Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Big Love: The Complete Series
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on July 11, 2016
Always loved this show and it is nice to have it at home to watch episodes when I want. I was sad to see the series end.
on May 30, 2016
Such a great show! I wish it would come back.
on March 24, 2016
Excellent series. It touches subject matter we have all wondered about and kept it in an entertaining and exciting way.
on March 22, 2016
Xmas gift for my wife. Great price and quick delivery
on December 27, 2015
Very weird look inside of a polygamist family. Great acting by Bill Paxton, Jean Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigny and Ginnifer Goodwin with a good storyline. If you are looking for a different type of show to binge watch or get into...try this one.
on November 3, 2015
You must to see it
on September 4, 2015
Love it. Look forward to each next episode.
on July 5, 2015
I really enjoyed the first two seasons of this series for its novelty, but it then lost me by the third season. I felt that the writing took an unfortunate path of over-dramatization, wherein the real potential for the series was in detailing a more relatively mundane day-today existence of a polygamous independent fundamentalist Mormon family.

Instead, the plot became overly dramatic with too many murder and other criminal subplots that always arrived one on top of the other. Also, the family drama was overdone especially with Nicki's character who became insufferable. There was almost zero normalcy after the second season, with one exaggerated subplot after the other engaging the family with no time to breath. I enjoyed the tension of the intrigue brought on by the conflict with the compound and other fundamentalists but, again, it was overwritten.

For a subculture that needs support rather than persecution outside of dysfunctional compounds that exist precisely because their religion is technically illegal, this series really didn't do them any favors despite it being sometimes billed as tolerance advocacy. Would the LGBT community be happy if the first real fictional series about them portrayed them as a bunch of gangsters? Polygamy should have had their "Will & Grace" (in terms of messaging, not the style of show) before their "Big Love". One would think that the criminal subplots would be enough ham-fisted critique, but the writers also found time to slip in a hefty dose of social politicizing that is also currently counter to their beliefs. With friends like that, well...

I thought that Bill Paxton was great in his portrayal of the type of man that would succeed in successfully carrying such a family. I'd like to see a toned down series, with a similar Patriarch, that treats the subject matter a little less dramatically and which can resist biased political messaging.
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2015
The show is great but it still left me wanting more character development. I wasn't given as much entry into each character's true thoughts and feelings as I wanted. By the fifth season some of the drama became annoying and excessive. I would have loved more focus on some of the side stories of the smaller character parts. By Season 5, the character of Nikki was insufferable. As was Bill's. Some of the things that were said by some characters didn't warrant a realistic response. I can't imagine anyone letting so many verbal insults/behaviors slide in real life. Overall though, I was on a ride with this family and did enjoy it. Wish there was a spin off.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2015
I love the series and enjoyed watching again .