4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad At-Home Version
Where the arcade version of this game is a chainsaw, the Tv version is a scalpel. Very accurate aim is necessary to kill anything, sometimes to a fault. With only deer to kill players may miss the Moose and Ram, favorites of the original. The plastic shotgun is pretty well designed and seems durable. The features are very similar to the arcade otherwise. I think the game...
Published on July 25, 2009 by Devin E. Farren

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad.
I had originally gave this one star because we couldn't get it to work on our TV. Yes, that is more our problem than the game maker's, BUT they could've included better or at least SOME instructions with this game! Plus the customer service sux since we called and left messages for help and no one has ever called us back!

So with that said, we DID end up...
Published on January 1, 2010 by Barnacles

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, November 13, 2012
Naomi J. (Dansville, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Buck Hunter Pro TV Game (Toy)
This is the second one of these that I have bought and it the second (and last) one that went in the trash. After about 6mth. it stops working right. It acts like the connection is bad and the gun wasn't able to aim at the TV. I changed batteries in the gun and the receiver on the tv but to no avail. Will not be buying a third one which is sad because my son really enjoyed the game when it worked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, July 12, 2011
This review is from: Big Buck Hunter Pro TV Game (Toy)
This is a great game for what it is. Considering you dont need a game console its fairly impressive in playability and graphics. The gun reaction time is slow and favors a player who adjust his aim by looking down the barrel of the gun not just the radical on the screen. I think many people who have usability issues with this game dont realize that you should aim as you would a real gun then give the radical a second to catch up before pulling the trigger. Overall alot of fun and the kids love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars the big game hunter, April 8, 2011
This review is from: Big Buck Hunter Pro TV Game (Toy)
This toy is a hit with my kids the boys especialy like it. It has been durable so far and it has been used by 3 young boys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Family Fun, March 24, 2011
This review is from: Big Buck Hunter Pro TV Game (Toy)
Our family has had experience with the deluxe Big buck hunter Pro before. And it is very entertaining. However the one I bought through Amazon was incomplete. The light sensor was missing so we had to return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars HUSBAND LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!, February 2, 2010
This review is from: Big Buck Hunter Pro TV Game (Toy)
HAD BEEN HUNTING THIS GAME FOR MY HUSBAND BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND COULD NOT FIND IT SO AFTER CHRISTMAS IT BECAME AVAILABLE AND CHEAPER. MY HUSBAND LOVES IT. HE'S A DEER HUNTER SO HE CAN PLAY THIS WHEN HUNTING SEASON IS OVER. THE ONLY DRAWBACK TO IT IS THAT IT USES THE BATTERIES UP FAST. JUST HAVE TO KEEP EXTRAS ON HAND.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!!, January 11, 2010
This review is from: Big Buck Hunter Pro TV Game (Toy)
I ordered this for my 16 year old son who loves to hunt. Some of the reviews had some negative comments that made we question purchasing this game. He and his friends think the game is awesome. They think the quality is just as good as the game room. I don't regret my decision to buy this game.

3.0 out of 5 stars So So video game does OK as Home Version, December 18, 2009
This review is from: Big Buck Hunter Pro TV Game (Toy)
So I got this since I'm a BIG fan of the arcade version Big Buck Hunter. I did not have high expectations since anytime a game is ported from the arcade, it usually isn't as good. I immediately had issues with TV compatibility. The first TV I tried the game on, (I think it was a 42" cheap Vizio plasma) the game would freeze about 3 minutes in, when it came to the hunt selection screen. I never did get it to work on the TV. The second time I tried the game, I plugged it into my computer moniter, which has video inputs. I would be worried about the compatibility of this with all TVs. It appeared to work fine for the most part. I did have issues with calibrating it, as the first time I could not hit the "OK" button to finish writing my initials. There is a slight lag with the crosshairs when you are shooting. It is almost not worth trying to sight down the gun barrel as you can more effectively watch where you move the crosshair. The game does not have all the options the arcade does, only deer are available to shoot. But as long as you don't expect an exact replica of the arcade, you may be fine with this product.

Overall I would give this an average to better than average rating. It does save scores, you can reset scores, and you can recalibrate the gun in the menu, so the creators did put a few nice options in there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lita, January 30, 2010
LITA "GRANDMA" (Montgomery Village, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Buck Hunter Pro TV Game (Toy)
This was purchased as a gift for my husband for Christmas. He loves it. He plays the games with our 5 year old grandson. I even play it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even close, August 11, 2014
mojambo (Columbus, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Buck Hunter Pro TV Game (Toy)
It's not the same as the arcade version. I thought it would be fun to have this at home, instead of wasting 5-10 (or more) dollars on this stupid game every time I go to the movies. The gun is not the same. The trigger isn't terribly responsive. The graphics of the game are bad, worse than the arcade. There is a good amount of lag when aiming. The game includes an on screen reticule pointing to where you are aiming, without this inclusion, it would be impossible.
Worst of all, the gun is not easy to calibrate. I tried on several TVs, all had trouble maintaining a good calibration. You most likely will not be able to hit all parts of the screen, at least not all with the same accuracy.

Overall, it's very disappointing. If it were even half as fun as the arcade game, I would have no problem. There are simply too many flaws. I will wait until I can find a used arcade box, I suppose.

5.0 out of 5 stars deluxe buck hunter, February 3, 2010
This review is from: Big Buck Hunter Pro TV Game (Toy)
I purchased this for my 40 year old son,(who loves hunting just like his dad) We had the best time with this game-Love it!

Big Buck Hunter Pro TV Game