Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on December 4, 2013
As the title says, the lights are super bright when you start using these. But the brightness comes with two downsides:

1. The headlight is too focused -- it lets the cars know you are there, but it doesn't do a good job of letting you see the terrain at night. If you point it straight ahead, you can't see the ground; if you point it at the ground, you only light up a discrete spot.

2. The batteries drain quickly, so the light gets less bright.

I think if you are riding in an area that is well-lit at night (and you are just using the lights so that other people can see you), then these lights could be a solid option. If you are on a remote, dark trail, I think you would want something better.
22 comments347 of 365 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2013
I purchased this for my commuter type bike to use around the streets after sunset. I have to say for the pricepoint I wasnt expecting a whole lot. For twice the asking price of this item you can get a brand name headlight witout the added bonus of the tail light. This set has performed great, and I have not had any issues with the headlight falling off while riding. I cannot comment on the water resistance of the light itself as I havent had it on the bike during rain or heavy dew.

Both units appear well made, and the quick release on both are easy to use and hold secure. The only feature I dislike is having to cycle through all three modes to turn both units off. They both have a steady-on, flashing strobe, and intermittent flashing strobe. Since I use the light to see where I'm going as well as remain visible to drivers at night, I do not like using either strobe settings (although on the tail light it is useful).

I left off one star for this product since it does not seem terribly durable and I'm sure would not withstand heavy use over time. For a casual cyclist such as myself, it works and performs just fine, and the price cannot be beat by other name brand units.
33 comments165 of 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Likes:
-Easy to setup and attach to bike
-Multiple adjustment fittings depending on the width of your bike frame components
-Bright noticeable lights with different flashing patterns or constant beam
-LED's, saves the battery
-Good price in-case they brake or get stolen

Improvement Suggestions:
-A little too many batteries for an LED light "6 triple A's" Some time of power mgt option
-The back light will not click into its mounting bracket on mine. I tried multiple times and the tab is just not pronounced enough for it to stay. I fear it might shake loose and fall out of the bracket. It needed a better design for the back light...not sure if anyone has had that issue either
-I would like to see the button for on/off/pattern be a little larger and easier to push...especially the red light

Overall:
I purchased these because at this time of the year I find myself riding when its dark and I want to make sure i'm seen. It's a small investment to pay to hopefully keep you out of dangers way. I included some pictures on my Schwinn to give you a better idea. The front light is not really going to give you anymore visibility, so don't think of it as a headlight...its just a safety light if anything. Its brightness will make you noticeable to cars. The rear light will look like a taillight for you. Both lights can blink at different rates and the rear light can scroll too. I hope this helps you make your decision!
review image review image
0Comment61 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2014
For $10 I gotta give it 5 stars. I like the 3 modes offered for each. People are right when they say the front light won't really illuminate your way on a dark unknown route, but it's perfect for me taking back roads home from work, which are generally lit by streetlights. Riding on bumpy but paved routes, everything has stayed mounted solidly.
If I needed a lot more light, I might dismantle this and use the hardware to mount one of those good 1-AA LED Chinese flashlights on the bike. this is perfect for my commuter bike though.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2014
I purchased two of these products. Both are good. The newest version is by far better, so if you are looking for a cost-effective solution to biking at night, this is a worth the money.

The taillight works flawlessly. It requires 2 AAA batteries. Simple design on selecting illumination style. Cycle through the settings with each press of the button: Solid, Rapid Flashing, Slow Flashing.

The headlight is a great flashlight and gives clear vision directly in front of your bike and well ahead. The headlight was redesigned from my first purchase as shown in the pictures below.

The first one (silver button) had the attachment point break off from a decent impact. The second (red button seems a bit more study. The design was changed where the flashlight is the female connector, which makes removal significantly easier. Also, internal components are interchangeable if you order multiple flashlights and somehow receive different designs. The new flashlight is a bit taller, and has a hole where it can be attached to a key chain or small lanyard.

I advise the product, especially with the improvements.
review image
11 comment82 of 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2013
Purchased this light set for my street bike on a whim and I have to say it far exceeded my expectations. The headlight is massively bright with 5 LEDs and an attachment device that doesn't require any tools at all. The tailight, too, is very bright with 3 LEDs. Both have 3 different light pattern settings for steady illumination or an eye-catching flash sequence. The price was great, too. Much more for your money than the name brand bike light systems. Highly recommend this light set!
11 comment67 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2014
Mount will not fit my trek road bike. Took out all rubber inserts. Doesn't even come close. Very disappointing and would not recommend
on October 7, 2013
Never worked out of the box. Tried different brand of batteries, no luck.
Plus, flimsy plastic... I guess you get what you pay for...
11 comment17 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2014
The case surrounding the light itself was cracked when it got to me. Also, this is EXTREMELY cheap material. Granted, it was $5, so thats all well and good but I would never buy this again. Save your money and buy something thats worthwhile. The material is so flimsy that I'm able to bend it just by barely pressing on it. The mounting pieces are extremely tiny and barely work. There is a recess for the nut, but the nut is loose in there, and same with the screw and its outer housing. So trying to hold in 4 pieces and not drop and by extension, lose everything, is an exceptional challenge.

Also, even with the rubber shims that came with it and (finally getting the screw seated) the screw cinched down all the way, the light still moves around when riding. There is a tiny bump and divot that holds the light to the mounting bracket and i mean TINY. This thing I'm sure will wind up coming off in the near future. This is the "quick release" function that the advertisement describes. I'm sure it'll be extremely quick release. On top of that, the LED portion (that also is what holds in the battery pack) is opened up by a mere 1/16 of a turn, so if you hit a bump or something of the sort while riding, this thing pops right out. Trust me...i know from experience.

The description itself says that the light shines and can light up the road up to 40 feet away...this barely lights anything up 4 feet away, much less 40. I dont know what conditions they are touting, unless its in a room full of mirrors or is otherwise absent ANY light whatsoever, but definitely comes nowhere near close to 40 ft. I would NOT use this as a mechanism to SEE while riding at night, but hope that it would function as a way to BE SEEN. 1500ft, yeah right. This is definitely one of those its "made in China" and you get what you pay for. If I could give it 0 stars I would and I would return it if it were free to do so, but even that would cost me my time and I'm not even willing to do that.
11 comment36 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2013
This set of lights, considering their price tag, are very, very good.

The front light goes beyond any other light I have seen in this price range. It is incredibly bright with very little battery use. The light is engineered to shine light immediately in front of the bike and then several feet ahead of the bike. The brilliant consequence is that you can see in great detail everything right in front of you, as well as any obstacles as they appear many feet ahead, giving you plenty of time to adjust your speed or stop. For places where street lighting is present, the light simply functions as a strong indicator light letting other people in traffic know where you are with one of three different light modes. This light is bright enough that no one will overlook you whether you are otherwise in complete darkness or not.

The back light, as it should be, is simple. It has a tendency to jump off its socket pretty easily if you touch it by accident - but it stays put during a ride. It too is very bright with several different modes to fit your preference.

Both lights come with brackets that will fit almost anywhere on almost any bike. Plastic inlays means you can easily adjust how tightly the lights will fit onto their respective places of attachment. Both lights are also easily removable (completely without tools) - the front light comes off including the bracket while the back light snaps off the bracket.

I will happily buy these again - especially at just 9 dollars for the set like I paid.
0Comment35 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse