitions.
- Instructions on how to create your own effective mnemonics.
- "Create Your Own Mnemonics" Appendix.
- High-frequency vocabulary contained in the standard vocabulary section is now denoted.
- Inclusion of all high-frequency words in the Hebrew text. Those mastering the "Bonus Vocabulary" words, along with the other denoted high-frequency vocabulary, will raise their recognition to over 80% of all Hebrew word occurrences in the Old Testament.
- Basic grammatical helps for recognition of nouns, verbs and other parts of speech.
- New information on how to manage Hebrew "homonyms."
- Improved "Read-Aloud" exercises that are more accessible to beginning students.
- More comprehensive "Homophone" challenges.
- Revised and expanded chapter notes.
- Improved example mnemonics.
- "Important Points to Remember" after every chapter containing summary ideas and helpful tips.
What does this Biblical Hebrew book on vocabulary bring to the table for you that you will not find in any other vocabulary guide? In Biblical Hebrew Vocabulary Made Easy! you will:
- Learn Hebrew vocabulary without the mechanical process of rote memory.
- Learn Hebrew more quickly an easily than you thought possible.
- Lean how to distinguish between "homophones" and "homonyms" in Hebrew - words that sound alike and words that are based on the same consonants.
- Master over 500 Hebrew words in 28 with a minimal time commitment.
- Have quick access to find any Hebrew vocabulary word with a complete Index.
- Be able to quickly review all homophones and homonyms.
- Gain confidence in your mastery of Biblical Hebrew.
These benefits are accomplished by the use of ancient "mnemonics," or memory aids, that were used for centuries prior the printing press and are now available to you to help you conquer Biblical Hebrew vocabulary.
Additional Features Include:
- Updated Mnemonics and Cross Indexing of "Homophones"
- "Read Aloud" and "Homophone Challenge" Exercises at the end of each chapter
- "Expert Advice" section from renowned Hebrew Professors
- Updated Cover