Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Biblical Walk Through the Mass (Book): Understanding What We Say and Do In The Liturgy
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 22, 2011
I understand the reasoning behind changing specifice wording of the Mass. This is a great resourse for anyone who is interested in knowing more about the Catholic faith. This book was easy to read and understand.
on August 12, 2013
Although I joined the Catholic church over 35 years ago and attend Mass at least weekly, there are many aspects of it that I did not realize or appreciate. Mr. Sri explains the significance of the words and actions of both the priest and the congregation relating directly to the Bible. The chapters are short enough to be absorbed in one reading,
on February 4, 2013
You will be inspired by this book. Dr. Sri explains every nuance of the Mass and its direct correlation to the Bible. Once you know what is happening your worship experience will be changed forever. In addition to your own personal growth you will be able to explain the Mass and its Biblical roots to all friends and family from any other denomination.
on December 23, 2011
As a practicing Catholic for over 40 years, I never quite appreciated or quite clearly understood how Mass is the center of the Catholic Faith. I knew the gestures and the responses, yet I did not know what it all meant and how to understand it in the context of scripture. Dr. Sri writes well, making the prose easy to understand and to help all Catholics renew our faith and deepen our devotion to the Eucharist. For non-Catholics, the book helps one realize the true meaning of the Mass, and why it is so central to the Catholic faith.
on June 1, 2016
An excellent guide to understanding the Mass - I'm showing the video that goes along with this book to my kids (in pieces) and then we're discussing them. I've no doubt it will greatly enhance their understanding of just what is happening at each stage of the Mass. This is the Novus Ordo as Vatican II envisioned --- wonderful explanations and very helpful to me, a cradle Catholic. Great work, Dr. Sri!
on September 18, 2011
Having attended parochial school for 9 years, I was blessed to have been taught the proper format, the symbolisms, proper attire, and behavior at Mass by wonderul, caring nuns and priests--a special reverance and memory I carry with me more than 50 years later. The is presented in a simple explanatory way that I plan to use to write articles in my Sunday church bulletin to educate others who, today, may not have the opportunity to be taught by nuns and clergy because of the shortage of people dedicated to religious life.
on January 26, 2013
I can't believe how much understanding this book gave to me about attending Mass. The why's and how's were amazing. Do you know why your priest washes his hand's during his preparation for eucharist? There is a symbolic reason. This book helps to discover the meaning of Mass. I wish every church would give them out in RCIA. A must read for a Catholic Christian seeking to understand the meanings of Mass.
on July 19, 2011
This is an easy to read book that really helps us appreciate the Biblical and Historical roots of the Mass as worship. The books provides the prayers (improved translation, 3rd edition Roman Missal) followed by an explanation of the roots and origins of that prayer. Makes you truly appreciate the rich history that comes with this 2,000 years old worship.
on September 4, 2015
As a Catholic I recommend every Catholic read this book. We go to Mass, say all the prayers and do all the things we have been taught over the years, but this tells you WHY the Catholic Mass is in the order it is. I can not believe how much I learned. Absolutely loved it.
on July 4, 2014
I was looking for a book that gave a thorough, referenced overview of the mass we celebrate each week. Edward Sri's book was exactly what I was looking for. He breaks the mass down, section by section, and explains the words and actions we take in a clear compelling manner. In particular, I was looking for a book that did not oversimplify the mass, or make it so complex that the book would take years to get through.