why is The Big Short not yet available on Kindle?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2010 10:12:13 AM PDT
why is The Big Short not yet available on Kindle?

Posted on Mar 18, 2010 2:26:42 PM PDT
It is -- in the UK for over $15. Go figure.

Posted on Mar 19, 2010 10:23:43 AM PDT
David Pring says:
I am getting sick and tired of finding every book that I want to read not being available on Kindle. Amazon will blame the publishers and the publishers blame Amazon. However, we are the customers that believe it or not make the whole damn thing work. So get real both or you. Unless the middlemen perform a valid role their days are numbered as the writer would love to be paid more and the reader is prepared to pay.

Posted on Mar 19, 2010 12:21:47 PM PDT
Once again, another book not available on Kindle. . .and I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that if it ever is. . .it won't be $9.99. . .

Blame the publisher all you want---but it's amazon that's NOT taking care of loyal customers.

Posted on Mar 22, 2010 6:52:34 AM PDT
Le Daniels says:
Really wanted this book...will it ever be available. I thought this kindle was going to be godsend, I read a lot and travel a lot....I was sooooo happy.....but this is the 3rd book I've wanted and it's not available

I'm sooo soooo very disappointed

Le

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2010 11:51:51 AM PDT
Sorry, I went to the Amazon UK site, and didn't see a Kindle version. (I thought maybe I could buy it from there ... why not?)

I too am disgusted I can't get this book on Kindle.

Posted on Mar 30, 2010 3:49:57 PM PDT
This really sucks!! I am starting to regret buying this kindle. Amazon needs to get a grip.........I should just return this kindle, frankly!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2010 6:52:27 PM PDT
Cynthia -- Do a search in books for the title. Note that the listing shows a kindle version available. Click thereon -- and....there it is in England, with the notation that the kindle version is not available in the US. So they cannot claim that it has something to do with not being formatted for kindle yet -- it exists, they just don't want us to have it.

And I'm getting annoyed along with all of you!

Posted on Apr 16, 2010 6:17:45 AM PDT
Jay P. says:
I agree with Soozie. Perhaps my Kindle will show up on eBay before it is totally worthless.

Posted on Apr 18, 2010 10:45:54 AM PDT
Amazon needs to get it's act together. Not having this title on Kindle is pathetic.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2010 11:16:22 AM PDT
Jay P. says:
This is the kind of thing that will kill the Kindle - and reduce Amazon's ebook sales. The iPad is out now and even though Amazon has a Kindle application for it, the iPad works better with the it's built-in book reader than it does with the Kindle app.

Posted on Apr 21, 2010 10:41:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2010 1:32:14 PM PDT
Bob Beggs says:
If publishers feel that they will improve sales by waiting for hardcover sales to build before making an e-book version of their titles available they are in error. Those of us who love e-books will not buy the hardcover when an e-book version is not available. And, when the e-book version finally is released the buzz may well have subsided and we'll be on to something else. We may well end up not buying the book at all. The e-books don't all have to sell for $9.99. The publishers and author deserve a fair return (hardcover price less printing and distribution costs). But, waiting may get them nothing. BTW, everyone, this is not Kindle's fault. There are other e-book sellers and they are not selling The Big Short in the U.S. market either.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2010 3:20:05 AM PDT
Excellent point, Bob! I really want to read The Big Short, but I refuse to buy it in hardcover.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2010 3:20:06 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 22, 2010 12:00:43 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 22, 2010 4:22:31 PM PDT
Jay P. says:
I just got the book - in hardcover - from a friend. So, Amazon, and the Publisher, and the Author lost a sale. Its a pain to read it in hardcover but, after all, I got it for free.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2010 12:08:21 PM PDT
Russell Long says:
I'm also looking for "The Big Short" and am very disappointed that it is not available in the USA. By the same token, I just read a review of the brand new "The War Lovers" in the New York Times today and immediately found it on my Kindle. Something is wrong here.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Mar 16, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael Lewis (Audio CD - May 6, 2010)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,506)