5.0 out of 5 stars We love the big chickens!, November 28, 2008
We bought the original Big Chickens book a couple of years ago and have had so much fun reading it to our daughter. We were happy to learn that another version of Big Chickens had been written and have found it just as entertaining as the first. Our daughter is now 4 1/2 and she still enjoys the nonsensical chatter of the Big Chickens and listening to their silly adventures. We have read both books more times than I can count.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this book, August 13, 2008
This is the absolute first book that my daughter would sit still for. And now we've read it a million times or so. :o) The illustrations are vivid and funny, and my daughter really enjoys counting the four chickens on each set of pages. It's also great for having your toddler point out various items pictured.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Highly Recommended Sequel, December 11, 2009
In the sequel to 4 Big Chickens, the 4 chickens want to visit the farm house, but in true chicken form, at least for these 4 chickens, they fumble every attempt with hilarious consequences, and keep returning to the safety of their hen house until they finally decide they are 4 big brave chickens who REALLY want to see the farm house. When they finally discover the farm house, they are overcome with joy, even more so when they discover someone has "moved" their hen house right next door to the farm house so that they can visit any time they want. If you loved the orginal book, you will love this one as well. I still think the first was my favorite, but this one is just as cute. Even the pictures are hilarious. The chickens dressed in clothes, and check out what they use as nesting boxes! Don't miss this hilarious book. And if you haven't read the first, I recommend you get that one too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, February 14, 2014
This series of books about Big Chickens is hilarious, engaging, and I love the vivid word choices! I think my 3-year old grandson now has them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Chickens Fly the Coop, April 6, 2013
Delores B. Jones (South Bend, IN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Chickens Fly the Coop (Paperback)
Great book for our 4 yr old great-grandson.....he's really into the Big Chickens. Keep them coming Leslie Helakoski, you've got big fan,in our family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny!, July 20, 2012
This review is from: Big Chickens Fly the Coop (Paperback)
Funny book! It had parts when the chickens are scared and it was funny! Good illustrations and craftsmanship. Good Price and quality story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, great author, April 5, 2012
This review is from: Big Chickens Fly the Coop (Paperback)
This is a just a fun book. All of her book teach a lesson and are great to use with kids. She is a Michigan author and my teacher friends and I try to support local authors as much as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson loved it, so it was a perfect purchase, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Big Chickens Fly the Coop (Paperback)
I bought this book after experiencing the Big Chickens while subbing in a first grade class. It's a wonderful book to read aloud with the fun chicken personalities and repeating phrases. My grandson simply loved the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Funny and Entertaining Book, May 12, 2011
Who doesn't love farm animals? CHickens can be especially funny. My son loves the trouble that these chickens get into. But in the end they always come out smelling like roses. Great funny book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love the Big Chickens!, December 6, 2009
We found the Big Chicken books about a year ago, when my son was 3. We loved them then and love them still. These books have stood the test of time in our household. We have so much fun reading them...they lend themselves to VERY animated reading. Just a joy!

We are eagerly anticipating Big Chickens Go To Town.

Big Chickens Fly the Coop
Big Chickens Fly the Coop by Leslie Helakoski (Paperback - February 18, 2010)
$6.99 $6.29