Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Big Brother 3 - Episodes 1-4
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on November 17, 2003
Season 3 was one of the best of the Big Brother Series. (I also loved Season 2 with the "evil" Dr. Will). I'd forgotten alot of Season 3 - Amy & Marcellus, Chiara & Roddy, Lisa & Eric, Danielle & Jason... and good ole Gerry.
The fighting, the loving, Amy leaving then returning, Marcellus and his decision with the Golden Veto, Danielle and her comments in the Diary room - I loved all of it and was saddened when I finished watching it again.
The only "extras" are the audition tapes of the contestants. Interesting but I wish there were more "extras" such as comments from the House Guests or Julie Chen. Maybe the producers will add more on the next Big Brother DVD release. (Hopefully they will release more).
My biggest beef is with the packaging. I received the set with several DVDs loose inside their jewel box. A friend of mine received her set with alot of scratches on the DVDs. Instead of having each DVD attached inside, two DVDs "share" the same space, one an inch or two down from the other. The "top" DVD on each side is supposed to hold down the other one but comes loose so they both rattle around.
Another thing - I've noticed Amazon has raised alot of their prices and this is no exception. I bought BB3 here when it first came out and paid $49 for it but now it is selling for
$62.96. Ouch!
11 comment|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2004
I was thrilled when I found out that CBS was releasing this DVD set, because BB3 was the best cast ever assembled for a TV show. I liked the mix of people, the conflicts, the twists, and overall friendship among the house guests. I rooted for Roddy to win, followed by Jason. I loved the comedic talents of Danielle, Roddy, and Marcellas, though I don't agree with Danielle that Roddy was "the devil". This season offered memorable moments, like Amy coming back into the house after two weeks in Mexico and how her drinking drove her housemates mad, Eric talking in his sleep, witty and whiny Josh, the "stripper mascarading as a mother", Marcellas and his beloved gnome named "Boo", Jason and Danielle's well kept secret alliance, Eric and Lisa's romance, Jason getting nervous over a massage, Sheryl Crow's surprise concert, and more...Lots of great moments for any reality tv show cast, and well deserving of being released on dvd. Since BB3 aired, I haven't liked the cast of BB4 or the current BB5 cast. I think the show hit perfection with #3. Other reality show casts I like are: MTV Real World Hawaii, MTV Real World New Orleans, and MTV Road Rules Australia, and Survivor: The Australian Outback. I wish they would release those on DVD too. But I doubt that anyone will ever assemble as great a cast on any reality show as BB3 was.
on December 1, 2003
Although this was a great season of Big Brother, the DVD edition leaves much to be desired. The ONLY extra features are boring audition tapes of the houseguests to be and the DVD set is of very poor quality. There are no scene selection or language options, nor is there subtitling. The episodes themselves appear exactly as they did on TV, with language and nudity censored. No deleted scenes (these people were taped 24/7, I'm sure they could have come up with SOMETHING), NOTHING! This DVD set seemed to me like a bootleg someone burned at home. The packaging is also terrible.
The set is worth having if only to relive this great season, but if you are a DVD buff and look forward to those features prominantly found in DVD box sets, you will be sorely disappointed. Absolutely nothing new of any worth to see.
on June 15, 2006
This was a good Big Brother season with lots of interesting characters and a lot of unexpected twists. It ranks just below Season 2 with evil doctor Wil(which strangely has not been released). Though it contains all 32 episodes, there are no extras aside from audition tapes. It would have been nice to get commentary, or updates on the people. Or they could have given uncensored bits. Still it is worlds better than the abbreviated version of Season 4. The packaging is not the best and there is a good chance the dvd's could come loose in transit. Also, the Amazon price is crazy. I got my set at Overstock for just over $20. Hopefully they release the other seasons.
on October 8, 2005
I am baffled as to why CBS has only released season 3 as a complete season set and none of the other seasons of BB before or after, but this definitely was a great season to watch. There were some very memorable characters, including one of most well-known houseguests to come out of the show, Marcellas.

So what is there that makes Season 3 worth watching? We saw one of the most successful and secretive alliances of BB history. One of the steamiest romances to ever happen in the BB house took place during season 3. There was also an annoying Dr. Will wannabe who thankfully didn't last too long. Which brings me to my biggest question to CBS - why Season 3? If you're going for historical value, Season 2 had arguably one of the best BB players ever. A man who was hated by the houseguests managed to stick around until the end, then gave one of the most offensive final speeches ever, but still managed to get enough votes to win the game!

Anyway, if we can't have season 2, then season 3 is probably the next best thing. If you missed it, it's definitely a season that every BB fan should see.
on January 15, 2006
I had NO idea what to expect as I had not seen any USA version of Big Brother before. It took a while to get into the rythm of the show on DVD (as the pace is a bit slower than Amazing Race or Survivor), but after the first disc (of nine) I enjoyed it immensely and fell in love with all the wonderful personalities in the house. I would have loved a "where are they now?" section on the DVD, as I really do wonder what happened to all of them and if some of the couples are still together. As a fan of reality TV, I highly recommend this release.
on September 9, 2004
What good is a DVD set with only the first 4 episodes? I assume the others will come out later (or not, if this one doesn't sell), but then we have to spend MORE money.

The reviews for the Big Brother 4 DVD indicate that Season 4 is only 2 discs, featuring highlights only.

Why can't CBS put out a COMPLETE SET of at least ONE season? Also, don't they realize that the true fans want everything? That includes ALL the episodes AND some uncensored clips as well.
on November 1, 2003
I purchased the set from the CBS site, being an avid Big Brother fan. Though I am very glad to have the entire season, and I can re-live all the moments of the best 'Big Brother' to date, I do have some criticisms, particularly with the last disc in the set. The disc is quite clearly Volume 9, though the spine of the case reads 'Volumes 6-8.' At least two of the episodes near the end of the season were not re-edited for the DVD, because you will still see CBS insignia reminding you to watch Survivor Amazon in one week. All that aside; the BB3 DVD is worth the money, especially if you were a fan of all the quirky houseguests. Cheese, beer and a ceramic lawn gnome named Boo.
on December 11, 2006
Big Brother three is most likely the best season to date. The secret domination of the angel and the devil (Jason and Danielle) provided some of the best moments of Reality TV. I can not imagine not having this DVD set. I watched it through twice since I got it (earlier this year) and it never gets old. All-Stars was great, but this is the show in its beginnings. If anyone mildly likes Big Brother, than I am sure they will love this. This season is what got me hooked on Reality TV. Humor and alliances, romance and strategy, this season has it all. Even if you've seen it before it's worth watching over and over again. Just think: you can watch this season whenever you want for the rest of your life. You've got to buy it.
on May 15, 2012
Seeing as the price for this set now hovers around $50 for the cheapest copy (including shipping), I was a little frightened to spend that much money. The set is nine discs, with four episodes per disc, which is an entire cycle: Eviction/HOH, Nominations, Veto, Veto Meeting. I had forgotten that the veto competition and the Veto meeting were different episodes in season 3. One really nice thing is that as soon as you put the disc in, it goes straight to the menu. There isn't that five minute thing that most DVD's have, with FBI warnings and such. The show appears to be exactly what was broadcast, so that settled my fears. If you are a fan of Big Brother and can afford the hefty price, now that it's out of print, I'd say go for it. The packaging isn't perfect, as the other reviews mentioned, but beyond that I don't see a flaw. If this season and the clip-show version of Season 4 are all that we get, then I'll take what I can get. Even if the price is a little higher than I'd like...