Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Big Bad Wolf (COS Commando Book 1)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 6, 2009
This book was Gennita Low's first book that she originally "published" on the web--posting a chapter at a time for fans. In the wait for her next book, Virtually Hers, she self-published the book and made it available on Amazon.

I've read all her other books (except Virtually His) and enjoyed them all, but sometimes they could get a little complicated. They are all intertwined and sometimes I got a little frustrated trying to remember everything in the book and from book to book.

This book is one of my favorites of hers. It is easy to follow and well-written. It is a stand-alone book--no cliff-hanger, no wondering what will happen next. Jaymee and Nick are both great characters. Similar to her other books, the characters are all about mind games. Lots of "testing" and "playing games" with thoughts and actions.

For those who have read the SASS and Crossfire books, you will recognize Jed and Grace. Jed was mentioned more in the books, but I do remember Grace, also. In addition, the GEMs are mentioned. It is obviously a prequel to the others, but it isn't necessary to have read or even to read the others, but because they are pretty good, I would recommend them.
on December 30, 2012
I'm glad that I started reading this book during Christmas break, because once I started reading, I had to finish. I needed to know what happened to Killian Nicholas Langley and Jaymee Barrows without fail.

With the title, I thought it was a paranormal story (I'm a great fan of the genre); then I realized that this is a romantic suspense. And boy, oh boy... I was hooked from the first chapter. Nick was the quintessential alpha male who is dark and brooding which made me think of Heathcliff at times.

And how can you not admire Jaymee? Very strong and very focused yet at her core she is soft and a romantic. All her past hurts had just made her stronger. And though she was aware that Nick is "bad news", she could not help herself.

You will love all the characters - lead and supporting. All characters were three-dimensional. There was never a dull moment in the book from the moment Nick walked into the jobsite and Jaymee hired him as a roofer there was just that electricity between them. And it followed them to the bedroom.

This book is rated PG 15 due to violence and sex.
on August 21, 2013

Humor: 6/10
Secondary Characters: 8/10
End: 7/10
Pace: 8/10

I really liked this one. I was worried at first that it would be a shifter romance, but it wasn't, thankfully. The pace was excellent for most of the book but did take a slight hit toward the end. The characters are the greatest, I really loved the H/h. And their chemistry was off the charts! I especially loved the bantering and teasing, playfulness of their relationship. And the smexy times... so hawt!

My only issues lie in mainly the lack of condoms (ugh... pet peeve), several typos that pulled me out of the story, and I had a hard time following the suspense side of the plot. Even now, I still don't quite get it. The end was a bit wishy-washy too. I can't really explain that; I just didn't feel it. Overall though, this is a solid Romantic Suspense story that kept me hooked from start to finish. Nick and Jaymee may just be one of my most favorite couples of the year. I even teared up a few times at the end! I'd definitely recommend this to fans of RS.
on February 17, 2009
Big Bad Wolf entrenches the reader back into the COS Commando and GEM World by taking us back in time from Ms. Low's current novels, and introducing the reader to presumed KIA/deceased COS Commando, Killian "Nick" Langley. Nick meets his heroine and match in female roofer Jaymee Barrows after an attempt on his life is made during a COS mission.

I am an avid reader of Genitta Low's COS/GEM world books and online COS/GEM world websites thus the background knowledge of her world of characters was helpful in understanding the place in time that Big Bad Wolf takes the reader. Ms. Low is one of those rare author's that can grab a hold of a reader and entrenches you into her world of characters so much so that you believe and dream that they are real. I have fallen in love over and over with her leading men and women who are true heros and heroines. They encompass our dream men and women that have bodies to die for, strength of character that is unmatched and personalities that make you laugh and cry. Let alone the hot romance and danger that comes along when each of her stories are told!

Not only will the Big Bad Wolf enthrall each and every one of you, I suggest that if you have not read Genitta Low before that you go out and purchase everyone of her books that you will be rereading over and over because you can't get enough.

[...]
Do an internet searh of Ms. Low's websites as they will allow you to throw yourself into an amazing world of characters that will intrigue you and make you impatiently wait for more of her works to be published. She has many online tidbits on her characters and short stories that will add so much more to your reading experience with her novels.
on July 22, 2014
I have read a lot more of G. Low's book's & have yet to read one not well written. This one is among the very best. I enjoyed it so much went to the next in the series. It was as interesting & well written.The humor, suspense, danger, a parent & a couple's learning
growing process is a joy to read.
Buy it you will enjoy a great read.
on January 13, 2014
I am an old fan of Ms. Lows, but I found a book I hadn't read yet, so bought it and finished it quickly. I never seem to be able to get enough of her stories.
Jaymee is a roofer, much like our author is. I found it very interesting how she used her roofing knowledge to build this female main character. I really appreciate the fact that all the females that Ms. Low writes about are strong, and tough, and not the idiotic woman we see in movies, who look back at the bad person chasing them, fall down, and end up dead, or looking stupid. Most of us don't look back or fall down. We run like heck! Jaymee is tough.

Nick, our lead male, is sex on a stick. I wanted to run my hands over his body(don't tell my husband!), but loved that as a covert operative, who is trained to set aside emotion, he shows plenty to the woman he cares about. It warms my heart.

If you're looking for an easy, fun, sexy read, this is the book. You can walk away feeling good about what you read.
on December 31, 2013
I decided last night to read this book in the bathtub. 4 hours later, I was a cold shriveled prune. Big bad wolf is easy to get into and hard to put down. If you want to read this book in the tub, make it a hot tub.
on May 12, 2009
I'm so SICK of the shameless marketing tactic this mediocre book represents. Avaricious publishing companies now routinely publish the early works of popular authors, giving the reader almost no notice that what they've purchased is that author's very early, fledgling work. This is a reprehensible practice that takes unfair advantage of readers. A loyal, faithful fan ends up paying an exorbitant price for what he/she believes is his/her favorite author's "latest" work, anticipating the top-notch quality this dedicated reader has come to expect. Imagine the crushing disappointment when the book ends up being the poorly written piece of poo-poo you'd expect any author's first work to be.

That's been my experience, over and over again, particularly with romance writers. You'd think I'd learn to check the copyright date before purchasing. It's just that I've been waiting sooooo long for a new work from Gennita Low, that I happily scooped up this "new" book without a thought. Nope, didn't even read the author's note at the front of the book where she offers this book as a way to "give something back" to her loyal readers. Sorry, Gennita, but if this is your idea of a gift, you're not invited to my birthday parties!

Sorry to say it, but like every other "early work" I've read of my favorite authors, this book did not measure up to Gennita's other works. The writing is painfully bad. The clumsy, stilted dialogue. The ridiculously clueless heroine. The florridly described love scenes. Don't get me wrong: you can definitely see some promise here. But for $11.55, I want (and deserve) far more than that. Let's face it, this book wasn't published earlier because the publishing company didn't think it would sell. They're right: it wouldn't have sold then. It shouldn't be sold (or bought)now.
44 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2013
Love, love, love this author I have found! Thanks to Book Bub! I am a fan of special ops romance stories! She grabbed my attention from the beginning! Can't wait to read more of her book!! Keep them coming, I'm a FAST reader!!
on October 18, 2015
Killian, aka as Nick, is a hero to die for. Jaymee hires him, knowing in her heart he is not a roofer but some one hiding a secret. The plot is exciting and the love story great. It develops slowly and with much angst. Exactly the love and adventure story I love.