Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on August 26, 2015
The blu-ray itself is good. I would rate it a 4/5 on video and 4/5 on audio. The movie is very good and most have probably seen it by now. I believe it is one of Adam Sandler's best movies because of him working with the twins in this one. He has his normal crew like he has for all Happy Madison produced movies, but the story is a little different than usual for him. He assumes the father role for a kid who claims to be the child of his roommate (a very young Jon Stewart) who is engaged to be married to a different woman. He tries to pretend to be his father to try and protect his friend's relationship. Having the kid element in the movie is so funny and Sandler is great at working with them (the Sprout twins). I would give the movie a 4/5, I couldn't really give an Adam Sandler movie higher than that but it is one of his best.
on June 8, 2016
I choose this rating because the movie is good. What I like about the movie is that thirty-two-year-old Sonny Koufax (Adam Sandler) has spent his whole life avoiding responsibility. But when his girlfriend dumps him for an older man, he's got to find a way to prove he's ready to grow up. In a desperate last-ditch effort, Sonny adopts five-year-old Julian (Cole Sprouse, Dylan Sprouse) to impress her. She's not impressed... and he can't return the kid. Uh-oh for Sonny! What I dislike about the movie is that I wanted to see more of it. I would recommend this movie to other people.
on November 20, 2015
it's not easy rasing a child especially if your a deadbeat to begin with. movie made right before 9/11 made me really want to go to new york. good enough for the digital shelf and the dvd came in new conditon. adam sandlers gold line of movies. funny and heart gripping at every other turn with a good ending. personally how stupid do you have to be to adopt your friends kid, that is a good question.
on May 3, 2016
I've had this for a month and finally got around to viewing it...first of all, the CD was loose inside the case before it was unwrapped and when I loaded into my DVD player (yes, I'm US) it said "Wrong Zone" and wouldn't play!!!
on November 29, 2015
Big Daddy sees the beloved Adam Sandler play as Sonny Kaufax, a 32 year old unmotivated, unreliable slacker who's spent most of his adult years trying to avoid adult responsibilities the world brings. Sonny's severe case of Peter Pan syndrome causes his girlfriend, Vanessa to break up with him and leave him.

Upon losing the one person that always had faith in him, Sonny decides to try to prove a way he's ready to mature--and that's where fate steps in. One morning, Sonny wakes up to find a 5 year old, Julian at his apartment. A note comes with him from his mother explaining that she no longer wants to care for Julian and is handing the responsibilities down to Kevin, Sonny's roommate and allegedly the biological father of Julian. Kevin however denies being the father and is unable to care for Julian at the moment due to a business trip he's attending in China.

Sonny, not left with much of a choice, decides to adopt Julian---mainly as a means to try and impress and win back the heart of Vanessa. However, he's disappointed to discover that not only is she NOT impressed with him adopting a kid, but that she's already gotten with someone else who seems to be much more mature than Sonny and has his life figured out with a 5 Year Plan. Impressive.....right? Suddenly Sonny feels like he's been thrown in an unfortunate situation but before he knows it, he becomes attached to the little guy and forms a near unbreakable bond with him
on October 15, 2014
as you all know I love Dylan and Cole Sprouse to death. I love this movie with them in it and this is my all time favorite Adam Sandler movie in the world. this movie is so funny. I love this movie. it's a wonderful movie but it is not for kids, teenager yes and adults but not kids. it's rated pg-13 so I wouldn't let my kids watch it but I would let my teenager watch it if I had kids which I don't.
on July 14, 2016
I have seen this before. I love this movie. It is the funniest movie. I have seen over four times and it can never get old laughing. This is just a really great story line mixed up with straight up funny. Love it
on December 6, 1999
My initial impression based on the trailer was that this would be another crass Sandler flick (Sandler is cool, don't get me wrong), but might have potential. I was surprised - It was very good! Adam Sandler adopts a 5-year-old boy to prove to his girlfriend he's ready for the next stage of his life. She dumps him anyway, and Sandler realizes that he doesn't know what he's doing, and so tries to give the kid back. While he's got him, though, they do all sorts of crazy things and have a lot of fun. Rob Schneider provides excellent comic relief, as does Steve Buscemi, who has a cameo in this film. In short, a normally irresponsible man grows up by having to deal with the joys of parenthood. A thumbs-up for heart, and two thumbs up for humor and entertainment! Special features include an HBO First Look which is worthwhile viewing.
VINE VOICEon April 12, 2006
The review from "The New Yorker" on this page is probably one of the most pompous and hollow reviews I've ever read. "Big Daddy" is a great movie. I'm a long-time Adam Sandler fan but, put it this way, after seeing this movie, so is my mother. She's usually not into this kind of comedy, but this has become one of her all-time favorite movies. So, saying that "Anyone looking to solve the mystery of Adam Sandler's mass appeal is not going to do it here" seems to be a ridiculous statement.

The movie is funny from "all angles". The story is good, the cast is as solid as I've ever seen in a comedy, etc, etc... Whether or not you're usually into Sandler's brand of comedy, you will most likely appreciate this film. I feel that this is Adam Sandler at his best - and it is certainly one of his most successful projects.

Highly recommended.
on December 23, 2014
I don't understand the hatred critics have for this movie. It's not Citizen Kane. It's a family-friendly, cute, heart-warming movie. That's it. It moves along quickly, with no lulls. The laughs are genuine. The actors all give sweet performances. Ignore the pretentious critics and give this movie a chance. It's very satisfying, which is what a film should be.