5.0 out of 5 stars A Man and His Mug
My current lover is a fire arms specialist, or something. He shoots a lot of guns and gets paid to do it. I had no idea what to get him for his birthday,and then I discovered this awesome treasure. I'm glad I did. He loved it. And of course, I had to use it too.

To address some concerns:

- The paint: I didn't notice any botchy paint...
Published on February 15, 2012 by Angie

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh
Fun novelty cup, but broke the handle in the first week. More for decoration. Handle also smaller than I had imagined. OK purchase, but use only for decoration.
Published on October 25, 2011 by Trunkmonkey

5.0 out of 5 stars A Man and His Mug, February 15, 2012
Angie (Procrastination Station) - See all my reviews

To address some concerns:

- The paint: I didn't notice any botchy paint.

- The durability: It hasn't broken or chipped, but it is clearly NOT a strong, heavy ceramic. It's quite light, and I imagine if you are too rough with it, it will break. Also, it doesn't appear to be bulletproof.

- The size: If you drink a lot of coffee or tea, you will refill this mug often. If you just have a cup in the morning, then it'll hold enough beverage.

- The logistics: Some dudes have complained that their fingers won't fit through the trigger hole. Mine fit fine (but I'm a woman). If your burly fingers cant fit, it's easy to grip it like normal, or just pinch the gun handle.

- The amusement: 5/5 stars. It's a gun mug! C'mon! If that isn't the most awesome idea ever, then, I wish you the best anyway.

And to think I almost got him a really nice pen.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, October 25, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars This thing is horrible., December 2, 2011
This review is from: Big Mouth Toys The Gun Mug (Kitchen)
I bought this thing as a Christmas present and it's junk. Obviously I knew that I wouldn't be receiving an extremely high quality product. After all, it's cheap and with stuff like this you often get what you pay for. But I didn't expect for it to be this bad. The gun looks like it's about to break off and the paint is wearing off as well. Brand new out of the box and it looks like it's been used for the past 10 years.

It's junk. Don't buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT use for coffee!, August 20, 2012
This review is from: Big Mouth Toys The Gun Mug (Kitchen)
Just pulled it out of the box and after a minute of thinking "Wow this looks awesome!" I was sorely disappointed by the quality of this mug. It is extremely light weight, meaning its hollow and easy to break. The black gloss paint wasn't put on evenly. There is a spot that they missed while painting on the inside of the cup and they didn't even bother trying to paint the underside.

I turned on my electric kettle to make my first cup of coffee and as soon as the hot water touched the mug I heard an alarming amount of cracking from the mug. I quickly dumped the water out and while I can't see any damage it is quite clear that if you put hot water in this mug it will shatter. Great I just bought a coffee mug that is as useful as a lace umbrella in the rain. So in closing this "toy" mug will go sit on a shelf and never be used.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not microwave safe, June 3, 2012
This review is from: Big Mouth Toys The Gun Mug (Kitchen)
I gave this mug as a present. It looks pretty cool, but is functionally useless. It is NOT microwave safe. The mug becomes insanely hot to the touch.

1.0 out of 5 stars 3weeks, May 7, 2012
This review is from: Big Mouth Toys The Gun Mug (Kitchen)
Ive had this cup for like three weeks and it's already chipping paint love the look of the cup but it is cheaply made, with I could get my money back.

3.0 out of 5 stars i took this out to the firing range, February 23, 2013
This review is from: Big Mouth Toys The Gun Mug (Kitchen)
i have taken many mugs to the firing range in my local community: tea cups, 6 oz. demi-tasses, grandma's tea collection, the starbucks plastic mug and a klean kanteen, and honestly NONE of them performed up to the level of Big Mouth Toys The Gun Mug Gun. this thing is locked and loaded and ready to fire hot coffee all over your friend's face, so don't hesitate to purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look at only, December 17, 2011
This review is from: Big Mouth Toys The Gun Mug (Kitchen)
Nice to look at, but do not use as a real coffee cup. Not microwavable, just one little tap on counter and it shattered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift, June 28, 2012
This review is from: Big Mouth Toys The Gun Mug (Kitchen)
This gun mug was a gift to a friend for fathers day. He says he loves it and now want to drink coffee to show it off.

5.0 out of 5 stars What could be better than a pistol coffee mug!?, June 24, 2013
This review is from: Big Mouth Toys The Gun Mug (Kitchen)
This is my every-day coffee mug for work. The handle keeps the temperature from touching my hand is is very stable. The cup is a good size and has held up well for these last couple months. Like the handgun-shaped ice cubes, this is a great conversation piece and I am very happy I chose to buy it, you should too.

ARRAY(0xa789c330)