Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on December 31, 2009
Received a deck as a gift. I find they are like any other paper cards, except the red is a dull green and does not contrast as well with the black. I love the idea that they are more eco-friendly though.
0Comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
A laudable attempt environmentally, with (as the manufacturer says) starch-based glues and vegetable inks. Bicycle also stresses that the cards are recyclable, but other than the KEM-type fully plastic ones, what playing cards aren't?

The line designs for the rider backs and royals are what we're used to, but not the colors. Other than black, the only color used is green, and a rather dull one at that. This makes the royals look interestingly bizarre, but all pips and numbers on the minor suits (clubs and diamonds) are also green, and not a bright, easily discernible green. Something different and a little fun, but for speed tricks and counting card suits, a definite disadvantage. Bicycle has lots more bizarre and interesting designs out there, and while this Eco Edition is no particular price gouge compared to Bicycle's regular poker cards, it's certainly no bargain either. In all fairness, I must say the cards handle as well as the standard cards and also have that nice woven finish. All in all, proceed at your own risk.
on June 14, 2013
As always I enjoy the great quality of Bicycle cards. From the packaging to the design, the experience is amazing. Plus, these are eco-friendly which is a great benefit in my mind. The only drawback is that others complained about the color saying that it "made their eyes feel weird" or "looked to monotone." As a result, they elected to go with other cards 9 times out of 10. Of everything to love about this product, the only downside is the color scheme.
on June 5, 2012
There's nothing better than a freshly opened deck of new playing cards. Masterful work by a made in the USA company.
Love the green backing. Not too fond of the green for the reds. Would be nice to see them produce all their card decks in the future using this same process. I'd definitely recommend this item.
on January 19, 2014
This is basically a standard deck with a custom color palette. The box states the cards are recyclable and printed on sustainable paper with vegetable inks and starch-based laminating glue. I can't speak to exactly how this differs from Bicycle's typical production processes, but the result is a deck that's indistinguishable from the standard in terms of performance and printing quality.
The card back is the standard rider back design in olive drab. The court card patterns are standard, but the fonts and pips are slightly different.
Compared to standard decks, the black pips here are noticeably darker, making the contrast on the black suits a pleasure to look at. The court cards have white/black/green and white/gold/olive/green palettes, though the latter cards have poorly-defined color separation between the two green shades. The curious use of green for red pips may turn some off, but I enjoy the unorthodox colors and the overall design makes for quite a unique deck.
The muted and rich colors make these cards stand out and should especially appeal to military aficionados for its extensive use of olive drab.
on September 12, 2012
I like these cards.

they work reasonably well in well-lit conditions, my main beef with them is that they are, aside from the yellow/green/black color scheme, just normal cards. it would have been cool if there was some subtle variation from the norm in the art of the face cards and the corner marks, this is partly because green does not provide a high contrast color the way red does so the cards are harder to read at a glance or in low-light conditions and can take a bit to get used to.

of course if you're red-green colorblind, you're not really going to care.

I can therefore recommend this product with confidence to both the colorblind, and Eco-hippies.
on July 22, 2014
cute and well made. A little difficult to distinguish green cards from black cards however
on December 22, 2014
I need a deck of green playing cards once a year. I wish I didn't, because I can get two decks of blue and red ones for a buck at the dollar store, but, alas, I need a green deck. These work fine. They would hold up much longer than the dollar store cards if used for playing cards (I don't use them for that, so longevity doesn't matter to me). If I could find green ones cheaper, I would go that route, but I'm grateful to be able to get them on Amazon.
on April 8, 2011
The cards are sturdy and look like they could last for years like I like my cards to. I was honestly expecting a bad quality paper-like product. They bend a bit more readily than normal cards but it's not really a problem for me. The main problem is that the green looks very much like the black and it takes an extra second to differentiate between the two. It's not something that stops me from using the deck but I see why it could stop some.
on September 16, 2015
These cards are good. The only drawback is that the colors are green and red, instead of red and black. Sometimes it is hard to distinguish which cards are which when you are playing a fast-paced game. If you are color-blind then forget these cards. Otherwise I like that they have an Eco Edition. That's cool.

See 1 answered question